Audio: Ryan Pace and John Fox at Owners' Meeting

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

http://wgnradio.com/2017/03/29/hoge-and ... n-arizona/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Comes via the Hoge and Jahns Podcast (solid listen)

John Fox - "It's a deep draft in many areas of our needs"
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:John Fox - "It's a deep draft in many areas of our needs"

not hard since you need almost everything

the real question is, are the needs he is referring to the same as the needs we think? Magic 8 Ball says

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

John Fox sees a Bears team in “striking distance”
John Fox expressed optimism in December. He’s expressing it still.

Near the end of last season, the Bears coach said his club was “closer than people think” and in “striking distance.” He dug himself deeper into that position Wednesday, again telling reporters he believes the Bears are in “striking distance.”

He cited the amount of roster turnover since he and GM Ryan Pace arrived in 2015.

“Going back to a lot of the changes, we’ve had a lot of change,” Fox said, via CSN Chicago. “I think we’re better for it. Unfortunately, you can’t walk around with your chest out about that because of our record the last two years. But I have total confidence, and (Pace) has done an outstanding job and will continue to.

“I understand you have to win. And I finally feel like we’re in striking distance.”

Fox is entering the third season of a four-year contract.

The Bears have proven to be a project. He owns a 9-23 record compared to a 46-18 ledger across his four regular seasons in Denver.

“I would have thought that we would have done better to this point,” Fox said, via the Chicago Tribune. “But I kind of still feel really positive and encouraged for where we’re headed. I just saw it happening a little bit faster.”

striking distance of what? yet another Butt Fumble?

I sincerely hope he and Pace have a better draft plan than their free agency agenda
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

I've stopped caring about anything Pace and Fox have to say to the media. They're so dishonest and deliberately misleading at times with their responses that it doesn't MEAN anything when they talk. It's all noise.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears chairman believes Kyle Long can be face of franchise
Without Jay Cutler on the roster, the Chicago Bears seemingly have no "face of the franchise."

When asked at the NFL owner's meetings on Wednesday, Bears chairman George McCaskey pinpointed who can take over that role from Cutler.

"I think leaders emerge," he said, via Rich Campbell of the Chicago Tribune. "Kyle Long has the capability, just to name one. But we need players that the fans can rally behind, and with John [Fox] and Ryan [Pace] I think we're going to do that."
news flash Mr. Pace - even with Cutler here most fans looked at Kyle Long as being the face of the franchise (I know I did) simply because he was a major positive contributor with an attitude that translated well into on field effort and results

so your job is to not fuck up his situation in any way
George Carlin
wab
Mod

Wait... you mean it isn't this guy?