Amukamara tweaks showing early progress

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bears/story/17 ... -amukamara" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the second day of free agency this off-season, the Chicago Bears signed CB Prince Amukamara, a player head coach John Fox has been studying for years.

"I [scouted] him coming out [of Nebraska] and I've always liked Prince," Fox said today. "You get to know guys, he's had some players that I've coached with him. He's sticky. I call it sticky, he sticks on guys, he's got good explosion, good foot quickness. He understands the game, he's played a lot, we've been lacking there a little bit as far as experience as NFL DBs."

The Bears invested a one-year contract in Amukamara and instantly began tweaking his technique and fundamentals.
"He's got a great skill set and I think he's been a little bit inconsistent in his career production with interceptions and we're trying to get that back. We're working very hard, I think [defensive backs coach] Ed Donatell and [assistant defensive backs coach] Roy Anderson are doing a great job with that. As well as himself working those areas, as far as getting his hands on balls in a scenario as a secondary in general we need a lot of work there."

---

read the rest at the link