Bears to add Falcons OT Tom Compton

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Decent swing guy. I remember they were after him a couple years ago when Pace was first hired.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

wab wrote:Decent swing guy. I remember they were after him a couple years ago when Pace was first hired.
They will win for sure now, a South Dakota boy.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

WooHoo! My neighbor coached him in high school. Great kid.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
UOK
Site Admin

After talking to the 49ers, Lions and his former team, the Falcons, Tom Compton chose the Bears with one thing in mind.

“Just a chance to compete — that was kinda a big thing, coming out here,” the offensive tackle said Monday. “That’s all I really want, is just a chance to show I can play and hopefully bring some wins to the Bears.”

He hasn’t been told much about his role, which, at first, figures to be playing behind left tackle Charles Leno and right tackle Bobbie Massie. The latter received his roster bonus Saturday, a sign the Bears will rely on him this upcoming season.

“I dunno any specifics at this point,” Compton, a 2012 sixth-round pick, said. “I know they’ll try to plug me in wherever and see where I kinda fit in here. So I’m kinda excited to see what’ll happen there.”

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/seek ... bears/amp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
docc
Head Coach

[video][/video]
Now he has a chance to be a player..
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

He hasn’t been told much about his role, which, at first, figures to be playing behind left tackle Charles Leno and right tackle Bobbie Massie. The latter received his roster bonus Saturday, a sign the Bears will rely on him this upcoming season.
ment

I don't think the Bears are going to rely on Massie. They just didn't find a replacement and Massie is just in the mix with whoever else they bring in. I believe if they would have signed any OT, Massie would have been gone.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:
wab wrote:Decent swing guy. I remember they were after him a couple years ago when Pace was first hired.
They will win for sure now, a South Dakota boy.
A Coyote. Gross.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton