Here's the best reasonably possible scenario for these Bears

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Trubisky's not ready. So he rides the pine. The D is good and keeps us in most games. But Fox plays it conservative, hoping to win games at the end just like vs. Atlanta. But that won't happen very much. We win 2-3 games out of our first 12-13. Then they throw the Biscuit out there in the soft part of the schedule once he has a better handle on the offense. With the D's help, he wins us a couple games at the end and we win 4-5 games. So we end up with another top 5-8 pick in the draft. But with Trubisky showing that he provides a spark to turn things around, FAs will be more inclined to come here and 2018 will be an exciting time as Trubisky grows.

That's a good plan, boys and girls.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Generally speaking, I agree.

Although I don't think they'll be able to resist Fan Meatball Fury that long if they are 2-9ish.
Nor do I think they'll be that bad.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Adipost
MVP

Starting Glennon for 13 games is the best possible reasonable scenario???

karhu
Head Coach

That sounds about right, though I agree with Mori: we're not 4-win bad. But I'll bet that Pace was prepared all along to endure that kind of 2017 as one last season in the muck before the redshirts arrive. Heck, a top 5-8 pick in this year's draft would've gotten us Corey Davis or Mike Williams; imagine the offense with Trubisky starting, Shaheen and Morgan contributing, Cohen doing his thing, and a rookie WR like Davis.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Best case, Glennon gets benched at halftime this game. Trubisky brings the Bears back to win, Then leads the Bears to the playoffs. He shows that he is worth the trade up in the draft. The Bears become the team to beat.
karhu
Head Coach

46Blitz wrote:Best case, Glennon gets benched at halftime this game. Trubisky brings the Bears back to win, Then leads the Bears to the playoffs. He shows that he is worth the trade up in the draft. The Bears become the team to beat.
Then every team in the league forfeits to us and we get to rest until the Super Bowl. And Al's opens its first joint in the Caribbean a block from my house. Y'know, as long as we're shootin' the moon.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
UOK
Site Admin

As I've said in other threads, most likely non-injury case for Trubisky supplanting Glennon is Bears/Packers wk 9 after the bye.

Only other way Trubisky plays via coach's decision is if Glennon throws 4 picks in a half or something similar.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

karhu wrote:That sounds about right, though I agree with Mori: we're not 4-win bad. But I'll bet that Pace was prepared all along to endure that kind of 2017 as one last season in the muck before the redshirts arrive.
Yep.
I don't know if the protection extends to Fox or not, but there's no way Pace makes the kind of moves he's made in 2017 if he didn't have high up reassurance that his job wasn't hanging in the balance based on 2017.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
malk
Head Coach

Experience for Trubisky is more important than pretty much anything right now. Much less than half a season and I'll be very disappointed. Our line, running backs and defence will give him chances to win games, that's invaluable.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

If Trubisky isn't ready, he shouldn't have been drafted as high as he was.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:As I've said in other threads, most likely non-injury case for Trubisky supplanting Glennon is Bears/Packers wk 9 after the bye.

Only other way Trubisky plays via coach's decision is if Glennon throws 4 picks in a half or something similar.

agreed I simply don't see the Bears giving the quick hook to Glennon even if the situation screams for it

I've got the Bears at 3-6 after game 9, with Trubisky getting the start in game 10
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
docc
Head Coach

UOK wrote:As I've said in other threads, most likely non-injury case for Trubisky supplanting Glennon is Bears/Packers wk 9 after the bye.

Uh..The Neck did
Two picks and a Fumble..