Ryan Pace's message to season ticket holders

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

“Hard work is underway but we are excited about the progress we have already made. Our goal from the start is to have a team that is built for sustainable success. To do that, we must be calculated in free agency and string together successful drafts. I just want to touch on several of our new additions and give you some insight in what we saw in each player.

“Let’s start with Mike Glennon at quarterback. This is a guy we have liked for a long time. From North Carolina State until now, this is a player we followed very closely. I had the benefit of being in the same division with him for a number of years. Really, Mike has got the prototypical size and arm strength. Beyond that, he is a quarterback that can quickly process things. He sees the entire field and he throws with accuracy. He’s been in the position to grow and learn in the NFL and I honestly believe we are getting this player at the perfect time. He’s got very leadership traits. He will be a player that will not only be powerful in our locker room but really in our entire community.

“We’ve also added some offensive skill players as well. Let’s start with Dion Sims. Dion Sims is a well-rounded Y tight end, kind of an in-line tight end. He’s a strong blocker, he’s a physical player but he is also a good receiver. He’s tall, he’s long, good catch radius. He’s a young player that I still feel is getting better.

“Markus Wheaton, another high-character guy. A lot of leadership traits. A type of guy that’s first in, last out every day in your building. He’s a speed guy. In 2015, he was top 10 in reception average. That’s an element we needed to add to our offense.

“Kendall Wright, former first-round pick, that really had his most productive seasons with Dowell Loggains. We’re really excited to have him reunite and try to get some of that electricity back in his game.

“We’ve also added some important pieces to our secondary. Let’s start with Quintin Demps. When I think of Quintin Demps, the thing that jumps out right away is ball skills. Six interceptions last year. That’s going to be a welcome sight to our secondary. Quintin has a veteran presence that is good for our younger players.

“Prince Amukamara. This is an experienced corner that is definitely bringing a level of consistency and professionalism to our entire defensive backfield. He’s been a steady and consistent player for a long time. We’re happy to have him.

“Marcus Cooper. I really believe we are getting Marcus Cooper at the right time. He’s a player that is ascending. Marcus didn’t play corner until his junior year at Rutgers. Very smart player, very heady player, very aware player and has natural ball skills.

“We still have avenues to improve our team. I challenge our football ops to identify players in the later stages of free agency and really that’s no different that the importance of finding players in the later portion of the draft. Speaking of the draft, we have a huge chip with the No. 3 overall selection, picking high in every single round. We’re going to take full advantage of the position that we’re in. We’re going to get better. We will improve. I appreciate you as loyal fans. We’re going to build this thing together.”
malk
Head Coach

I hope it plays out like that. I don't know where he gets prototypical size for Glennon though, Flacco is the only QB above 6'5" who has had success and he's pretty rubbish!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Ryan Pace : "blah blah, blah blah blah"

nice propaganda ... let's see if it translates into wins

malk wrote:I hope it plays out like that. I don't know where he gets prototypical size for Glennon though, Flacco is the only QB above 6'5" who has had success and he's pretty rubbish!

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
malk
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:Ryan Pace : "blah blah, blah blah blah"

nice propaganda ... let's see if it translates into wins

malk wrote:I hope it plays out like that. I don't know where he gets prototypical size for Glennon though, Flacco is the only QB above 6'5" who has had success and he's pretty rubbish!

I have prototypical QB size. For Pop Warner.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Pace = Charlie Brown's teacher (wa wa wa wa). I understand part of it, don't give out too much info, make all signings sound like you got the best at the position, but fans are not stupid.

Fans, give me a few more years of mediocre while the ticket prices continue to go up, the we HOPE to have a winner.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

This is one of those things where... What is Ryan Pace supposed to say? Do you expect him to say, "I know Mike Glennon is a crappy starting QB, so don't get your hopes up." ?? When you're 3-13, don't have good QB options available to you and the top players don't want to come here, all you can do is make things sound the best you can. He's in a no win situation.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
UOK
Site Admin

Mikefive wrote:This is one of those things where... What is Ryan Pace supposed to say? Do you expect him to say, "I know Mike Glennon is a crappy starting QB, so don't get your hopes up." ?? When you're 3-13, don't have good QB options available to you and the top players don't want to come here, all you can do is make things sound the best you can. He's in a no win situation.
Right. He's just trying to provide a more personal touch to STH's. It's a cost-effective and likely ineffective move to convince people Pace is sticking around and they shouldn't cancel their season tickets.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:This is one of those things where... What is Ryan Pace supposed to say? Do you expect him to say, "I know Mike Glennon is a crappy starting QB, so don't get your hopes up." ?? When you're 3-13, don't have good QB options available to you and the top players don't want to come here, all you can do is make things sound the best you can. He's in a no win situation.

the entire American business and political culture is based on propaganda and bullshit ... so Pace following that script is no surprise

it is up to those hearing it to determine if they want to accept it as delivered, drink the Kool Aid and jump head first into a delusional happy land or to maintain their own views and cynicism
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:

the entire American business and political culture is based on propaganda and bullshit ... so Pace following that script is no surprise

it is up to those hearing it to determine if they want to accept it as delivered, drink the Kool Aid and jump head first into a delusional happy land or to maintain their own views and cynicism
I agree with a lot of what you said here. So what would you say to Bear fans if you were Ryan Pace?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
UOK
Site Admin

If I'm Ryan Pace, I tell season ticket holders about Leonard Floyd, Cody Whitehair, and Jordan Howard. I don't even talk about free agents - I talk about the future.
Bears_40
Player of the Month

I'm just hoping the team isn't in a no wins situation.

I stand alone.