For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Well someone did some shit.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Kyle Long sent to locker room after fighting with multiple teammates
BOURBONNAIS, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears sent left guard Kyle Long back to the locker room early Monday after he was involved in multiple skirmishes with both offensive and defensive players.

"There's a certain standard we have and it's something we weren't very pleased with," Bears coach John Fox said. "I haven't had a chance to visit with him yet, but it's something that we'll handle it internally."

Long got into it with teammates in team and individual drills before the Bears instructed him to leave. Monday's practice -- Chicago's final one in Bourbonnais -- was closed to the public but open to the media and select season-ticket holders.

Fox didn't want to speculate about Long's motives behind the outbursts.

"I really can't answer that at this point, I'm sure obviously there was some frustration, again that's not how we operate," Fox said. "I didn't really see everything, just know that there was a disturbance and we don't need that. That's why he left the field."
they don't identify the "multiple teammates", but it seems like Kyle wasn't playing any favorites in who he tussled with
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:Kyle Long sent to locker room after fighting with multiple teammates
BOURBONNAIS, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears sent left guard Kyle Long back to the locker room early Monday after he was involved in multiple skirmishes with both offensive and defensive players.

"There's a certain standard we have and it's something we weren't very pleased with," Bears coach John Fox said. "I haven't had a chance to visit with him yet, but it's something that we'll handle it internally."

Long got into it with teammates in team and individual drills before the Bears instructed him to leave. Monday's practice -- Chicago's final one in Bourbonnais -- was closed to the public but open to the media and select season-ticket holders.

Fox didn't want to speculate about Long's motives behind the outbursts.

"I really can't answer that at this point, I'm sure obviously there was some frustration, again that's not how we operate," Fox said. "I didn't really see everything, just know that there was a disturbance and we don't need that. That's why he left the field."
they don't identify the "multiple teammates", but it seems like Kyle wasn't playing any favorites in who he tussled with
I think he's getting frustrated with his health issues. He is SUPER competitive, and probably does not like the idea of still being hampered by a shoulder or ankle.
G08
Hall of Famer

I'd have to think he's just fucking annoyed with getting dicked around from RG to RT to LG, even though he was a Pro Bowler as a rookie RG.

He said his technique feels off, so I'm sure that has to be annoying him.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

G08 wrote:I'd have to think he's just fucking annoyed with getting dicked around from RG to RT to LG, even though he was a Pro Bowler as a rookie RG.

Well fixing a interior line that was not broken by switching guys is a brilliant move. It is especially smart when one of those moved is trying to get there stuff back together after an injury.
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

staleystarch wrote:
G08 wrote:I'd have to think he's just fucking annoyed with getting dicked around from RG to RT to LG, even though he was a Pro Bowler as a rookie RG.

Well fixing a interior line that was not broken by switching guys is a brilliant move. It is especially smart when one of those moved is trying to get there stuff back together after an injury.
agreed ... while I think Kyle is capable of handling wherever they choose to put him, constantly dicking around with where he is going to be is not very smart
George Carlin
wab
Mod

Guys, they moved Long to protect his shoulder. That's it.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Guys, they moved Long to protect his shoulder. That's it.

I'm curious if Kyle, or his medical team, had any input into that
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Guys, they moved Long to protect his shoulder. That's it.
For sure, and the whole "if you're left handed play on the left side of the line" angle, but still it has to stuck for the kid.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
UOK
Site Admin

Camp is closed for the year.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Mark this in the who gives a fuck category. It was a camp fight, they happen. Not everything has some super secret conspiracy theory ulterior motive behind it.
DaBears70
Practice Squad

C.LeBlanc with the OBJ one hander.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;