what would you prefer

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

bearsausage77
Rookie

a qb in the 10 - 15 range not top 10 but just outside it or an all pro player at another position

?

?
Middleguard
MVP

Do you mean, "Would I rather have Jay Cutler or Lance Briggs?" Cutler.
bearsausage77
Rookie

Middleguard wrote:Do you mean, "Would I rather have Jay Cutler or Lance Briggs?" Cutler.
no buddy

lance briggs is retired

more like cuntler or jj watt
wab
Mod

I'd rather....not have random threads.
dollamillionz
Rookie

Yo I'd go wit both ,,, bears have had that before I think they can again even with the cheap ass Mcklaskeys runnine things shitty.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I'd rather....not have random threads.
yeah, this is a bad thread.
bearsausage77
Rookie

its the off season

its a discussion
wab
Mod

I get that, but this could have been addressed in many of the threads in the War Room. This isn't ChiCity or KFFL guys. We try to keep the place clean and orderly.

I mean I'm letting it ride. Just in the future try and stick stuff like this in an applicable thread.
ROOSTRE
Rookie

Word.

I don't know where you get this whack math from there Tony Circeo, but that jive is more loaded than Taco on Taco Tuesday.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

The thing is, as I see it, there's ONE Top-10 QB. That's Deshaun Watson, and even still there's arguments. If you look at some of the teams picking, say 10-20, see Bills, Saints, Browns, Cards, Redskins. They could reach for a Mahomes, or a Kaaya, but that's just it. Any QB who could be taken outside the top-10, will probably last until the second round. Maybe third.
Funkster
MVP

RustyTrombone wrote:
I agree! The quality of content is beginning to slip. Let's keep this forum intelligent and about bears football!
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
dollamillionz
Rookie

Funkster wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:
I agree! The quality of content is beginning to slip. Let's keep this forum intelligent and about bears football!
Yo, Kirk Cousins seriously? You want Ryan Pace to sign Kirk muff huggin Cousins? He ain't winning no superbowls, why in God's green earth you want the bears to get Kirk MF Cousins? That's some shit gawddam hahahahaha! Kirk Cousins seriously?
ROOSTRE
Rookie

dollamillionz wrote:
Funkster wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:
Yo, Kirk Cousins seriously? You want Ryan Pace to sign Kirk muff huggin Cousins? He ain't winning no superbowls, why in God's green earth you want the bears to get Kirk MF Cousins? That's some shit gawddam hahahahaha! Kirk Cousins seriously?
LoL

Kirk Cousins is the white Teddy Bridgewater.

(amiritebro?!?)
bearsausage77
Rookie

kurt cousins is a nerd
bearsausage77
Rookie

Mod edit - just...no.
wab
Mod

Dude. Chill. This is getting rigoddamndiculous. We've been patient but I'm just gonna start banning people for being idiots.
Adipost
MVP

ROOSTRE wrote:
dollamillionz wrote:
Funkster wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:
LoL

Kirk Cousins is the white Teddy Bridgewater.

(amiritebro?!?)
Cousins actually throws the ball downfield.
Mjiton
Rookie

I like Trubisky over Watson. I'm not buying the hype.
Watson seems blind to underneath coverage. And I got the feel from watching Trubisky play he saw the field better than Watson.

Both throw jump balls. Both are mobile with Watson being the greater. Both lack Kaaya's accuracy. But Trubisky's tight throws seem more calculated than Watson's "trust in his receiver" mentality.

Regardless we go QB at #3. Play to win. But chances are we sit that QB behind Jimmy G. or Hoyer.
If the Bears got Jimmy G. and went BPA I'd be fine with that. I'd be less secure going BPA w/o Jimmy unless we grabbed Kaaya to sit.

Regardless of the talent of this class. The Bears have get a QB to groom. And with the Bears history I'd rather swing high and miss than to not swing and strike out all the same.

There always seems to be a non-QB talent of some sort available for the Bears to draft.
QB is just too important.
Just my 2 cents
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Cutler was never a "10-15, just outside the top 10" QB. He was in the 15-25 range. Stats said so and repeated surveys of league professionals said the same.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote:Cutler was never a "10-15, just outside the top 10" QB. He was in the 15-25 range. Stats said so and repeated surveys of league professionals said the same.

agreed

Cutler has the physical skill set to be better, but just isn't
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Mjiton
Rookie

Moriarty wrote:Cutler was never a "10-15, just outside the top 10" QB. He was in the 15-25 range. Stats said so and repeated surveys of league professionals said the same.
I used to tell Cutler haters. "He's 15-17 range Quarterback who can have games like a 13, & games like a 22.
He's a gunslinger. Don't expect anything else."

Watson is a gunslinger. He locks in on Williams. People who drop underneath the coverage pick him off because he's locked in. His highlight reels are his runs and slinging in downfield to Williams who has several steps on his coverage.
Just my 2 cents
G08
Hall of Famer

Mjiton wrote:
I used to tell Cutler haters. "He's 15-17 range Quarterback who can have games like a 13, & games like a 22.
He's a gunslinger. Don't expect anything else."

Watson is a gunslinger. He locks in on Williams. People who drop underneath the coverage pick him off because he's locked in. His highlight reels are his runs and slinging in downfield to Williams who has several steps on his coverage.
Man, you really need to watch more of him if you think he's a gunslinger and that his best plays are runs/bombs to Williams.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
malk
Head Coach

Anyone remember that year when Devin Hester was our number one receiver and our offensive line wasn't great. If only we had a top ten QB that year, we would have gone all the way!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:Anyone remember that year when Devin Hester was our number one receiver and our offensive line wasn't great. If only we had a top ten QB that year, we would have gone all the way!
For a while I thought just punt snaping him the ball and letting him "return" it from 10 yards deep might be better then what those offenses could muster.