bearsfaninaz wrote:Meredith
White
Wheaton
Wright
Gentry
Bellamy

I could see that being our 6 WRs with Braverman on PS
No Cruz?
Crap I forgot about Cruz. I knew there was one. I'd take Cruz over Wright then. This all depends on Wheaton's recovery if they don't add him to pup
G08
Hall of Famer

I really liked Wright coming out of Baylor... damn soft spots always seem to cloud my judgement a bit.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

I like him too. But I think his history with Loggains only goes so far. That being said, I think it's a long shot that Gentry would make it over him. I think the last spot comes down to Bellamy and Gentry.

I'd give Gentry the nod, obviously. But I'm just some jamoke on a message board.
G08
Hall of Famer

Foxy loves him some Bellamy... I hate to think he's got a roster spot saved for him, but...

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Bad Flanders
MVP

I can't tell if Gentry is for real or if he's just the guy who looks good in camp this year. Everything about him screams this years camp guy BUT it FEELS like he's something more... Am I just drinking the camp koolaid? I try not to do that.
G08
Hall of Famer

He's making plays for sure, but IMO he's still got a ton of work to do (he said he needs to get better and getting proper depth on his routes, etc, which takes time). If he's on the 53 he'll be inactive is my guess.

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:I really liked Wright coming out of Baylor... damn soft spots always seem to cloud my judgement a bit.
I love me some soft hands took. Oh you mean the foosball catching.

I liked Wright also, and think he could be a good 3 maybe 2. In college his routes where not sharp, and knowing he "freelance" i wonder which is which.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Do we think that Gentry can make the team? Maybe start him on ST? Watching some of his highlight film, he's got really nice hands and some good speed.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Do we think that Gentry can make the team? Maybe start him on ST? Watching some of his highlight film, he's got really nice hands and some good speed.
I want him to, but I think he's running 8th right now. Plus I haven't seen him on ST where Bellamy and Thompson will be making their marks. Will be difficult. Though if we PS him I don't know if he'll stay on it.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Wheaton hurt, Randle on IR.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:Wheaton hurt, Randle on IR.
Wasn't that Wheaton's thing. That he could never stay healthy? I would rather have Gentry than Randle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Wasn't that Wheaton's thing. That he could never stay healthy? I would rather have Gentry than Randle.

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player ... eaton/6713" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

looks like a broken pinkie finger prior, and a torn labrum/ac joint thing
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player ... eaton/6713" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

looks like a broken pinkie finger prior, and a torn labrum/ac joint thing
That's a cool website. Never seen that before. Thanks.
Bad Flanders
MVP

Look up Kevin White on that site...

"White had missed his whole rookie season in 2015 due to shin splints and then in the following season was placed on IR after fracturing his fibula in the 4th week of the season. No WR over the passed 20 years, who has received fewer than 20 receptions in his first two NFL seasons, has ever become a success. White could be another player to land into this category with only 4 receptions in his first 2 years in the league."

Ouch! I've been skeptical of the kid but I had higher hopes than that!
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Splitting hairs here, but Kevin White had 19 receptions last year, not 4.

It's reasonable to look at WHY White had so few receptions. Based on that answer, I have a lot more hope than that site suggests.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Through the first 4 games, White's 19 receptions were most for any Bears WR starting their 1st 4 games. Take that for whatever it's worth. I will reserve judgement on White until he's strung together at least 10 regular season games.
Never Die Easy