BLOG: I Hate Aaron Rodgers.

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

https://1985edition.com/2017/01/19/i-ha ... n-rodgers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Bears and Packers couldn't be more different, and while Aaron Rodgers looks to make more history, all we Bears fans have to chew on is how we got in this mess.

As always let me know what you think.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

well, I think you've certainly summed up the feelings of all of us

a sidenote to the Cutler Knee Championship game - if the Bears had not shit the bed in Green Bay in the last game of the 2010 regular season the Packers wouldn't have even been in the playoffs

but the Bears let the Packers in, and then paid for it later ... 10-3 in a game where the Bears offense simply vanished and the Packers managed just enough

1 more thing to add to your hate list

you're welcome
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
britbear
Player of the Month

Yeah mate, I think you pretty much nailed it. Rodgers is a footballing freak, we can all see that. But why oh why did he have to be drafted by the Puke?
Bleeding Navy and Orange!!! GO BEARS!!
UOK
Site Admin

britbear wrote:Yeah mate, I think you pretty much nailed it. Rodgers is a footballing freak, we can all see that. But why oh why did he have to be drafted by the Puke?
Thank the 49ers. They were in a complete bind that year deciding between Rodgers or Smith. They couldn't make a decision and I believe at the last second they were sold on Rodgers and were going to change their pick, but whoever had the last word came back to Smith and they pulled the trigger.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

I hate Rodgers because he comes off as a smug fake nice guy to me.

I hate Cutler because he's kinda like that super hot girl that you have adored since high school and then you finally get to date her and find out she is just the worst person in the world, she treats you like garbage and the sex is awful and she cheats and leaves all the time, but you kinda don't want to be alone and she's REAAAAAALLLY hot so you keep letting her back in.... well I feel like we've done this dance long enough... time for the hot girl to kick rocks...
malk
Head Coach

BamaBear09 wrote:I hate Rodgers because he comes off as a smug fake nice guy to me.

I hate Cutler because he's kinda like that super hot girl that you have adored since high school and then you finally get to date her and find out she is just the worst person in the world, she treats you like garbage and the sex is awful and she cheats and leaves all the time, but you kinda don't want to be alone and she's REAAAAAALLLY hot so you keep letting her back in.... well I feel like we've done this dance long enough... time for the hot girl to kick rocks...
Are you ok mate?
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
G08
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:I hate Rodgers because he comes off as a smug fake nice guy to me.

Are you ok mate?
:lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

malk wrote:

Are you ok mate?
Just an analogy....
ysleblanc
MVP

The major issue I see from fans and media perception of Cutler is, they see a team that sucks and then a QB with a lot of talent, so he should just put on his cape and start winning games.

Andrew Luck above anybody else proves that no matter good your QB is, you won't win with a QB alone, nobody ever has.

The bottom line is, it's not Cutler's fault that after he arrived, the defense went to shit and the front office started drafting duds. The year he had a strong defense he went to the NFC title game and they lost after he got hurt.

The last 4-5 years they have had no real position of strength, either due to bad personnel or bad luck(injuries/suspensions). It's convenient to blame the QB, but as influential as a QB is on a football team, it only adds up to 30% of the picture, without the other 70%, you have no chance.

Blaming Cutler for the Bears suckage the last 5-6 years is a lazy narrative for those not willing to dig deeper. Like 5pm sportscasters saying the team who's QB plays better will win.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

ysleblanc wrote:

The major issue I see from fans and media perception of Cutler is, they see a team that sucks and then a QB with a lot of talent, so he should just put on his cape and start winning games.

Andrew Luck above anybody else proves that no matter good your QB is, you won't win with a QB alone, nobody ever has.

The bottom line is, it's not Cutler's fault that after he arrived, the defense went to shit and the front office started drafting duds. The year he had a strong defense he went to the NFC title game and they lost after he got hurt.

The last 4-5 years they have had no real position of strength, either due to bad personnel or bad luck(injuries/suspensions). It's convenient to blame the QB, but as influential as a QB is on a football team, it only adds up to 30% of the picture, without the other 70%, you have no chance.

Blaming Cutler for the Bears suckage the last 5-6 years is a lazy narrative for those not willing to dig deeper. Like 5pm sportscasters saying the team who's QB plays better will win.
I wasn't blaming Cutler for the Bears being bad. This analogy was specifically about the times when Cutler's mistakes lead to a loss, like, ya know when they played Buffalo and he makes a bone-headed throw across his body to the middle of the field and gets picked off by a defensive tackle that he didn't bother to notice dropping into coverage. Or the 4 INTs he threw trying to prove something to DeAngelo Hall. Or the numerous other times he had directly made a bad play that helped lead to a loss. As for the QB putting on his cape, don't worry Aaron Rodgers will be playing this weekend, he's done a pretty good job putting on his cape and leading his team, no matter how good or bad the defense is... people don't have to question his dedication to his team because he will play through just about anything other than a broken collarbone for his team, I don't ever recall any NFL players questioning his injuries... Bet if he had sprained his MCL in a conference championship game, he would have not been able to stand to get him out of the game, he wouldn't have stood on the sideline with a sour look on his face while watching his team get put out.

The Bears weren't a bad team when he got here, they have crept into being a bad team since but in that time Aaron Rodgers has still found a way to lead his team while Cutler and his apologists continue loading up with the excuses why he shouldn't be blamed because it's always somebody else or something else to blame.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

UOK wrote:
britbear wrote:Yeah mate, I think you pretty much nailed it. Rodgers is a footballing freak, we can all see that. But why oh why did he have to be drafted by the Puke?
Thank the 49ers. They were in a complete bind that year deciding between Rodgers or Smith. They couldn't make a decision and I believe at the last second they were sold on Rodgers and were going to change their pick, but whoever had the last word came back to Smith and they pulled the trigger.
We also passed on Rodgers at 4 that same year and went for Benson. Sure, we had Rex Grossman on the roster at that point - but he hadn't proved anything. Anyhow - a lot of teams passed on Rodgers in the 1st round, but I think it burns extra that we passed on him at 4 and ended up with a bust RB, while GB was able to snatch him towards the end of the 1st round.
Never Die Easy
Ormazd
MVP

Insult to (non)injury...

It's bad enough the Packers have had this incredible 24 year run of great QB play, but the bastards never even get hurt. Only exception was Shea and the collarbone, for which McClellan will always hold a special place in my heart. But, even then, Rodgers came back in the last game against the Bears to fuck us.

I'm not ashamed to admit every time Rodgers takes a snap I hope that someone gives him the LT to Joe Theismann treatment. I can't think of a person I hate more, with the possible exception of Donald Trump.
BearDen
Journeyman

Ormazd wrote:Insult to (non)injury...

It's bad enough the Packers have had this incredible 24 year run of great QB play, but the bastards never even get hurt. Only exception was Shea and the collarbone, for which McClellan will always hold a special place in my heart. But, even then, Rodgers came back in the last game against the Bears to fuck us.

I'm not ashamed to admit every time Rodgers takes a snap I hope that someone gives him the LT to Joe Theismann treatment. I can't think of a person I hate more, with the possible exception of Donald Trump.
I think it's wrong to wish an injury on someone just because they play for the Packers. However, Aaron Rodgers is an exception to that simply because he is a bad person. According to his brother, he has not spoken to anyone in his family since he was drafted. Not a single member of his family even knows his phone number. He's scum.
Ormazd
MVP

BearDen wrote:

I think it's wrong to wish an injury on someone just because they play for the Packers. However, Aaron Rodgers is an exception to that simply because he is a bad person. According to his brother, he has not spoken to anyone in his family since he was drafted. Not a single member of his family even knows his phone number. He's scum.
Yeah, I don't wish that fate on all Packers -- just Rodgers. (Well, maybe Clay Matthews a little bit) I can't stand to look at his smug, arrogant, douche face.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

BearDen wrote:

as someone who has a not great relationship with his shitty family, here's my unpopular opinion: aaron seems like an OK dude. And his weird family going to the media constantly to tell people that he's a bad guy (which is a totally normal thing for a totally normal family to do) doesnt really change that opinion.

do i wish a vagrant would stab him repeatedly in his right shoulder until it resembles ground beef? oh yeah definitely. But I'm also not stupid enough to listen to his fame whoring brother whine that he doesnt call anymore.
BearDen
Journeyman

Ormazd wrote:
BearDen wrote:

Yeah, I don't wish that fate on all Packers -- just Rodgers. (Well, maybe Clay Matthews a little bit) I can't stand to look at his smug, arrogant, douche face.
Yeah Matthews is another one. Constantly gets away with steroid abuse and dirty hits, wouldn't mind seeing him get a career ending injury next time he tries an illegal hit.
BearDen
Journeyman

RustyTrombone wrote:
BearDen wrote:

as someone who has a not great relationship with his shitty family, here's my unpopular opinion: aaron seems like an OK dude. And his weird family going to the media constantly to tell people that he's a bad guy (which is a totally normal thing for a totally normal family to do) doesnt really change that opinion.

do i wish a vagrant would stab him repeatedly in his right shoulder until it resembles ground beef? oh yeah definitely. But I'm also not stupid enough to listen to his fame whoring brother whine that he doesnt call anymore.
I disagree, Aaron comes off as extremely arrogant and douchey. I think you're sympathizing too much based on bias from your own personal experience.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

and i think that if aaron was the bear's quarterback, and had won us a superbowl and was on the cusp of taking us to another one you wouldnt think he was scum.

like, i do get the douchey vibe thing. i dont think it's that different than how people perceive jay, they're both kind of low-key dudes who'd rather keep to themselves. I'm just not ready to jump to the conclusion that he's a bad human being because he's got a difficult relationship with his family.

ben roethlisberger and jameis winston, now those dudes are scum.
BearDen
Journeyman

RustyTrombone wrote:and i think that if aaron was the bear's quarterback, and had won us a superbowl and was on the cusp of taking us to another one you wouldnt think he was scum.

like, i do get the douchey vibe thing. i dont think it's that different than how people perceive jay, they're both kind of low-key dudes who'd rather keep to themselves. I'm just not ready to jump to the conclusion that he's a bad human being because he's got a difficult relationship with his family.

Big Ben is definitely a POS, what did Winston do? I know about the crab legs thing, but was there something else? And I never said I wouldn't love to have Rodgers winning SBs for the Bears, as long as they're not murderers, rapists, pedophiles, beating women, or abusing children I'm pretty much ok with anyone who has talent.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

BearDen wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:and i think that if aaron was the bear's quarterback, and had won us a superbowl and was on the cusp of taking us to another one you wouldnt think he was scum.

Big Ben is definitely a POS, what did Winston do? I know about the crab legs thing, but was there something else? And I never said I wouldn't love to have Rodgers winning SBs for the Bears, as long as they're not murderers, rapists, pedophiles, beating women, or abusing children I'm pretty much ok with anyone who has talent.
If not mistaken Winston was also accused of rape
BearDen
Journeyman

bearsfaninaz wrote:
BearDen wrote:

Now that you mention it, I think that he was. Guess he is a POS too.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

BearDen wrote:
bearsfaninaz wrote:
BearDen wrote:

Now that you mention it, I think that he was. Guess he is a POS too.
Had to look it up but he settled out of court last year. To me that means admitting guilt personally
docc
Head Coach

Wasn't Rodger boyfriend " I thought you loved people more than money" when he moved out of Erin's love nest.. Then the Munn cover thing..

Not that there's//blah..blah etc..
wab
Mod

The biggest difference between Rodger's douchey-ness and Jay's douchey-ness is that Rodgers isn't very well liked by his teammates. They tolerate him because he's really freaking good. Jay's teammates actually (and for the most part with a few exceptions) really like him.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:The biggest difference between Rodger's douchey-ness and Jay's douchey-ness is that Rodgers isn't very well liked by his teammates. They tolerate him because he's really freaking good. Jay's teammates actually (and for the most part with a few exceptions) really like him.

well there ya go ... sums up the Bears QB issues for years

Bears fans find some middle of the road schlub they fall in love with (see Kyle Orton) ... team does ok but never gets to the big dance

now the Bears players find some middle rated guy they fall in love with (see Jay Cutler) ... team does ok but never gets to the big dance

so ... the team doesn't need a guy the fans love ... they don't need a guy who is loved by his team mates ... they need an asshole with a big arm who can play the game
George Carlin
malk
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:
wab wrote:The biggest difference between Rodger's douchey-ness and Jay's douchey-ness is that Rodgers isn't very well liked by his teammates. They tolerate him because he's really freaking good. Jay's teammates actually (and for the most part with a few exceptions) really like him.

Bears fans find some middle of the road schlub they fall in love with (see Kyle Orton) ... team does ok but never gets to the big dance

now the Bears players find some middle rated guy they fall in love with (see Jay Cutler) ... team does ok but never gets to the big dance

so ... the team doesn't need a guy the fans love ... they don't need a guy who is loved by his team mates ... they need an asshole with a big arm who can play the game
For all their success, and I sure wish we'd been as good as them recently, Rodgers has won one ring and that was in a season where we shit the bed against them twice.

I don't want to indulge in too much whataboutery but imagine if it was Rodgers injured rather than Cutler in that Championship game. No ring, no Superbowl MVP and likely loads of articles about wasted talent.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:
Boris13c wrote:

For all their success, and I sure wish we'd been as good as them recently, Rodgers has won one ring and that was in a season where we shit the bed against them twice.

I don't want to indulge in too much whataboutery but imagine if it was Rodgers injured rather than Cutler in that Championship game. No ring, no Superbowl MVP and likely loads of articles about wasted talent.
valid points ... and perhaps the Goon Bay magic of always being in the playoffs would have been negated if the NFC North had ever been truly competitive during the Rodgers era

it is bad enough when Rodgers leads wins over the Bears, but it becomes even more painful when the Bears gift him wins at the most critical points of their season (those 2 games you mention are a good example)
George Carlin
marlin
Practice Squad

On a different forum six years ago, I was annoyed not only at Aaron Rottengers quick success, but also how quickly the ingrate Packers fans turned on Brett Favre, meanwhile the Bears couldn't develop a QB to save their lives. While seemingly everyone else was going on about how much success Aaron was going to have in Green Bay, I calmly pointed out that it's hard to get to the Super Bowl, much less win one, and that I wouldn't be surprised if he never gets to another Super Bowl. I don't think I got one reply, and you'd think I'd have gotten some backup being on a Bears forum and all. Anyway, here we are 6 years later, Aaron Rogers will be 34 by the time next years playoffs roll around and he hasn't so much as sniffed another Super Bowl. I guess I wasn't ready to crown his ass.
G08
Hall of Famer

He's still the best QB I've ever seen. Watching him lose makes me happier than it should :)
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
BearDen
Journeyman

G08 wrote:He's still the best QB I've ever seen. Watching him lose makes me happier than it should :)
I think we can all sadly agree on both of these statements.