Blackhawks 2016-17 Playoffs

6x Stanley Cup Champions

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Not a good start. Keith, TVR, Schmaltz, & Tootoo were abysmal. 4th line was hot garbage. Penalties out the ASS. Long, long season to go, and these young guys have to grow.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

That was a rough game to watch. That 5 on 3 for that long was a killer. TVR, WTF!! Didn't get too pissed, being first game and all, but friggin hate the Blues. Some of the guys looked disinterested.

Glad there is some new, youngblood getting a chance. I think Hartman, Forsling and Hinostroza will be fine but it will take time. I see this team hitting a nice stride toward the midpoint of the season. Going to take some time to learn how each other play.
UOK
Site Admin

My only qualm is that Q has no patience and will ditch guys quickly as hell if they're not sharp on defense. These young guys need to walk a tightrope.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I agree. Now is the time for the new blood and he needs to be told, Chill the fuck out!!

Due to their shitty cap situation Q needs to realize this needs to happen. He can't keep Rosival around forever. I think in time these young guys will pan out.

I just get bummed when these players (in any sport) think they need the big bucks and the future be damned. If they would just take a million or two less it would help greatly. I know these players need to think of their future but I know they all want to win also. Double edge sword.

Bowman also needs to look at the big pic as well. Seabrook's contract is just a little too much. Hossa's is hurting as well. I love the dude but a 10 yr deal? I think he can still play but the pay is not equal to his ability at the moment.
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

Obviously I'm a Blues fan and anything I say is going to be regarded as 'hate'...but I have to honestly question you depth.

To me....your third and fourth lines are simply not ...well....very good.

Sure your top end talent is among the best, but how will they handle injuries? how will they handle cold streaks?

Again...I'm not talking up my Blues....I'm just saying IMO this is the worst (thinnest) Hawks team I've seen in a very long time.
UOK
Site Admin

This is oddly enough the roster I've wanted to see for a couple years. The reality of The Core is that their contracts are killing this team, and have been delaying the inevitable exposure of Bowman's young draftees who have languished in Rockford. Now there is no cap space at all to worm a couple solid names in there and all you have are the few old and breaking down (Rozsival, Hossa, Campbell) paired with the young and unproven (Schmaltz, Hartman, Kempny, etc). Toews and Kane are going to get split at some point as well as Keith and Seabrook because they aren't going to win dick this season. In the next two years, Kane, Seabrook, and Crawford will be playing somewhere else and pray that Bowman gets a huge pile of prospects in return because there's not a whole lot waiting in the wings for this teams future beyond who is on the roster now.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I agree UOK, I love that they won 3 Cups in 6 years but Bowman was kind of mortgaging the future. Again, which is OK when you are winning but he did not have his eye on keeping this team a perennial winner. I too think this team is going to hit the wall hard in the next couple of years. I think Bowman has spent foolishly, rewarding some players that he should have let walk.

As I said, I am a big Hossa fan, but this 10 yr deal is killing, so is Seabrook's. I think some of these kids will pan out, but there will be some growing pains.

While they will not be as good, I still think it will be exciting to see the young guys improve.

So you think Kane will be somewhere else? I can see Crawford for sure.
UOK
Site Admin

Kane is more expendable than Toews and you would get a king's ransom for him in the market. If you keep him you're hamstringing your salary cap in a crippling way.
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Kane is more expendable than Toews and you would get a king's ransom for him in the market. If you keep him you're hamstringing your salary cap in a crippling way.
Let me start with I think Kane is probably the best scorer in the league (and if he decides to play every night, he could be among the best ever)....but...as a cap guy, I don't see much value there and really wonder what his trade value would be. He'll be a 10.5 million dollar cap hit at the age of 35.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Hossa with his 500th, great to see and glad it was not an empty netter. They put some O together last night but their fuck penalty situation. They can't keep dudes out of the box and their short hand D sucks big time right now.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Hawks on a good roll right now. Young guys starting to fit in a little better, Crow playing really well and old guard getting it done as well.

Anisimov on an 8 game point streak.

O was clicking last night.

Breadman had a helluva empty netter. Scored on a shot while falling down. Going on the 29th, can't wait.
UOK
Site Admin

I've missed the last couple games thanks to baseball & social obligations, but it's interesting to see Hossa on that 2nd line and Kane and Toews being united.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Hossa with 2 big boy goals last night and Crow is just killing it. He was the man in the 1st period, PK has stepped up. Team is starting to click and the young guys are playing well. I really like Motte and Forsling.
UOK
Site Admin

Thanks to the Cubs I've been unable to watch the BH for a bit and am kind of sports-exhausted at the moment, so I've been delighted to see/read that they're coming together.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Hossa continues to be hot. Stars scored a helluva goal to send the game (sunday night's) to OT.

Top two lines are doing some damage.

Darling played well and is 3-0 at this point. PK has turned around also.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote:Hossa continues to be hot. Stars scored a helluva goal to send the game (sunday night's) to OT.

Top two lines are doing some damage.

Darling played well and is 3-0 at this point. PK has turned around also.
Darling had a ridiculous toe save in OT.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Helluva save, I was jacked when that happened. The way the play unfolded, I was saying, "HELL NO!"" thought it was gonna be a goal for sure.

Big game tonight. I think they need this win in a big way. Blues have not been playing well of late. Hawks need to get this new monkey off their back.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Crow continues to kick ass!! Giving only 1 goal up to the O inept Blues. He made a save similar to Darlings blade save of the other night. Taresenko failed to get lift on it and Crow kicked it away.

Panarin showed he could hold his own in a scrap with Upshall I believe. The Bread Man with the Gordie Howe hat trick!!!!

Game should not have went to OT, but what the hell, they got the W.
UOK
Site Admin

Crawford has been incredible. There's a lot of odd discussion about if the Blackhawks are actually good or if this streak is a false positive.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Hawks and Hossa keep rolling along. Good games both Friday and Sunday night. Friday kind of sucked due to OT loss. Missed last night's game but saw Kane's kick ass, falling down goal. Hossa scores again. He is killing it right now.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote:Hawks and Hossa keep rolling along. Good games both Friday and Sunday night. Friday kind of sucked due to OT loss. Missed last night's game but saw Kane's kick ass, falling down goal. Hossa scores again. He is killing it right now.

It was an incredible play.

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

That was a stinker, damn. Not the Hawks team of the previous 2 weeks. I could not figure out what the hell I was watching, it was like a Twilight Zone episode. I hate the Circus Trip and glad it is ending next year.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote:That was a stinker, damn. Not the Hawks team of the previous 2 weeks. I could not figure out what the hell I was watching, it was like a Twilight Zone episode. I hate the Circus Trip and glad it is ending next year.
Eh, those games just happen. I didn't catch all of it, as mercifully I had some stuff to occupy my evening. Their power play is abysmal. 2 goals in their last 25 or something like that? No good.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

One word - HOSSA!!!!!!! :headbang: :wave1:
UOK
Site Admin

There's the whole OT. Fantastic, insane hockey.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Was at the game last night (early Christmas present to the family) and it had to be the most uninspired game I had ever seen. It was like two best friends competing against each other. I do not recall one solid check. I have not looked at hit stats, but there was no physicality at all. I know we will not necessarily get that from the Hawks, but so many chances were passed up by both teams to lay the wood and they didn't.

Glad for the win, but it was just a weird game.

Panik scores two goals, one in the shootout to win the game and he is not named one of the stars of the game? WTF!! I understand Crow because he kicked ass. Luongo? Panarin (who scored first in OT)? Everything about the game was a little strange.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote:Was at the game last night (early Christmas present to the family) and it had to be the most uninspired game I had ever seen. It was like two best friends competing against each other. I do not recall one solid check. I have not looked at hit stats, but there was no physicality at all. I know we will not necessarily get that from the Hawks, but so many chances were passed up by both teams to lay the wood and they didn't.

Glad for the win, but it was just a weird game.

Panik scores two goals, one in the shootout to win the game and he is not named one of the stars of the game? WTF!! I understand Crow because he kicked ass. Luongo? Panarin (who scored first in OT)? Everything about the game was a little strange.
Whistles out the ASS! God, the game was rife with stoppages, and you could tell everybody was kind of pulling their punches after that road trip. Panarin pantsed Luongo in OT & Panik won the game. Crow was outstanding, as usual.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Classic tweet from Luongo:

https://twitter.com/strombone1?ref_src= ... r%5Eauthor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

HOSSA!!!! :headbang:

4th game winner this year!! Old Man is tearing it up.
UOK
Site Admin

Hossa nets a pair and Darling w/ the shut out! Plus Mike Smith got pantsed, which is always fun.