30 Day Challenge: Earliest Chicago Bears Memory

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Feel like it was a Bears/Lions game where Cade McNown was the starter. I remember watching the game with my uncle at my grandparents house and the broadcasters were reviewing/criticizing McNown's shitty footwork that led to a bad play.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

UOK wrote:Feel like it was a Bears/Lions game where Cade McNown was the starter. I remember watching the game with my uncle at my grandparents house and the broadcasters were reviewing/criticizing McNown's shitty footwork that led to a bad play.
What a wasted draft pick. :sick:
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

really, no one else had the super bowl shuffle as their first real bear's memory? i was five and the kids on my street had to learn it for our block party. i was the fridge. i was extremely skinny, this doesnt make sense in retrospect.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Superbowl shuffle definitely mine or that season in general. But the memory that sucks it the most to me is a game against the Packers and Majkowski(sp) QB for Packers was across the line on a TD pass that wasn't called at the time. It's when I really started hating the Packers as a rival and the home town refs they always seem to get.
ramentaschen
Assistant Coach

Of all things I remember asking my parents for a St. Louis Cardinals jacket I saw while we were shopping at JC Penney in, I wanna say 1975?...1976??? I thought their logo with the red-haired bird on it was cool and the jacket had white sleeves. At this time I would casually watch some of the Sunday NFL football games on tv, then go out and play catch football with the neighborhood kids.

So, I think I was a Cardinals fan first because of the red/white color scheme of their uniforms and logo until I saw that famous Bears vs Vikings "flu" game where Walter ran for over 275 yards.

After seeing that I was a Bears fan.
G08
Hall of Famer

I remember being 6 or 7 years old and my family would always take us to our Gurdwara when we were kids. Once services were over my mom/dad/sister would be socializing so I would grab the car keys from my mom's purse and sprint out to the car and turn the Bears game on and just wait and listen until they were done. Hooked at an early age apparently :lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Earliest memory I have was when I was 6 years old and I was at a Chuck E. Cheese in Chicago with my Mom in 1985. I remember seeing on the TV that the Bears beat the Cowboys 44-0.

I remember being really happy and seeing everyone around me cheering. After that game, I remember the agony of losing to the Dolphins on MNF - my Dad was so upset. He was living in NY at the time for school and he flew in that weekend just so he could watch the Bears game. The only game he got to see live, they had to lose.
Never Die Easy
G08
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:really, no one else had the super bowl shuffle as their first real bear's memory? i was five and the kids on my street had to learn it for our block party. i was the fridge. i was extremely skinny, this doesnt make sense in retrospect.
I was 2 or 3 so I don't remember anything but I'm told I was dancing by the TV when it was playing :lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:really, no one else had the super bowl shuffle as their first real bear's memory? i was five and the kids on my street had to learn it for our block party. i was the fridge. i was extremely skinny, this doesnt make sense in retrospect.

Fortunately or unfortunately, however you want to look at it, some of us were in our 20s or maybe older at that time. we had been thru the dreaded late 60s, early 70s with this team.