View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:24 pm 
Head Coach

Think of how Howard will run when they spread the defense out and make teams fear the pass game.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:47 pm 
Head Coach

Mikefive wrote:
Think of how Howard will run when they spread the defense out and make teams fear the pass game.

I was thinking this exact same thing. Instead of facing 8+ in the box every play we go spread or *gasp* bunch formation then run Howard weak side. I'm picturing big things for him next year as long as we get some weapons at WR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:53 pm 
Crafty Veteran

But...but...think of what the defense will dictate...How will Nagy be able to scheme against what the defense dictates???

I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:27 pm 
Assistant Coach

Mikefive wrote:

Bingo!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:01 pm 
Player of the Month

Atkins&Rebel wrote:
But...but...think of what the defense will dictate...How will Nagy be able to scheme against what the defense dictates???

So sad hearing those excuses. I must say that the young offensive players development that did occur last year was in spite of coaching.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:31 pm 
Hall of Famer

I'm not sure that we will see the Chip Kelly offense. I would expect to see the KC offense, with a lot of Kelly concepts thrown in. I do expect see more of a spread offense, something that Long and Grasu should be very familiar with. I expect there to be a lot of short under clear-out routes. I see more TE involvement (If Shaheen is who we all hope he is, this could very, very good for him). It's going to be really exciting to see what they put together.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:29 pm 
Player of the Month

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
I'm not sure that we will see the Chip Kelly offense. I would expect to see the KC offense, with a lot of Kelly concepts thrown in. I do expect see more of a spread offense, something that Long and Grasu should be very familiar with. I expect there to be a lot of short under clear-out routes. I see more TE involvement (If Shaheen is who we all hope he is, this could very, very good for him). It's going to be really exciting to see what they put together.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. I think parts of the Chip Kelly offense make a lot of sense. But I hope and expect Nagy to hold true to the WCO.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:32 pm 
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
That's what I expect as well.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:40 am 
Assistant Coach

Mikefive wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

We won't see the Chip Kelly offense here. It keeps the defense on the field too long because of those failed hurry up drives for the sake of having a hurried up drive.

You'll see those plays I'm sure, but I'm guessing the tempo will be more normal.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:58 am 
Player of the Month

The Marshall Plan wrote:
Mikefive wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

We won't see the Chip Kelly offense here. It keeps the defense on the field too long because of those failed hurry up drives for the sake of having a hurried up drive.

You'll see those plays I'm sure, but I'm guessing the tempo will be more normal.

At the same time, being able to change the pace of the game is just another tool that can be used to attack a defense. It's something we rarely saw with the Fox, sometimes even when circumstances dictated a fast pace.

That's why I hope Nagy has some kind of plan where he thinks he can incorporate parts of the Kelly offense into his own while eliminating the major flaws of it.

Can you imagine the Bears routinely scoring over 20 points a game? Trubisky better be as happy as a pig in slop right now!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next