Bears over/under.... 5 wins

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Pace gets the benefit of hiring at least one more coach. Word is that ownership absolutely loves him.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Pace gets the benefit of hiring at least one more coach. Word is that ownership absolutely loves him.
Plus I think George finally has realized you need stability from the top-on-down. You can't be flipping GMs every few years unless you want to be Cleveland.

Pace is building something, we can all see that. Final piece, IMO, will be the next head coach who will be tied to Mitch Trubisky. (Pete Carmichael, Jr.... you heard it here first).
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Funkster
MVP

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:Pace gets the benefit of hiring at least one more coach. Word is that ownership absolutely loves him.
Plus I think George finally has realized you need stability from the top-on-down. You can't be flipping GMs every few years unless you want to be Cleveland.

Pace is building something, we can all see that. Final piece, IMO, will be the next head coach who will be tied to Mitch Trubisky. (Pete Carmichael, Jr.... you heard it here first).
We're finally agreeing on a few things lately.. :D

Carmichael huh? Interesting...I could see that. What do you think Fangio does in that scenario?
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
G08
Hall of Famer

Funkster wrote:
G08 wrote:

We're finally agreeing on a few things lately.. :D

Carmichael huh? Interesting...I could see that. What do you think Fangio does in that scenario?
I know, it's freaking me out :wink: :lol:

Carmichael just makes sense... Payton understudy, Brees speaks highly of him, he's called plays for some of the Saints' most explosive offenses (scoring and yards), and he's got that Saints connection that Pace loves.

I think Pace kind of sees it like:

Carmichael Jr = Payton (Payton got the Saints job at age 43, Carmichael Jr is currently 45)

Trubisky = Brees (accurate QB, although Trubisky is a much better athlete)

Shaheen = Graham (Shaheen is slower but he's a huge mismatch in the passing game like Graham was)

Howard = Ingram (Powerful runners, won't take it the distance but will average about 4.4 a pop)

Cohen = Sproles (Small, shifty 'joker' backs that will be mismatches in the passing game)

I don't know what would happen to Fangio... I pray he would stay and get full reign to run this defense as he sees fit, but he might want to leave for 'greener pastures'.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
beardownbilly
Journeyman

I would like to see Fangio given a chance to be HC if they do fire Fox, however, I do fear he is heading back to San Francisco (or at least California) as soon as his contract runs out.

Isn't his girlfriend from/living there?
G08
Hall of Famer

beardownbilly wrote:I would like to see Fangio given a chance to be HC if they do fire Fox, however, I do fear he is heading back to San Francisco (or at least California) as soon as his contract runs out.

Isn't his girlfriend from/living there?
Last I recall hearing about, yeah. Nice call!

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:

so you think that george realizes they need stability, so they're planning on replacing the coaching staff.

you guys are crazy.
Pagan
MVP

Over.

Absolutely Over 5 wins.

It would take a 3rd consecutive record breaking Injury Year for this to realistically be an under IMO.

As far as the upcoming schedule (Difficulty)=
They can be fun to talk about but are Very rarely accurate.

I'll guess the Bears finish 8-8.

* Maybe we need an "Over /Under IR" post
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:

Yep. I'd have to agree with this. I think Fox was forced on Pace as a stabilizing presence for his first few years.

I hope George has realized that. Seems to be working for the Cubs and Hawks.

I'll take the under. I'm saying they'll double SI's expectations and vault to a lofty four win season.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:
G08 wrote:

so you think that george realizes they need stability, so they're planning on replacing the coaching staff.

you guys are crazy.

twisted, circular or reverse logic is the order of the off season
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Hematite
Player of the Month

Boris13c wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:
G08 wrote:

you guys are crazy.

twisted, circular or reverse logic is the order of the off season
I agree. My feeling is Fox has the same confidence of fulfilling his contract as Pace does. They seem really high on Loggains as OC and also to groom Trubisky. Fox has 2 years left on his contract I believe and I don't see any coaches leaving unless it's from promotions.
SC Bear
Journeyman

For what it is worth, yesterday ESPN Insider predicted the Bears would finish 3rd in the NFC North (a head of Minnesota) with a record of 7-9(6.8 mean wins). Since I pay for this shit it must be so.