Bears reportedly declining Sitton’s option

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Grasu was a bad fit in Fox's weird power running stretch zone thing. He's a talented guy, but he does need to put it together. I'm certainly not penciling him in as a starter or anything, but with Helfrich and Heistand on the staff, I'll be interested to see if they can do anything with him.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Grasu...
Year 1... Sucked and Injured.
Year 2... Injured.
Year 3... Sucked.

I'm not seeing the reason for hope here.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I like Sitton ... was happy when they signed him and have been happy with his play ... if he's gone, it will leave a gap in Trubisky's protection, which others have rightly noted should be the priority of any offensive line reconstruction

so I'm with the others in hoping the Bears get this right

if Sitton ends up being back, I will cheer ... if not, I will wish him well and hope he goes to a serious contender to finish things out
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
FaithInCutler
MVP

I don’t like to make bold statements on draft prospects. However, if Nelson is there at 8 and you take him he solves a LOT of problems. You draft him, start him and watch him help the entire offense continue to get better.

He’s an upgrade over sitton at a much lower price.
He keeps your young QB upright.
He reunites with his college coach.
He helps out the center a ton in his college tape. Hell, a lot of times he’s helping the LT.
He’ll learn the pro game from Long.
And as long as he stays healthy you just plug him in and forget about it for 10-12 years.

He truly is THAT good. Freak strength, nasty, smart and relentless.
"dooooonnn'tt ccaaaaaaarrrreeeeeee" - Jay Cutler
wab
Mod

FaithInCutler wrote:I don’t like to make bold statements on draft prospects. However, if Nelson is there at 8 and you take him he solves a LOT of problems. You draft him, start him and watch him help the entire offense continue to get better.

He helps out the center a ton in his college tape. Hell, a lot of times he’s helping the LT.
And as long as he stays healthy you just plug him in and forget about it for 10-12 years.

Yeah, I generally subscribe to the theory that you can get guards later in the draft. But when you have an opportunity to select a generational prospect, you have to consider him regardless of perceived value where you are picking.
MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

wab wrote:
FaithInCutler wrote:I don’t like to make bold statements on draft prospects. However, if Nelson is there at 8 and you take him he solves a LOT of problems. You draft him, start him and watch him help the entire offense continue to get better.

Yeah, I generally subscribe to the theory that you can get guards later in the draft. But when you have an opportunity to select a generational prospect, you have to consider him regardless of perceived value where you are picking.
i'm kind of thinking that way as well. this dude is an absolute monster and being teamed up with Whitehair and Long in the middle, that could be very special. it has that old school "pittsburgh mauler/run over your face" feeling to it.