BLOG: I Hate Aaron Rodgers.

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

DaBearsGreenBay
Rookie

I'm rewatching the Packers blowout loss to the falcons this morning. Because thats what you do when you toddler wakes you up at 5 AM on a Sunday.

All I can contribute to this conversation is how great it makes me feel to watch Rodgers get hit so many times and so hard. ALL WITH NO FLAGS!!! It pisses me off to no end how many times the Packers get away with gifts, be it holding calls, intentional grounding, pass interference not called ect...

Such a rough season being one of two Bears fans at a company of 100+ Packer fans when your team goes 3-13. The smugness they have when they beat the giants at home...which we all we're expecting. But the last minute win against the Cowboys was a bitter pill to swallow the next day at work.

You can imagine how old it gets when a dozen people sneeringly ask you if you watched the packers advance to the NFC division game...

So to watch #12 get LIT UP, hit after hit, throw multiple interceptions, and ugly play after ugly play it feels pretty great.
Adipost
MVP

DaBearsGreenBay wrote:I'm rewatching the Packers blowout loss to the falcons this morning. Because thats what you do when you toddler wakes you up at 5 AM on a Sunday.

All I can contribute to this conversation is how great it makes me feel to watch Rodgers get hit so many times and so hard. ALL WITH NO FLAGS!!! It pisses me off to no end how many times the Packers get away with gifts, be it holding calls, intentional grounding, pass interference not called ect...

Such a rough season being one of two Bears fans at a company of 100+ Packer fans when your team goes 3-13. The smugness they have when they beat the giants at home...which we all we're expecting. But the last minute win against the Cowboys was a bitter pill to swallow the next day at work.

You can imagine how old it gets when a dozen people sneeringly ask you if you watched the packers advance to the NFC division game...

So to watch #12 get LIT UP, hit after hit, throw multiple interceptions, and ugly play after ugly play it feels pretty great.
docc
Head Coach

Admin edit: yeah, that's a bit much.
malk
Head Coach

Admin edit: I took care of it
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:Image

:thumbsup:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Great to see him get hit, but pissed that he continued to get up and play. A Bears QB would have been in ICU after some of those hits - Bears QB luck.
Rockbear99
Assistant Coach

I really believe it all goes in cycles. The Packers will come back to the us and we will rise up again. Us older fans had the privilege to see the Bears of the 80's and very early 90's destroy the Packers. They never had shit for QB's. (I did like Don Majkowski) It will be our turn again.

The only consistant thing is that the Minnesota Biqueens will always find a way to screw their season up in the end.

Detroit is well Detroit.
Mjiton
Rookie

The Pats continue to draft QBs even though they have TB
The Pack continue to draft QBs even though they have AR
No excuse for the Bears to stop swinging.

The Pats & Pack also have OLs that give their QBs even time to knit a sweater behind.
The Bears OLs have been horrid.

Fix that shit. You'll hate AR less if we beat his ass twice a year.
Just my 2 cents
ysleblanc
MVP

Mjiton wrote:The Pats continue to draft QBs even though they have TB
The Pack continue to draft QBs even though they have AR
No excuse for the Bears to stop swinging.

The Pats & Pack also have OLs that give their QBs even time to knit a sweater behind.
The Bears OLs have been horrid.

Fix that shit. You'll hate AR less if we beat his ass twice a year.

Pretty much sums it up.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

Until he retires I will hate him. After that I will have a chance of heart. I hope to be able to like him soon.
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
marlin
Practice Squad

marlin wrote:On a different forum six years ago, I was annoyed not only at Aaron Rottengers quick success, but also how quickly the ingrate Packers fans turned on Brett Favre, meanwhile the Bears couldn't develop a QB to save their lives. While seemingly everyone else was going on about how much success Aaron was going to have in Green Bay, I calmly pointed out that it's hard to get to the Super Bowl, much less win one, and that I wouldn't be surprised if he never gets to another Super Bowl. I don't think I got one reply, and you'd think I'd have gotten some backup being on a Bears forum and all. Anyway, here we are 6 years later, Aaron Rogers will be 34 by the time next years playoffs roll around and he hasn't so much as sniffed another Super Bowl. I guess I wasn't ready to crown his ass.
I hope this becomes a yearly tradition. Another year, another season without so much as a SB appearance with what's supposed to be the greatest (or 2nd greatest) QB in NFL history. I'll call it the curse of the Favre.
docc
Head Coach

And it's done....

Packers eliminated from playoff contention

Posted: Dec 18, 2017 10:03 PM

GREEN BAY, WI (WBAY)- For the first time since 2008, the Packers will begin their offseason at the conclusion of the regular season. The Atlanta Falcons eliminated the Packers from playoff contention Monday night with their 24-21 road win over Tampa Bay.

The Packers will finish the regular season with meaningless games against Minnesota this Saturday night at Lambeau Field, and on New Year’s Eve at Detroit. The Vikings are NFC North champs this year and still in the hunt for the number one seed in the NFC. The Lions are still alive in the Wild Card race.

This will be just the third time in Mike McCarthy’s 11 seasons as head coach that his team will not participate in the playoffs. “But the end of the day, these guys compete. It’s a privilege to coach them. They give you everything they’ve got,” the coach said on Monday.

The last time the Packers missed the playoffs, the 2008 season, McCarthy made major changes on his coaching staff. He replaced 5 defensive coaches, including his defensive coordinator Bob Sanders. Dom Capers took over in 2009, but there is plenty of speculation about his job security, which will only intensify now that the Packers are out of the playoffs.
Ormazd
MVP

The only joy I have gotten from football during the Bears' recent run of ineptitude has been schadenfreude when the Packers lose in the playoffs.

:flick:

docc wrote:And it's done....

GREEN BAY, WI (WBAY)- For the first time since 2008, the Packers will begin their offseason at the conclusion of the regular season. The Atlanta Falcons eliminated the Packers from playoff contention Monday night with their 24-21 road win over Tampa Bay.

The Packers will finish the regular season with meaningless games against Minnesota this Saturday night at Lambeau Field, and on New Year’s Eve at Detroit. The Vikings are NFC North champs this year and still in the hunt for the number one seed in the NFC. The Lions are still alive in the Wild Card race.

This will be just the third time in Mike McCarthy’s 11 seasons as head coach that his team will not participate in the playoffs. “But the end of the day, these guys compete. It’s a privilege to coach them. They give you everything they’ve got,” the coach said on Monday.

The last time the Packers missed the playoffs, the 2008 season, McCarthy made major changes on his coaching staff. He replaced 5 defensive coaches, including his defensive coordinator Bob Sanders. Dom Capers took over in 2009, but there is plenty of speculation about his job security, which will only intensify now that the Packers are out of the playoffs.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

docc wrote:And it's done....

Watching Rodgers THREE int's on Sunday, knowing they were going to end up missing the playoffs, made my Sunday.

Taking joy in the pain and suffering of others....is that bad?
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

It is not bad, but it is getting old for me. For a long time now, I get more enjoyment out of the Pack losing than the Bears winning. Why? Because I knew the Bears weren't going anywhere.

In the end, The Pack own the Bears anyway, so if the Bears can't beat them, it was always nice when someone else did. I want the Bears to be able to beat them though.
marlin
Practice Squad

marlin wrote:
marlin wrote:On a different forum six years ago, I was annoyed not only at Aaron Rottengers quick success, but also how quickly the ingrate Packers fans turned on Brett Favre, meanwhile the Bears couldn't develop a QB to save their lives. While seemingly everyone else was going on about how much success Aaron was going to have in Green Bay, I calmly pointed out that it's hard to get to the Super Bowl, much less win one, and that I wouldn't be surprised if he never gets to another Super Bowl. I don't think I got one reply, and you'd think I'd have gotten some backup being on a Bears forum and all. Anyway, here we are 6 years later, Aaron Rogers will be 34 by the time next years playoffs roll around and he hasn't so much as sniffed another Super Bowl. I guess I wasn't ready to crown his ass.
I hope this becomes a yearly tradition. Another year, another season without so much as a SB appearance with what's supposed to be the greatest (or 2nd greatest) QB in NFL history. I'll call it the curse of the Favre.
My original post was 2 years ago. Chances are getting better Rodgers will retire without even matching Favre's two super bowl appearances. Green Bay has fired their head coach and meanwhile, the Bears just won the division. :D
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

marlin wrote:
marlin wrote:
My original post was 2 years ago. Chances are getting better Rodgers will retire without even matching Favre's two super bowl appearances. Green Bay has fired their head coach and meanwhile, the Bears just won the division. :D
That franchise is fucked for a while. The "shareholders" are gonna need to figure out their shit. Have fun paying Rodgers all that money while he's perpetually injured with declining skills on a team going nowhere.
docc
Head Coach

docc
Head Coach

wab
Mod

There was nothing better than his bitch ass limping towards the sideline with his jersey all hanging off his pads.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:There was nothing better than his bitch ass limping towards the sideline with his jersey all hanging off his pads.
That sort of felt like a passing of the torch, didn't it? It was beautiful.
docc
Head Coach

Yes..it is a passing of the torched..
Puke got the burning embers shoved up deep..
5 sacks on old man Rodgers..36 next year..
Erin says he wants to play until 41 or so.. Days like today may change his mind..

With his salary absorbing all the light in GB..the talent around him is weak..

39 sacks this year..and some very good..hard hits like today..
His future passing the Vicodin from Farve..?
Last edited by docc on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

docc wrote:Yes..it is a passing of the torched..
Puke got the burning embers shoved up deep..
5 sacks on old man Rodgers..36 next year..
Erin says he wants to play until 41 or so.. Days like today may change his mind..
He has to play for the next five years against Hicks, Goldman, Mack and Floyd. Not sure he really wants to do that.
docc
Head Coach

10 years have gone behind..Every year is getting shorter. Never seem to find the time ... The time is gone, the song is over..
Puke wasted his career..
P. F.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

...no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Watched his post game interview, he is checked out for the year.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:...no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My favorite Pink Floyd song... going to play it loudly!

[video][/video]
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
docc
Head Coach

Nice ^^
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

KOP_Snake wrote:8-)

Now just change the jersey number from 94 to 73 and see if anybody gets the reference. Outstanding.