Bears to sign QB Mike Glennon: 3 yr, $14.5M per

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

UOK wrote:Image
Is he officially Mike "Sloth Hand" Glennon now?
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Tupac draws on as well.
UOK
Site Admin

This is so depressing.

wab
Mod

UOK wrote:This is so depressing.

I keep reading stuff about him that makes me want to not hate him, but I still hate him.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:

I keep reading stuff about him that makes me want to not hate him, but I still hate him.
That's harsh man! I mean... I get it, you don't like the signing. I'm not the biggest fan either. But there's every indication that he's a good guy. Breathe in... Breathe out. :-P
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

G08 wrote:Glennon offers the gift of potential. We don't know how much -- if at all -- he has grown in the past 2 seasons when he hasn't been playing. Maybe he's gotten better moving in the pocket, throwing on the run, etc.

I like that he's been studying the NFL game for the past 2 years and preparing like he was still a starter. We'll see how it translates. I'm not holding my breath, though.
Well said.

I actually wanted him as a developmental guy for the bears back in 2013, but I was hoping to get him in the 4th or 5th round. Hopefully he has improved to the point where he can be a solid game manager going forward, which is better than we've had around here for awhile. That would also make his contract very reasonable.
Adipost
MVP

Holy shit!!! That looks awful.
Funkster
MVP

This poor guy has no chance around here!
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
wab
Mod

Funkster wrote:This poor guy has no chance around here!
He starts winning, people will come around. If he wins I'll take it all back like Mouth at the bottom of the wishing well.

Until then...he's garbage.
Bulldog Turner
Rookie

People are so negative. He's a good kid, and he wasn't terrible when he played. People act like he was a disaster, but as a rookie on a bad team he held his own! Then he got screwed by Lovie who doesn't exactly have a glowing track record in QB evaluation.

I personally think fans are going to be surprised by him, but I feel like there's nothing to be gained by being negative about him. At least give him a chance and maybe even support him as a fan base? At least he's not Cutler.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

docc wrote:May I be the first..
Mike Glennon smokes Virginia Slims
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

RustyTrombone wrote:
docc wrote:May I be the first..
Mike Glennon smokes Virginia Slims
I figured it would be a cigarillo or an old school pipe.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
He starts winning, people will come around. If he wins I'll take it all back like Mouth at the bottom of the wishing well.

Now that's the spirit! (I think.) :)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Hematite
Player of the Month

Mikefive wrote:
wab wrote:

Now that's the spirit! (I think.) :)
Goonies connection....Love it!
Middleguard
MVP

I know he has a giraffe's neck, still, it's amazing that he can be so tall since he has no feet. Think back on the statues you've known. How many, once they'd thrown 30 TD passes, still had no rushing TD? How many, once they'd passed for over 4000 yards, still had less than 100 yards rushing?
Nanky
Journeyman

Peyton Manning only ran for over 100 yards in a year 3 times. He also had 9 years with no rushing TD.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Middleguard wrote:I know he has a giraffe's neck, still, it's amazing that he can be so tall since he has no feet. Think back on the statues you've known. How many, once they'd thrown 30 TD passes, still had no rushing TD? How many, once they'd passed for over 4000 yards, still had less than 100 yards rushing?
Who really cares if he had rushing TDs, he has a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. He has weapons he will get the ball to and that's all that really matters because this isn't 1932 and we aren't running the wishbone.
Middleguard
MVP

Nanky wrote:Peyton Manning only ran for over 100 yards in a year 3 times. He also had 9 years with no rushing TD.
Thanks.

I believe Manning threw 30 TD passes before he scored one himself, and I believe he threw for 4000 yards before he gained 100 for himself.

But here's the really weird thing about this comparison (which is unfortunately the only one anyone will ever make):
PM averaged 29.94 TDs passing per TD rushing and 3997 yards per rushing TD. So, so very creepily close.
Middleguard
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:
Middleguard wrote:I know he has a giraffe's neck, still, it's amazing that he can be so tall since he has no feet. Think back on the statues you've known. How many, once they'd thrown 30 TD passes, still had no rushing TD? How many, once they'd passed for over 4000 yards, still had less than 100 yards rushing?
Who really cares if he had rushing TDs, he has a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. He has weapons he will get the ball to and that's all that really matters because this isn't 1932 and we aren't running the wishbone.
I do not think you are correct in dismissing mobility in today's NFL.
wab
Mod

Middleguard wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
I do not think you are correct in dismissing mobility in today's NFL.
He has mobility, but he's not ever going to break the pocket and run.
docc
Head Coach

He won't stick his neck out for a few yards..but he could if he held the ball high..

As long as he can move in the pocket and feel pressure and react correctly..
UOK
Site Admin

Adam Jahns @adamjahns
New #Bears WR Kendall Wright said that QB Mike Glennon has started a group text for plans to get throwing with WRs.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Adam Jahns @adamjahns
New #Bears WR Kendall Wright said that QB Mike Glennon has started a group text for plans to get throwing with WRs.

He's got that sweet sweet unlimited texting money now
Pagan
MVP

My goofy avatar in no way represents any disdain for the new QB.
Personally, I trust Pace enough to see this thing through a few more years= which its going to take.

Glennon might just turn out to be a pleasant surprise.
LacertineForest
MVP

RichH55 wrote:
UOK wrote:Adam Jahns @adamjahns

He's got that sweet sweet unlimited texting money now
lmao
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Middleguard
MVP

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Loggains, I noticed.
G08
Hall of Famer

I like that he wants to incorporate some of Dirk Koetter's offense into our system; that dude is a pretty bright X's and O's guy.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Middleguard
MVP

G08 wrote:I like that he wants to incorporate some of Dirk Koetter's offense into our system; that dude is a pretty bright X's and O's guy.
I'm pretty sure you meant Dirk Koetter is the dude that is a pretty bright X's and O's guy. Anybody have a clue as to Glennon's facility with hugs and kisses?