Cameron Meredith

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

USSGlennon
Rookie

Curious why there isn't more on here about the young guy who led the Bears in receiving last season. Seems to be a guy on the way up. Good size and explosiveness; what's not to like?
G08
Hall of Famer

Hands and overall inexperience playing the position.

Like the kid though, hope he takes another step this season.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
UOK
Site Admin

I'm in "wait and see" mode with Cam. I like him a lot more as a complimentary weapon than your primary target, but who's to say he couldn't have a respectable career?
malk
Head Coach

Did well considering the QB merry go round. Seems to fit with what Loggains is after, decent catch %, good route runner (best double move in the league last year), what's not to like.

I agree you hope he isn't the number one but Pace is still hoping White can be that guy.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I just went back and watched the game against Jax because that was his game with the most targets, and wow was that painful. I'm not excited about Glennon but holy shit I'm glad it won't be Hoyer right now. It was painful watching his unwillingness to push the ball down the field.

Anyway

Jax played alot of zone and off man concepts so I never saw him beat a jam. He looked bad in screen passes but ok RAC in the open field. Ran OK routes as far as I can tell but never anything that blew me away. Basically he was able to get the yards that were created by scheme and a little more with RAC. Won the ball on the one of the two contested targets with the other incompletions being essentially throwaways.
xyt in the discord chats
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

hey, some weirdo made a cameron meredith highlight vid for 2016.
[video][/video]

regular game footage, so you dont see much of his route running or anything, but still something positive! 888 yards, 4td's. bernard berrian's best season was 964/7 and i was furious when we let him go. lol me.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

a couple catches in this highlight package that werent in the other one. a few better views of him running routes/coming off the line. if you're bored!
[video][/video]
USSGlennon
Rookie

RustyTrombone wrote:a couple catches in this highlight package that werent in the other one. a few better views of him running routes/coming off the line. if you're bored!
[video][/video]
Thanks! What jumps out at me is his long arms which he stretches out to secure the ball. Routes look crisp. Doesn't just stop and leap for the ball; he accelerates quick once he's got the ball. And another point; he looks strong in the lower body; broke a few tackles. I think he's got a future.