Ranking The Top QB Options For Next Season

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Ugh, I'm rock hard. The skin has broken.
Adipost
MVP

Polian says that Belichick will be asking for Bears/Browns top pick for JG.
UOK
Site Admin

Adipost wrote:Polian says that Belichick will be asking for Bears/Browns top pick for JG.
This is typically how negotiations start.
G08
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:Polian says that Belichick will be asking for Bears/Browns top pick for JG.
Pace will proceed to fart into telephone and snicker.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
wab
Mod

I swear, if Pace gives the Patriots the 3rd overall pick for Jimmy fucking Garoppolo...I'm logging off and buying a Dak Prescott jersey.
Adipost
MVP

UOK wrote:
I think he asks for the top pick and keeps him if he doesn't get it. Not sure if he even wants to deal him, but he'd probably do it for a top 3 pick.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I swear, if Pace gives the Patriots the 3rd overall pick for Jimmy fucking Garoppolo...I'm logging off and buying a Dak Prescott jersey.
The Raiders have drafted prospects I fell in love with during the past few seasons, so I will have no problem giving these assholes the big F-U and focusing my time/energy on them.

Carr/Cooper/Mack/Joseph is arguably my favorite group of young'ns in the NFL.
Last edited by G08 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
UOK
Site Admin

Adipost wrote:
UOK wrote:
I think he asks for the top pick and keeps him if he doesn't get it. Not sure if he even wants to deal him, but he'd probably do it for a top 3 pick.
They are quite okay with Brissett, from what I understand. Trading JG now would give them maximum return, especially considering they're already working on a new deal with Brady and JG's in a contract year.

SOMEbody will give up a lot for JG, whether it's the Bears, Browns, or whomever. He'll get traded.
Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:I swear, if Pace gives the Patriots the 3rd overall pick for Jimmy fucking Garoppolo...I'm logging off and buying a Dak Prescott jersey.
The Raiders have drafted prospects I have fell in love with during the past few seasons, so I will have no giving these assholes the big F-U and focusing my time/energy on them.

Carr/Cooper/Mack/Joseph is arguably my favorite group of young'ns in the NFL.
Right after Pace finalizes the deal...

BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

I'd have to wait to find out where Mahomes ends up, but then I will don my #5 jersey and root for whichever team that is...
UOK
Site Admin

Or, more realistically, you'll all be back in front of your televisions in August waiting to see if Garoppolo fails, so you can shout, "Ha, I TOLD you so!" or alternatively laugh and say "Holy shit, this guy is actually good!" and act like you were never serious about hating the guy or the trade.
Adipost
MVP

UOK wrote:Or, more realistically, you'll all be back in front of your televisions in August waiting to see if Garoppolo fails, so you can shout, "Ha, I TOLD you so!" or alternatively laugh and say "Holy shit, this guy is actually good!" and act like you were never serious about hating the guy or the trade.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

The author himself says:
Okay, let’s shake this entire draft up early on Thursday night.

Now, Mahomes? That’s out there. Way, WAY out there
I think that sums it up pretty well.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:

And, if Angelo is in charge, countering by offering TWO 1sts comes next
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

It doesn't matter much to me anymore how. Right now I would rank them

1. Garoppolo
2. Trubisky
3. Mahomes
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote:
UOK wrote:

UOK
Site Admin

RustyTrombone wrote:
Moriarty wrote:
UOK wrote:

MRW I review Jerry Angelo's draft record:

Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:
I'd have to wait to find out where Mahomes ends up, but then I will don my #5 jersey and root for whichever team that is...
I hope you do understand that Mahomes will not be starting for ANY team next season.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
I hope you do understand that Mahomes will not be starting for ANY team next season.
I'm sorry, did I say he would be starting in this post somewhere? I said a team SHOULD let him start as soon as he feels confident in their offensive system, if it happens, cool, if it doesn't, cool... I'm not exactly sure why you felt the need to make sure I knew you believe that he won't be starting... but we also know what you think of Kizer, so I really don't hold your opinion very highly, so, thanks for that anyway, I guess...
Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
I'm sorry, did I say he would be starting in this post somewhere? I said a team SHOULD let him start as soon as he feels confident in their offensive system, if it happens, cool, if it doesn't, cool... I'm not exactly sure why you felt the need to make sure I knew you believe that he won't be starting... but we also know what you think of Kizer, so I really don't hold your opinion very highly, so, thanks for that anyway, I guess...
I was referring to your implication that you would root for whatever team drafted Mahomes next season.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
I was referring to your implication that you would root for whatever team drafted Mahomes next season.
Oh so what you're saying is I can't be a fan of his because you say he won't be starting next year, okay, noted.
Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Oh so what you're saying is I can't be a fan of his because you say he won't be starting next year, okay, noted.
Yes, it would be foolish to stop watching the Bears next season to root for whatever team Mahomes is on, when Mahomes will not even be playing.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Yes, it would be foolish to stop watching the Bears next season to root for whatever team Mahomes is on, when Mahomes will not even be playing.
....it was a joke from start to finish, you really think I'm going to stop being a fan over a player I don't like being brought to the team? If I wanted to really change teams because of a player, I wouldn't have waited until now to do it, I would have left after the Cade NcNown pick. I hated that pick worse than I could ever hate a draft pick/trade in my life but here I am, still a fan.

And on the other note, just because you say he won't start doesn't mean that every coach agrees with you... I'm sure there were guys on forums saying Derek Carr wouldn't be starting his first year, or that Dak Prescott wouldn't be starting... but we see what happened. I'm really not sure how you can be so sure of something without knowing all the variables, like which team drafts him and how camp and such wrangle out, but what am I talking about it's you and you know and see everything, right?
Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
....it was a joke from start to finish, you really think I'm going to stop being a fan over a player I don't like being brought to the team? If I wanted to really change teams because of a player, I wouldn't have waited until now to do it, I would have left after the Cade NcNown pick. I hated that pick worse than I could ever hate a draft pick/trade in my life but here I am, still a fan.

And on the other note, just because you say he won't start doesn't mean that every coach agrees with you... I'm sure there were guys on forums saying Derek Carr wouldn't be starting his first year, or that Dak Prescott wouldn't be starting... but we see what happened. I'm really not sure how you can be so sure of something without knowing all the variables, like which team drafts him and how camp and such wrangle out, but what am I talking about it's you and you know and see everything, right?
LOL. Cade McNown was pretty bad.
ysleblanc
MVP

Of all the QB options, the best upside I see from FB experts reports is Watson. High character, good tape and has a lot of CFB experience.

For me it becomes, are we better off with Watson versus Taylor plus #3 pick on D plus 2nd rounder on Mahomes/Kizer/Kaaya versus Garoppolo plus #3 pick on D. Trading back and drafting a Kizer/Trubisky mid 1st could also be an option.

This is all assuming they move on from Cutler. To me Romo should not be an option, if it is, you just keep cutler and draft a QB.
wab
Mod

I stop reading any list that has Kizer on it.
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote:I stop reading any list that has Kizer on it.
Basically this. If the Bears take Kizer I'm going to be beyond disappointed. I'd never stop being a fan, but I have no faith in him whatsoever to be worth a shit.
wab
Mod

UOK wrote:
wab wrote:I stop reading any list that has Kizer on it.
Basically this. If the Bears take Kizer I'm going to be beyond disappointed. I'd never stop being a fan, but I have no faith in him whatsoever to be worth a shit.
Especially on this team.
UOK
Site Admin

Pretty much. If you draft Kizer you're essentially declaring Fox will be fired and that you yourself may be up for review. It's a surrender pick.