View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Search for:

Which draft pick will perform the best in 2017
R1. Mitch Trubisky... QB 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
R2. Adam Shaheen... TE 50%  50%  [ 20 ]
R4. Eddie Jackson... S 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
R4. Tarik Cohen... RB 18%  18%  [ 7 ]
R5. Jordan Morgan... OG 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 40
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:43 pm 
Pro Bowler

Reputation point: 70
At this point it has to be Adam Shaheen for me for the following reasons:

He's a pass catching TE whose blocking needs work. Miller is really the only other pass catching TE, he has an unfortunate injury history and a lot of posters here have doubts about whether he will even make the roster.

Given the Bears situation (new QBs, quality RB, lacklustre WR corps etc.) most expect the Bears to be a run first team and use a lot of two TE sets so there's plenty of potential for him to get on the field.

He's a big red zone target who caught a lot of TDs in college, albeit not at the highest level. He may or may not get a lot of receptions, but I expect him to get a few TDs because of this. The red zone offense was awful last year and that was with Jeffery. I don't see any of the current WRs being better options.

He's been getting reps with the first team during OTAs and Mini Camp.

Mitch Trubisky isn't expected to start ahead of Glennon at present and is therefore only going to get limited reps in practice. The only way I can see him getting meaningful game time is if Glennon sucks big time or picks up a season-ending injury. If Glennon is out with a short-term injury I think they're more likely to roll with Sanchez for a game or two rather than throw in Trubisky.

Eddie Jackson would be more of a contender for me, given the paucity of talent at safety, if he had been a full participant in the offseason program, but he's being eased back slowly from his broken leg. Fox is so conservative I expect him to go with Amos, at least initially. If Jackson shows starter potential then it's less likely that he'll be asked to field punts given that it was on a return that he broke his leg last year.

Tarik Cohen may be an exciting player to watch, but at 5'6 and 180lbs he's not going to be spelling Howard when he needs a breather. He'll have to have a package of plays specifically designed for him and that means he won't see the field for more than a handful of snaps a game at best.

Jordan Morgan is unlikely to make the 53. The team has too much talent on the interior and he's very raw, so it's much more likely that he'll wind up on the practice squad.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:47 pm 
Hall of Famer

Reputation point: 96
Jackson said he's 100% healed and that Fox wanted him to take it easy until Training Camp.

I hope the kid starts opposite Demps, I really do.

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

#PrettyBoyAssassin

Clarence wrote:
Ps G08 is a moran [ :thumbsup: ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:27 am 
Mod

Reputation point: 131
G08 wrote:
Jackson said he's 100% healed and that Fox wanted him to take it easy until Training Camp.

I hope the kid starts opposite Demps, I really do.

I hope he at least takes the nickle job from HJQ. It would be nice if the Bears are able field a nice quality trio of safeties again at some point in my lifetime.

I like Jackson a lot. I don't like Demps as much as a lot of people do, but I get the signing. It would be great if Jackson, Amos, and Bush could be those guys in the future (and I know everyone hates Bush for some reason).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:33 am 
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
(and I know everyone hates Bush for some reason).

I've preferred shaved since I was in high school...

#PrettyBoyAssassin

Clarence wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:24 am 
Mod

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:

Hey Oh!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:16 pm 
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:

Hey Oh!

Truthfully, I still am not a fan of Deon Bush because of that blown coverage against Green Bay. Not fair to hold it against a rookie, but I am at this point.

Demps is a proven veteran that recognizes routes and knows how to get his defense lined up properly. Eddie Jackson, by all accounts, was that type of presence in Alabama's secondary. Putting him next to Demps allows him to lean on a veteran a bit while still learning the NFL game.

My only concern is his size and, IMO, "fear" of sticking his nose in support. Dude shies away from contact.

#PrettyBoyAssassin

Clarence wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:57 pm 
Pro Bowler

Reputation point: 5
I went with Shaheen because of the red zone opportunities and targets he'll receive in general. I think Miller will be traded or cut (most likely cut) before the season starts leaving Sims and Shaheen as the primary two TE's. Even though Shaheen's 40 yard dash and agility drills weren't great for an NFL TE - he still plays faster in pads IMO. I think he'll be able to create separation and use his size to his advantage against NFL safeties and LB's trying to cover him. Without a proven WR target, I can see Shaheen being a security blanket for Glennon early on - especially since they're both 6'6.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:58 am 
Mod

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:

Hey Oh!

Truthfully, I still am not a fan of Deon Bush because of that blown coverage against Green Bay. Not fair to hold it against a rookie, but I am at this point.

See. You and I stuck up for Conte through alllllll of the bad, including a blown coverage against Green Bay. I feel like I've seen some flashes in him that give me hope.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:26 pm 
MVP

Reputation point: 9
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:

Hey Oh!

See. You and I stuck up for Conte through alllllll of the bad, including a blown coverage against Green Bay. I feel like I've seen some flashes in him that give me hope.
I was with you on Conte, not because I thought he was great--he certainly wasn't--but because he was SO reviled that fans seriously undervalued him, IMO. Deon Bush... Not so much. :-p

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:31 pm 
MVP

Reputation point: 30
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:

landing strips...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next