Maybe Trubisky just ain't that good.

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

PapaDongo
Practice Squad

People want to blame Fox and Loggains and playcalling but maybe they don't want him passing because, well, he ain't that good a passer.

I thought this guy was supposed to be accurate but only half of his passes are accurate. So inconsistent.

At least he didn't turn it over, and only took one sack intentionally from what I saw. But at some point you have to find a guy instead of getting trophys for throwing the ball away or dirting it.

He is getting outplayed by backups, not a good look for a project that the GM trades up for.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

He's a rookie. If you expect him to be playing like a Hall of Famer in his fifth career start, you're fucking stupid.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

god damnit dongo
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

Where did anyone say HoF? I just want to see a guy who can win a game. If you have to put words in someone's mouth then you know I'm right.
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

"maybe they don't want him passing because, well, he ain't that good a passer."

If that's the case they might want to start passing more to save their own jobs under the guise of "we just don't have the players yet" or "too many injuries this year"

But as it stands they only have themselves to blame for calling the most predictable games possible.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Rookie QBs rarely win. Jesus Christ, this isn't fucking hard. He's 2-3 as a starter. Not 0-5.
UOK
Site Admin

He had statistically the best game of his short career in a loss today.

If you're looking to be pissed off at Trubisky after the Packer loss, you chose wrong. Try again.
botfly10
Player of the Month

The accuracy problems are terrifying.

Oh, and being scared to throw to open WRs. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck
Last edited by botfly10 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

I must of missed the part where he won those 2 games. I mean don't get me wrong, he didn't hurt in those two games so that's a good sign for a guy who can start in this league but let's be honest, if you have a choice of him, Case Keenum, or Hundely, to go out and win the game, who do you pick?
Funkster
MVP

Just stop, Trubisky has shown some rookie mistakes but he also is 100% being handcuffed by piss poor coaching and play calling, period. The poor kid doesn't have a chance and his mechanics are regressing because of it, resulting in inaccurate throws. Boo to you, BOO BOO BOO!
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

botfly10 wrote:The accuracy problems are terrifying.

Oh, and being scared to throw to open WRs. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

Yeah when he does throw an accurate pass sometimes it comes out way too hot. Receivers don't wear baseball mitts...
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

Funkster wrote:Just stop, Trubisky has shown some rookie mistakes but he also is 100% being handcuffed by piss poor coaching and play calling, period. The poor kid doesn't have a chance and his mechanics are regressing because of it, resulting in inaccurate throws. Boo to you, BOO BOO BOO!
these excuses don't make sense to me at least, how does the playcall impact mechanics? Mechanics are on the player not the coaches choice of run or pass.
botfly10
Player of the Month

Funkster wrote:Just stop, Trubisky has shown some rookie mistakes but he also is 100% being handcuffed by piss poor coaching and play calling, period. The poor kid doesn't have a chance and his mechanics are regressing because of it, resulting in inaccurate throws. Boo to you, BOO BOO BOO!
I think you are right about coaching, but still. Not sure how you can see those misses and not start to get scared.
botfly10
Player of the Month

I bet you they practice only throwing on 3rd down too
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

PapaDongo wrote:I must of missed the part where he won those 2 games. I mean don't get me wrong, he didn't hurt in those two games so that's a good sign for a guy who can start in this league but let's be honest, if you have a choice of him, Case Keenum, or Hundely, to go out and win the game, who do you pick?
Trubisky. Hands down.

Hundley hasn't done shit until he faced a pathetic Bears team.

Keenum is producing because he actually has multiple weapons around him.
BR0D1E86
MVP

RING4CHI wrote:
PapaDongo wrote:I must of missed the part where he won those 2 games. I mean don't get me wrong, he didn't hurt in those two games so that's a good sign for a guy who can start in this league but let's be honest, if you have a choice of him, Case Keenum, or Hundely, to go out and win the game, who do you pick?
Trubisky. Hands down.

Hundley hasn't done shit until he faced a pathetic Bears team.

Keenum is producing because he actually has multiple weapons around him.
Hundley would definitely be last for me. I might go with Keenum for now just because he's experienced. But you give Trubisky the receivers Keenum or Hundley has, not to mention the competent play calling...
G08
Hall of Famer

Mitch just said on the 5 sacks that some of them were him "protecting the football".

That's awesome, coach the aggressiveness and playmaking out of him.

I fucking hate this team.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

G08 wrote:Mitch just said on the 5 sacks that some of them were him "protecting the football".

I posted about that in another thread and some guy went crazy. Taking sacks to protect the ball is for cucks.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

PapaDongo wrote:
G08 wrote:Mitch just said on the 5 sacks that some of them were him "protecting the football".

I posted about that in another thread and some guy went crazy. Taking sacks to protect the ball is for cucks.
Please. If he threw INTs on those plays instead of taking sacks, that's what your Trubisky hate thread would be about.
botfly10
Player of the Month

fuck everything

Fuck Pace for letting Fox waste this season cause he is trying to protect his job instead of develop the rookie
botfly10
Player of the Month

RING4CHI wrote:
PapaDongo wrote:

Please. If he threw INTs on those plays instead of taking sacks, that's what your Trubisky hate thread would be about.
Cause that is the only choice right? Throw a pic of take a sack? You sound like Fox.
BR0D1E86
MVP

RING4CHI wrote:
PapaDongo wrote:

He had chances to throw the ball away on some of those. He was doing that to start the year, as the year progressed and Foxy's "coaching" has sunk in, he's taken more and more sacks.

I know he missed a couple throws today, but overall he was ok. And that was with his day 1 top 3 receivers out, his #1 and #2 tight ends out, and his new #1 receiver being a guy who came in with 2 catches that they got a week and a half ago for a 7th round pick with a third rate jackass for a coach that apparently gets physically ill at the thought of a play action pass or a slant.
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

RING4CHI wrote:
PapaDongo wrote:

I'm not hating on anyone, just being objective. It isn't about love/hate and it's not about sacks/interceptions. If Trubisky thinks taking sacks is a good thing because you at least don't give up the ball, we need a coach to do better with him. I can't believe people have such low expectations for a 2nd pick overall that they are arguing about sacks being better than interceptions.

How about some touchdowns? How about throwing beyond the LOS on third down?
docc
Head Coach

Worst rookie QB debuts
15. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
Image via isportsweb.com

Date: 9/13/2009
Opponent: New Orleans Saints
Stats: 16-for-37, 205 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT

The Detroit Lions didn’t really have a choice but to start No. 1 overall pick Matthew Stafford, given that his main competition for the gig was a washed up Daunte Culpepper. Becoming the first Lions rookie quarterback to start a season opener since 1968, Stafford did not have his finest performance throwing the ball as the hapless Lions got off to a losing start following their 0-16 debacle the previous year. Stafford has been solid since then, though, even getting the team to the playoffs in 2011

Highest paid QB in league NOW
docc
Head Coach

14. Troy Aikman, Dallas Cowboys
Image via realcelebrityencounters.com

Date: 9/10/1989
Opponent: New Orleans Saints
Stats: 17-for-35, 180 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT

No. 1 picks always come with huge expectations, and that is especially true when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys. Troy Aikman had a lot of pressure on him heading into his first career start, and the former UCLA Bruin did not respond especially well. The 1989 season was an unequivocal disaster for all parties involved, as Aikman lost all 11 games in which he started and the Cowboys finished 1-15 for the worst single-season record in franchise history. It didn’t take long for things to turn around for both Aikman and the team, however; they went 7-9 in 1990, reached the playoffs at 11-5 in 1991, and then won three of four Super Bowls from 1992 through 1995.
docc
Head Coach

13. Bert Jones, Baltimore Colts
Image via rankopedia.com

Date: 9/16/1973
Opponent: Cleveland Browns
Stats: 6-for-22, 56 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Bert Jones was drafted at No. 2 overall by the Baltimore Colts with an express purpose in mind: replace Hall of Famer and living legend Johnny Unitas. Yikes. Jones clearly was feeling the weight of those expectations during his first game, as he struggled badly against the Browns and set an ominous tone for the post-Unitas era in Baltimore. He turned things around pretty quickly, winning the AFC East three years in a row from 1975 through 1977 (and capturing NFL MVP honors in 1976) before a shoulder injury limited his playing time and effectiveness for the rest of his career.
docc
Head Coach

Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers
Image via sportsthenandnow.com

Date: 9/20/1970
Opponent: Houston Oilers
Stats: 4-for-16, 70 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT

For a Hall of Famer with four Super Bowl rings and an MVP trophy to his credit, Terry Bradshaw got off to a pretty terrible start. The No. 1 overall pick was tabbed to start for the Pittsburgh Steelers, a natural decision given their horrific 1-13 finish the previous season. Bradshaw’s futility extended well past the first game, and he finished the season with six touchdowns and a whopping 24 interceptions on just 218 pass attempts. As you know, however, things got better from there.
docc
Head Coach

Might want to judge Trubisky at LEAST after his first offseason..

Dam this is stupid...
Watching the game 60 YEARS..
Many other good/great QBS had way more experience and better support but struggled WAY WORSE than Trubisky..

Think
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

PapaDongo wrote:

you said he is intentionally taking sacks and I sad that was bullshit ... still say it is bullshit

intentionally taking a sack would be dropping back and simply taking a knee ... holding on to the ball under a pass rush and getting sacked is not the same as intentionally taking a sack
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

Boris13c wrote:
PapaDongo wrote:

you said he is intentionally taking sacks and I sad that was bullshit ... still say it is bullshit

intentionally taking a sack would be dropping back and simply taking a knee ... holding on to the ball under a pass rush and getting sacked is not the same as intentionally taking a sack
Nope