Bears Mum On Kevin White’s Status

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

The biggest bust in Bears history was on the sidelines today as the Bears started OTAs.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/05/23/ ... rn-injury/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

RING4CHI wrote:The biggest bust in Bears history was on the sidelines today as the Bears started OTAs.
ok, White is certainly as useless as toe shoes to an amputee, but is he really the worst bust?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:
RING4CHI wrote:The biggest bust in Bears history was on the sidelines today as the Bears started OTAs.
ok, White is certainly as useless as toe shoes to an amputee, but is he really the worst bust?
Until he does something productive, like find the end zone, even guys like Curtis Enis and Cade McNown have a leg up on him.
G08
Hall of Famer

RING4CHI wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
Until he does something productive, like find the end zone, even guys like Curtis Enis and Cade McNown have a leg up on him.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Laugh, so bearsy. I feel bad for the kid because he seems like a genuinely good dude. The situation doesn't mean anything at this point, but it might add another check minus to any hoped.
WagonForce
MVP

I know that Fox is not going to give anything away, for whatever his reasons may be, so it shouldn't mean anything one way or another that he's not addressing the questions around White's rehab progress. For all we know, White will be back on the field this Thursday. Then again, for all we know, White had his leg amputated and is done for his career.
Nanky
Journeyman

My best guess is a rest day. I'm good with letting him ease back into full time work. At this point, I'm not worried because I'm not counting on him to be there in the regular season. I'm praying he can stay healthy and be a stud for this offense, but putting any faith into him being healthy doesn't make sense to me.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

Wasn't Fox just last week saying that White was fully recovered? Now it's "he's coming off surgery like 6 or 7 others".
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Too many people were all excited over this waste of a pick...and the guy I wanted to Atlanta.

White broke his leg running/exercising and hasn't done anything of note yet.
Beasley took a tremendous hit in TC that turned almost every head, got up and went back to work. He started slow his rookie year but last year was a productive asset rushing from the outside.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

RING4CHI wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
Poor Michael Haynes. Nobody remembers him.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

Here is a post OTA statement
[video][/video]
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

staleystarch wrote:Wasn't Fox just last week saying that White was fully recovered? Now it's "he's coming off surgery like 6 or 7 others".
Yeah, this is crazy shit.

Remember when the Bears were saying they were hopeful White could come off IR for the last few weeks of 2016?
Remember when the Bears were saying they never really thought White could come off IR for the last few weeks of 2016?

Now, here it is - May 2017 - and he's still not considered fully recovered.

You couldn't invent stuff this nutty if you tried.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm hoping it's just because it was wet outside... but I really am over anything Kevin White at this point.

If he catches 1 ball for 6 yards I'll consider it a hell of a season for him.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Mike Glennon's comment makes it seem White injured himself somehow in Monday's practice. It's not that they're holding White out of OTA's and his leg hasn't fully healed yet. What that new injury is an unknown, my guess it's a soft tissue muscle injury forcing him out.

Here's what Glennon said:

"He's a great guy. He works his butt off. And he made some really good plays (Monday) that got me excited. He's really eager to learn. I know he's eager to get back out on that field."
Never Die Easy
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

DaSuperfan wrote:Mike Glennon's comment makes it seem White injured himself somehow in Monday's practice. It's not that they're holding White out of OTA's and his leg hasn't fully healed yet. What that new injury is an unknown, my guess it's a soft tissue muscle injury forcing him out.

"He's a great guy. He works his butt off. And he made some really good plays (Monday) that got me excited. He's really eager to learn. I know he's eager to get back out on that field."
yeah it's going to turn out he has a minor hammy tweak but it's too late, we're already christopher walken in deer hunter.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:Mike Glennon's comment makes it seem White injured himself somehow in Monday's practice. It's not that they're holding White out of OTA's and his leg hasn't fully healed yet. What that new injury is an unknown, my guess it's a soft tissue muscle injury forcing him out.

yeah it's going to turn out he has a minor hammy tweak but it's too late, we're already christopher walken in deer hunter.
Ding! Ding! Ding!

I just hope he's drinking plenty of milk. Every. Single. Day.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Rockbear99
Assistant Coach

Can we make HGH legal just for him. LOL
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

DaSuperfan wrote:Mike Glennon's comment makes it seem White injured himself somehow in Monday's practice.

perhaps the Bears need an ob/gyn on staff for these type of recurring unexplained events with this particular individual?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

Nah I'd never give up on him, that's not in my nature, I just hated him during the draft process and hated it more that we selected him.

Still, I'd love nothing more than for Kevin White to shut me up and become the Bears' all-time leading WR before his career is over.

RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Nah I'd never give up on him, that's not in my nature, I just hated him during the draft process and hated it more that we selected him.

Still, I'd love nothing more than for Kevin White to shut me up and become the Bears' all-time leading WR before his career is over.
Oh God, yes. Please Kevin, make me look the fool for calling you the biggest bust in Bears history.

I'm just not going to get my hopes up that it will actually happen after what we've seen (or haven't seen) the past two years.
G08
Hall of Famer

RING4CHI wrote:
G08 wrote:Nah I'd never give up on him, that's not in my nature, I just hated him during the draft process and hated it more that we selected him.

Oh God, yes. Please Kevin, make me look the fool for calling you the biggest bust in Bears history.

I'm just not going to get my hopes up that it will actually happen after what we've seen (or haven't seen) the past two years.
Oh I'm not either... but hey, it would be wonderful crow to eat.

wab
Mod

Eh, I think I'm in the minority when it comes to a GM's first draft. I rarely expect anything out of them and kind of consider them throwaway drafts. If they hit on some picks, great, if not...whatever.

New GM's have generally scouted these players prior to taking the job, or are counting on the previous regimes scouting/player personnel dept (who are almost always retained until after the draft so as not to tip any other teams off on the players they are interested in). They also are bringing in players without getting a real feel for the roster and how these guys are going to fit. I put a lot more stock in the 2nd and 3rd drafts.

They had to take someone, ideally I think they would have preferred Cooper, but he was gone.
Hematite
Player of the Month

wab wrote:Eh, I think I'm in the minority when it comes to a GM's first draft. I rarely expect anything out of them and kind of consider them throwaway drafts. If they hit on some picks, great, if not...whatever.

New GM's have generally scouted these players prior to taking the job, or are counting on the previous regimes scouting/player personnel dept (who are almost always retained until after the draft so as not to tip any other teams off on the players they are interested in). They also are bringing in players without getting a real feel for the roster and how these guys are going to fit. I put a lot more stock in the 2nd and 3rd drafts.

They had to take someone, ideally I think they would have preferred Cooper, but he was gone.
Couldn't agree more! It's unfortunate that White has been a no-show. If the kid can stay healthy I really believe he has the "want to" to become an elite WR. Please, Baby Jesus, let this be the year he stays healthy and becomes the man!!
G08
Hall of Famer

swampybearfan wrote:

You wouldn't give up on Kevin white who has been injured for two years but you've already given up on the season before it starts and are hoping for losses? Sounds like your nature might be confused :).
Super Bowl or bust, Holmes. I don't see Super Bowl with Glennon under center.

G08
Hall of Famer

One of the greatest defenses of all time, sure.

chiMAGA34
Rookie

G08 wrote:One of the greatest defenses of all time, sure.
With a healthy McPhee, Floyd, Trevathan with another year in Fangio's system, a healthy Fuller, Hicks back at it...this is a top 17 defense maybe even a top 10
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

chiMAGA34 wrote:
With a healthy McPhee, Floyd, Trevathan with another year in Fangio's system, a healthy Fuller, Hicks back at it...this is a top 17 defense maybe even a top 10
That's a lot of ifs just to get into the top half of the league.
chiMAGA34
Rookie

RING4CHI wrote:
chiMAGA34 wrote:
It has to start somewhere....let me guess you are hoping the Bears lose to get a better draft pick
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

chiMAGA34 wrote:
RING4CHI wrote:
chiMAGA34 wrote:
It has to start somewhere....let me guess you are hoping the Bears lose to get a better draft pick
Yup. I've said that multiple times. :roll:
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The big thing about White in my mind is... He's had 2 broken legs. It's not like guys just have recurring broken bones. Recurring knees? Sure. Backs? Oh yeah. Hammys? Yup. Concussions? Definitely. But broken legs are very unusual injuries. Not bones though. I'm in no way convinced (yet, anyway) that 2 bones and a hammy constitute "injury prone". Just don't buy it. That opinion could change. But we're not there yet.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.