Game Thoughts:

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

46Blitz wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
46Blitz wrote:
Gaytoe wrote:Was at the game, fans were livid that Trubisky wasn't put in the half. Glennon is awful and I don't know if I'm going to even bother watching the games until he is benched and I haven't missed a game/preseason game in 6 or so years.

The players looked checked out early in the 3rd, just waiting for it to end.
Exactly, and if you put the kid in don't you think the team would have had a boost? If anything, he gets some experience. I don't see any reason not to play him for the last few series at least. You can still go back to shitty ass Glennon if their hearts desire the next game. Eh, whatever...
I am for switching to Trubisky. But realize that IF you make that switch, and Biscuits struggles, you can't switch back with out completely looking like a laughing stock.
And what are we now....?
That's a very valid point...
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

:puke: I wish we had a NFL quarterback with starting experience, other that Glennon, I mean :puke:
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
Adipost
MVP

With Glennon under center, single high safety defense is a given. No need to blitz because Glennon crumbles at the first sight of any pressure. This offense is beyond awful. Glennon is going to have to change his entire mindset for next week and start stretching the field. LOL good luck wif dat.
Adipost
MVP

bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Adipost wrote:Image

Yeah I saw that right away. Though I originally thought was triple coverage not quadruple ugh
Wounded Bear
MVP

Moriarty wrote: • Even with a subpar passing game, I don’t want to see another minute of that conservative playcalling shit. It’s week 2 and we’re already looking at 1 ypc and defenders jumping short routes. Throw it, throw it, throw it. If it hits them in the face and bounces away, fine. But you have to try, because this is what the alternative looks like.
This. No guts/no glory, call an aggressive game. I'd much rather go down swinging instead of standing at the plate and hoping for a walk. And that's exactly what we do.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

For those saying it's too early to be thinking about the NFL draft, all I can say is we can legit go 0-11 before we face the 49ers on 12/3. Look at the schedule and tell me the Bears can win any of the games in the next 9 weeks:

Sun, Sep 24 vs Steelers
Thu, Sep 28 @ Packers
Mon, Oct 9 vs Vikings
Sun, Oct 15 @ Ravens
Sun, Oct 22 vs Panthers
Sun, Oct 29 @ Saints
Sun, Nov 12 vs Packers
Sun, Nov 19 vs Lions
Sun, Nov 26 @ Eagles
Sun, Dec 3 vs 49ers
Sun, Dec 10 @ Bengals
Sat, Dec 16 @ Lions
Sun, Dec 24 vs Browns
Sun, Dec 31 @ Vikings

Even with Trubisky starting in any of those games, I don't see how this team that played today can win unless they face a team more pitiful than themselves.

Listen, I didn't think the Bears were making the playoffs this year anyways - I predicted 6 wins (at best). This TB game was one of the games I thought we'd win. I hate to say it but when you're a Bears fan, it's never too early to be scouting some talent during the season for the upcoming draft.
Never Die Easy
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Game Thoughts
I should be getting some deer soon from my usual hunting friend ... that is my favorite game I think ... and this is an easy and very tasty recipe :

Venison Pot Roast with Vegetables Recipe

I use olive oil instead of canola oil, and I add jalapenos with the onions
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

DaSuperfan wrote:For those saying it's too early to be thinking about the NFL draft, all I can say is we can legit go 0-11 before we face the 49ers on 12/3.

I will be at that game. Got tix dirt cheap and they are probably cheaper now. Can't lose $ so will have to go. Only reason for going, youngest made me feel guilty by saying he is the only in the family who had not been to Soldier Field yet. I was a sucker and picked this game for the price and hoped it could be a win. It will be a struggle.
GSH
MVP

Even if the bears ' play to win now' and put Mitch in under centre, they are still not going to win. No depth, shitty play calling. Im firmly now on the 'Fire Fox' bandwagon after being stoked on the day we brought him in.

Needs some innovative coaching here and its a different league these days.
PlumBear
Rookie

Innovative coaching......Chicago Bears. Does that really go together? Totally foreign concept.
docc
Head Coach

Every Picture tells a story..
Wounded Bear
MVP

PlumBear wrote:Innovative coaching......Chicago Bears. Does that really go together? Totally foreign concept.
Sure it does. BTW, you must come over for my waffles in syrup topped with sardines in mustard sauce dish.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

docc wrote:Image
Every Picture tells a story..
I think this picture will be indicative of Glennon's whole career in Chicago. All four games of it.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:
Game Thoughts
I should be getting some deer soon from my usual hunting friend ... that is my favorite game I think ... and this is an easy and very tasty recipe :

That definitely looks like a more productive use of a Sunday than watching the Bears...but I have to warn you, I'm stabbing someone with a meat fork if they try and put jalepenos in with good meat.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Moriarty wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
Game Thoughts

That definitely looks like a more productive use of a Sunday than watching the Bears...but I have to warn you, I'm stabbing someone with a meat fork if they try and put jalepenos in with good meat.
may I suggest fresh-picked wild mushrooms - morels - in lieu of jalapenos
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS