BLOG: Jimmy Garoppolo & The Quest For Truth

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

https://1985edition.com/2017/02/02/jimm ... for-truth/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read more at my blog page. Comments & criticism always welcome! Thank you in advance.
britbear
Player of the Month

Another good blog. Personally I don't think we should touch this guy with a barge pole. No way should the Bears mortgage the estate for Bradford/Osweiler-esque money (for that is what he'll demand in a year's time) PLUS big draft picks, when this guy has less than 2 games of film as a starter to show his suitors.

When Minny traded for Bradford they had as much film as they could need to make their decision. Ignore the fact that Garoppolo has worked under Brady. Heck, Osweiler worked under Manning and look how that translated when Houston mortgaged their own estate for him!

For me this is a no brainer. Ignore the sentimental crap about his EIU links to Pace and that he grew up a Bears fan. Dismiss it and move on. And draft our next QB, be that Watson, Trubisky or whoever.
Bleeding Navy and Orange!!! GO BEARS!!
wab
Mod

Good blog fam

!

I just wanted to do this

!!

One last time.
malk
Head Coach

wab wrote:Good blog fam

!

I just wanted to do this

!!

One last time.
You're killing me!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Good blog fam

!

I just wanted to do this

!!

One last time.
:rofl: first thing I read today
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Mjiton
Rookie

I am not much for Theory-crafting but...
Refusing to give up #3
Knowing they demand 1st & 4th
I know the Bears #36 is close to a 1st.
I know if you talk next years picks you have to offer higher than this years comparable.
Knowing the Bears are not likely to fall this far next year. So our picks would be lower.
Offer the #36 & next years 3rd (2nd if playing hardball)

That would be my play.
Resigning Hoyer
Then grabbing Trubisky at #3.

I like Jimmy G. but no way I pass a QB with the Bears first ever #3 pick. Since 1972.
Just my 2 cents
ysleblanc
MVP

Mjiton wrote:I am not much for Theory-crafting but...
Refusing to give up #3
Knowing they demand 1st & 4th
I know the Bears #36 is close to a 1st.
I know if you talk next years picks you have to offer higher than this years comparable.
Knowing the Bears are not likely to fall this far next year. So our picks would be lower.
Offer the #36 & next years 3rd (2nd if playing hardball)

That would be my play.
Resigning Hoyer
Then grabbing Trubisky at #3.

I like Jimmy G. but no way I pass a QB with the Bears first ever #3 pick. Since 1972.

They can demand 10 1st rounders if they want. They pretty much HAVE to move him, his value likely won't go up and they have Brissett at #3. If Cleveland is crazy enough to trade the #12 pick for JG, let them doing. I don't see JG as any kind of saviour.
jasfirstroundbust

Hoyer sucks. Let him walk
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

To be honest, I'm not as concerned with his ability to make plays as much as his ability to stay on the field.
His ability, in the right system, with the right playcaller, with the right supporting cast, and as long as he's protected, speaks for itself.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!