One thing you can certainly say about Trubisky...

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Urblock
Practice Squad

Better be hell of a QB for Pace to pick a Packer Backer.
G08
Hall of Famer

Urblock wrote:Better be hell of a QB for Pace to pick a Packer Backer.
Right?? I mean, how do we know he's not going to try to lose on purpose so his Packers can win???
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
docc
Head Coach

I don't care if he sucks Satan's dick and swallows..

Just win baby..
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

He has footwork and eye work that could be shaped into elite for both. not that his entire game will be, but those two aspects of him are excellent. He also seems to be a humble kid and a very studious worker at his craft.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:...is that he's a really, REALLY good guy. I've been scouring the net for dirt on him and can't find ANYTHING. I found a couple complimentary videos on him which I posted in the Trubisky thread in the War Room. This guy is as squeaky clean as it gets.

- Sat for 3 years at NC without transferring or any evidence of complaint.
- Looked to me like when his name was called on draft day, he didn't hug his girlfriend or his posse. He hugged his mom.
- He's all "yes sir" and "no sir" in interviews.
- Drives a beat up old car, not something slipped to him by a well off NC alum.

Now does any of that mean he can play NFL football? Of course not, although it won't hurt him any to be a good person. Indications are that he's a hard worker with a great attitude.

Really REALLY easy guy to cheer for. :headbang: :D
i'm right there with you dude, and taking it a step further, i cant even tell you how weirdly happy that we have a GM who puts a high value on character. i know that doesnt necessarily translate to wins (and of fucking course i want to win), but most gm's are all "we place a premium on character" and then they draft joe mixon or jameis winston or frank clark or any number of turds out there.

and so we're watching a bunch of kids give themselves CTE, develop crippling addictions to opiates, and then get discarded the moment they arent the best option available, and we also gotta deal with "oh yeah, and my qb is a rapist and my linebacker stabbed a dude?" fuck that shit.

i like ryan pace alot.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:i cant even tell you how weirdly happy that we have a GM who puts a high value on character. i know that doesnt necessarily translate to wins (and of fucking course i want to win), but most gm's are all "we place a premium on character" and then they draft joe mixon or jameis winston or frank clark or any number of turds out there

they keep using that word ... Inigo Montoya could help them out

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin