Bears 2017 Schedule Released.

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Middleguard
MVP

All the Bears have to do is lose their first 10 games, then they can fire Fox as the worst head coach in Bears' history.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Weird how we get that tough a schedule being worst in division
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Really excited about being 0-3 and facing the Packers on 3 day s rest.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

wab wrote:Jesus. The Bears might not win a game until December.
At that point, probably better to tank it for a chance at the 1st pick.
Never Die Easy
britbear
Player of the Month

Hematite wrote:Looks like we are on the fast track to arguing over who the bears should draft at 3 next year. Gonna be a long season!
Come on, let's give the Browns and 49ers some credit. One of them has to improve on last year! That'll be the Niners, cos the Browns are the Browns. So it's pick #2 for the Bears then! :D :frustrated:
Bleeding Navy and Orange!!! GO BEARS!!
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Hematite wrote:Looks like we are on the fast track to arguing over who the bears should draft at 3 next year. Gonna be a long season!
95% of the time, I'm the guy saying we're going to win 9, 10 or 11 games. But 3-5 wins looks about right this time around. Ugh. :frustrated:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
wab
Mod

Sept 10 Falcons - Loss
Sept 17 at Bucs - Win
Sept 24 Steelers - Loss
Sept 28 at Packers - Loss
Oct. 9 Vikings - Loss
Oct. 15 at Ravens - Loss
Oct. 22 Panthers - Loss
Oct. 29 at Saints - Win
Nov. 5 bye
Nov. 12 Packers - Loss
Nov. 19 Lions - Loss
Nov. 26 at Eagles - Loss
Dec. 3 49ers - Win
Dec. 10 at Bengals - Loss
Dec. 16 at Lions - Loss
Dec. 24 Browns - Loss
Dec. 31 at Vikings - Win (because it'll fuck up the draft position)

So...I could see the Bears winning as few as 2 games and as many as 5.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

bearsfaninaz wrote:Weird how we get that tough a schedule being worst in division
look at it the same way as Division 1 College Ball ... the big name teams always schedule Little Sisters of the Poor as a tune up game before they actually have to play someone who can compete ... and the NCAA allows this

so it would seem the NFL also has this, perhaps unofficially, where top teams get scheduled breathers ... that's where the Bears now fit in ... the NFL's Little Sisters of the Poor

and they even get a prime time game or 2 to be a very public sacrificial lamb
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

I can see only two games I consider definite Ws - 49ers and Browns.
This is a bye bye John Fox season unless miracles abound. Which I don't mind honestly, I've never been huge on Foxy. But I would like to keep Pace.

On the other hand, if Glennon sucks we will in good drafting position for next years better QB class.
CRM 114
Journeyman

2-14 with wins against New England and San Diego.
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

CRM 114 wrote:2-14 with wins against New England and San Diego.
We don't play either team - whose schedule did you look at?
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

Middleguard wrote:All the Bears have to do is lose their first 10 games, then they can fire Fox as the worst head coach in Bears' history.
I'm guessing you missed the Gibron era? :)
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

staleystarch wrote:
Middleguard wrote:All the Bears have to do is lose their first 10 games, then they can fire Fox as the worst head coach in Bears' history.

or the Neil Armstrong era, when the chant was they sent the wrong one to the moon?
George Carlin
wab
Mod

VA_Mountain_Bear wrote:
CRM 114 wrote:2-14 with wins against New England and San Diego.
We don't play either team - whose schedule did you look at?
No kidding. Are you even trying anymore?
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Bears will go into December with one, maybe two wins. Beat San Francisco and Cleveland and screw themselves out of the Sam Darnold sweepstakes.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

bearsfaninaz wrote:Weird how we get that tough a schedule being worst in division
14 of the 16 opponents are decided based on the rotation. The Bears and Packers are playing 14 common opponents. The only difference is the Bears play the 49ers and the Eagles while the Packers play the Seahawks and Cowboys.

It's already known in 2018 the Bears will play their six divisional games along with hosting the LA Rams, Seattle, New England and NY Jets while playing at Arizona, San Fran, Buffalo and Miami. The only thing that is yet to be determined is who the Bears will play from the NFC South and NFC East (because the Bears play every team from the NFC West) to fill out the schedule. Those two games will be based on division finish in 2017. If the Bears finish last in the NFC North, they'll play the last place teams from the East and South.
Middleguard
MVP

Boris13c wrote:
staleystarch wrote:

or the Neil Armstrong era, when the chant was they sent the wrong one to the moon?
I was there for them both. Gibron, at 11-30-1 (27.38%) is Fox' competition. Armstrong at 30-34 (46.88%) isn't even close.

I did make a mistake in my math, though (decimal point). Fox is currently at 9-23 (28.13%). All he has to do is lose his first game (not 10) this year to sink to 9-24 (27.27%) the worst in Bears' history.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

Middleguard wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
staleystarch wrote:

I was there for them both. Gibron, at 11-30-1 (27.38%) is Fox' competition. Armstrong at 30-34 (46.88%) isn't even close.

I did make a mistake in my math, though (decimal point). Fox is currently at 9-23 (28.13%). All he has to do is lose his first game (not 10) this year to sink to 9-24 (27.27%) the worst in Bears' history.
After looking at the percentages laid out, I was curious and checked the record of another infamous Bears head coach, namely Jim Dooley who came in at 20–36 (.357) making Fox worse than him. Anything can happen, but I don't see the Bears winning their opener. To be fair, I would wait to see what Fox's record is after he has coached 42 games. At this time, he is a strong contender to unseat Abe.
Magnum_Ursus
Player of the Month

Looks like the Bears are playing lottery for the #1 QB next year

On the other hand, if for some reason the bears are winning, it'll be something to take notice of.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

If they can find their QB of the future in this draft, they can focus on other areas of need in next year's draft with their high pick.
Never Die Easy
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Magnum_Ursus wrote:Looks like the Bears are playing lottery for the #1 QB next year

no ... they will win just enough to prevent that from happening :(
George Carlin
wab
Mod

DaSuperfan wrote:If they can find their QB of the future in this draft, they can focus on other areas of need in next year's draft with their high pick.
Yeah, but who says the new staff next year will want the one this staff drafted?
Funkster
MVP

wab wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:If they can find their QB of the future in this draft, they can focus on other areas of need in next year's draft with their high pick.
Yeah, but who says the new staff next year will want the one this staff drafted?
Fucking sad you guys are already talking about next season :flick:
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

Magnum_Ursus wrote:Looks like the Bears are playing lottery for the #1 QB next year

On the other hand, if for some reason the bears are winning, it'll be something to take notice of.
Also known as the Sam Darnold sweepstakes.
wab
Mod

Funkster wrote:
wab wrote:
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Funkster wrote:
wab wrote:
Hell, I'm already focused on 2019. That's when the Bears will start competing again, at the earliest.
Richie
MVP

Otis Day wrote:Can't figure how this team gets primetime games.
Really not hard to figure out man...

Primetime is about marketability. The Bears have one of the biggest followings in the NFL.
Richie
MVP

RustyTrombone wrote:Lol, every year the schedule gets released and every year this is the reaction. One of these years we'll get the Browns 8 times, don't worry.
Thank you... Vikings and Lions could very well be sub .500 teams. Every year, there's teams we think are going to be tough, and they have injuries or under-perform. On the same token, every year there's a game or two we think should be a W, and winds up being a tough team.

For all we know, the Falcons will suffer the good ole "Super Bowl hangover" and not even be any good. Which is probably the toughest game on our schedule. Who says Big Ben isn't hurt when we play Pittsburgh?

People are so knee jerk reactionary... silly.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:Lol, every year the schedule gets released and every year this is the reaction. One of these years we'll get the Browns 8 times, don't worry.
Thank you... Vikings and Lions could very well be sub .500 teams. Every year, there's teams we think are going to be tough, and they have injuries or under-perform. On the same token, every year there's a game or two we think should be a W, and winds up being a tough team.

For all we know, the Falcons will suffer the good ole "Super Bowl hangover" and not even be any good. Which is probably the toughest game on our schedule. Who says Big Ben isn't hurt when we play Pittsburgh?

People are so knee jerk reactionary... silly.
i would have dug up THE EXACT SAME POSTS from last year, except... the bears rewarded my optimism with three wins.

sooooo...

but i did think that a good forum contest would be to design a schedule that you think the bears could emerge from over .500, because i generally dont know what that would look like.
wab
Mod

RustyTrombone wrote:but i did think that a good forum contest would be to design a schedule that you think the bears could emerge from over .500, because i generally dont know what that would look like.
If the Bears played the Bears every week?