View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:30 pm 
Hall of Famer

Reputation point: 108
how has Keith gotten so expendable all of a sudden? he was my favorite defenseman and almost always seemed to be everywhere he needed to be at just the right time

is he hurt?

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

Reputation point: 141
Boris13c wrote:
how has Keith gotten so expendable all of a sudden? he was my favorite defenseman and almost always seemed to be everywhere he needed to be at just the right time

is he hurt?

He was always destined to burn out earlier than most. The guy's been an iron-man and played obscene minutes for years, but clearly he's been losing his wind for the last 2-3 seasons. Seabrook is spent. Toews' concussions and injuries are all piling up, too.

That said, if you trade Toews, you may as well trade Kane, Seabs, Keith, and basically any of the 3-cup veterans. And possibly there's an argument you may have to move on from Quenneville, but I think you could still glean some success out of Q if you reshape the roster in his vision. To do that you need capital, and the Blackhawks have had none for many years.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:29 pm 
Head Coach

Reputation point: 33
Boris13c wrote:

is he hurt?

I am not bagging on any of the Hawks, I just don't want them to keep them past their usefulness. I don't think any organization should keep someone just because they are a "favorite" or because of past performance when current performance is subpar.

I try not to fall in love with any player from teams I root for. I am more interested in long term success. I think the window has closed on this current Hawk roster due to age and inexperience. If you can find some buyers, start selling if the payment is rich.

I think in Saad, Schwartz, Forsling, Debrincat, to name a few, you have the start of a new nucleus. It may not be Kane, Toews and the gang, but it is a good start.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:57 am 
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:
Boris13c wrote:

is he hurt?

I am not bagging on any of the Hawks, I just don't want them to keep them past their usefulness. I don't think any organization should keep someone just because they are a "favorite" or because of past performance when current performance is subpar.

I try not to fall in love with any player from teams I root for. I am more interested in long term success. I think the window has closed on this current Hawk roster due to age and inexperience. If you can find some buyers, start selling if the payment is rich.

I think in Saad, Schwartz, Forsling, Debrincat, to name a few, you have the start of a new nucleus. It may not be Kane, Toews and the gang, but it is a good start.

yeah ok ... I get what you're saying

I just have a soft spot for Keith ... he plays like a throwback, always on the ice and always productive on both ends ... so guess I'm kind of sorry to see him fading away

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:30 pm 
Head Coach

Reputation point: 33
The era is ending and it seems to have come fast, but it has been a good ride for about 8 years. 3 Cups, can't ask for much more. I just don't want this team to get ancient and then fall into the basement for years. I would rather they stay competitive as long as possible. You know, don't be like the BEars!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:53 am 
Hall of Famer

the good news - before leaving work I got a call from a friend telling me to meet him downtown because he had extra tickets to the Blackhawks/Capitals game

the bad news : I actually went and saw the Blackhawks/Capitals game

what a shit show ... it looked like things would change in the second period, but that ended up being a lot of activity with little result

and the crowd wasn't too happy with the hit Caps hero Ovechkin took towards the end ... wasn't in position to see it that well, but those in the crowd who were let it be known ... all I saw was Ovechkin moving slowly to the bench

so I got to hang out with some friends I hadn't seen in a while so the social part of the event was fun ... the game, not so much