Game Thoughts:

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

• What a trainwreck. Did not expect anything that awful. That looked like year 1 of a rebuild, not year 3. I may have to eat my words about not seeing a 2-9 start.

• Even with a subpar passing game, I don’t want to see another minute of that conservative playcalling shit. It’s week 2 and we’re already looking at 1 ypc and defenders jumping short routes. Throw it, throw it, throw it. If it hits them in the face and bounces away, fine. But you have to try, because this is what the alternative looks like.

• WTF is going on with the injuries? Last year was unprecedented and it’s not stopping. Top 3 receivers currently out, 2 of your best 3 OL and 4 OL total, 2 of your top 3 ILBs, top CB, 2 HBs, and misc others. The entire training staff must go this year. It’s impossible for this to be pure luck, something has to be to blame, and you’ve got to try something.

• I’m not sure they can resist trying to push Glennon under the bus and buy themselves some time by putting Trubs in. But at the same time, this kind of depleted roster shitshow is really not where you want a raw rookie jumping in.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

I'm really blaming the injuries on our training staff. It's been this way for years now it seems.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Or....

You just need someone to believe in.

The team needs someone to believe in.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Game thoughts???

We suck.
Glennon is awful.
Our receivers can't catch.
Our defense is gassed by the 3Q every game.
I am certain that Jordan Howard is playing hurt.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

46Blitz wrote:Or....

You just need someone to believe in.

The team needs someone to believe in.
Why not?

[video][/video]

Cher's probably just as durable as anyone on this team.

Gaytoe
Journeyman

Was at the game, fans were livid that Trubisky wasn't put in the half. Glennon is awful and I don't know if I'm going to even bother watching the games until he is benched and I haven't missed a game/preseason game in 6 or so years.

The players looked checked out early in the 3rd, just waiting for it to end.
wab
Mod

Fire errybody
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

bearsfaninaz wrote:I'm really blaming the injuries on our training staff. It's been this way for years now it seems.
Screw injury excuses.

New England lost quite a few guys over the last few seasons. This year they have more going down. They still are doing it. Outside Brady and Gronk, they don't have any "superstars" and people come out of the woodwork, step up and get the job done. I place it solely on the staff. It's not just bad luck every single time.

When you play the game not to loose bad, you don't have a chance. If your scared to put your QB in a position to screw up, then get him the heck out of there and put someone in who can. Period. And if your gameplanning is dumpoffs and short hits, don't worry about getting fired, just fking quit.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Fire errybody
I'm saying fire Fox. Make Dowell the HC for the rest of the season, and put Biscuits under center.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

I'm not justifying the game at all. I'm blaming the medical team on reoccurring injuries every year. They see not going something right at all. Nutrition, injury prevention, stretching hell idk but clearly they are not doing their jobs
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Gaytoe wrote:Was at the game, fans were livid that Trubisky wasn't put in the half. Glennon is awful and I don't know if I'm going to even bother watching the games until he is benched and I haven't missed a game/preseason game in 6 or so years.

Exactly, and if you put the kid in don't you think the team would have had a boost? If anything, he gets some experience. I don't see any reason not to play him for the last few series at least. You can still go back to shitty ass Glennon if their hearts desire the next game. Eh, whatever...
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

bearsfaninaz wrote:I'm not justifying the game at all. I'm blaming the medical team on reoccurring injuries every year. They see not going something right at all. Nutrition, injury prevention, stretching hell idk but clearly they are not doing their jobs
I wasn't disagreeing with you, was just adding to it.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

46Blitz wrote:
Gaytoe wrote:Was at the game, fans were livid that Trubisky wasn't put in the half. Glennon is awful and I don't know if I'm going to even bother watching the games until he is benched and I haven't missed a game/preseason game in 6 or so years.

Exactly, and if you put the kid in don't you think the team would have had a boost? If anything, he gets some experience. I don't see any reason not to play him for the last few series at least. You can still go back to shitty ass Glennon if their hearts desire the next game. Eh, whatever...
I am for switching to Trubisky. But realize that IF you make that switch, and Biscuits struggles, you can't switch back with out completely looking like a laughing stock.
britbear
Player of the Month

bearsfaninaz wrote:I'm really blaming the injuries on our training staff. It's been this way for years now it seems.
At best that can only be half true. White's fractured scapula is not in the training staff. Neither is Cam's torn ACL.
Bleeding Navy and Orange!!! GO BEARS!!
wab
Mod

britbear wrote:
At best that can only be half true. White's fractured scapula is not in the training staff. Neither is Cam's torn ACL.
Nor is Freeman's torn pectoral.
britbear
Player of the Month

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
46Blitz wrote:

I am for switching to Trubisky. But realize that IF you make that switch, and Biscuits struggles, you can't switch back with out completely looking like a laughing stock.
Cannot see Trub playing until at least week 5, barring injuries. Fox has already said no change for week 3. Lambeau on a short week would NOT be a good time to bring him in. Vikes at home in week 5 might be an option. But once the Mitch genie is out of the bottle, it's not going back in.
Bleeding Navy and Orange!!! GO BEARS!!
docc
Head Coach

A "stare down" slow release QB..WRs get little to no separation..DB's can tee off.. 8-9 in box for same reason..no viable pass threat..RBs..always into a stacked line with little room if any. Our D gets worn down with no credible back ups..no depth from injuries AND lack of talent..
A LONG WAY TO GO..
Just a opinion..
Who the fuck really knows..
kevperro
Practice Squad

This for me. There is no reason to waste my time watching Glennon lead this team.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: I am certain that Jordan Howard is playing hurt.
No question.

That's why I was so shocked they did't IR Bennie and bring a healthy body in.

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Start looking from the top down. Of course the McCaskeys for obvious reasons. Pace, what has he brought in? His picks are looking questionable to me. Coaching? That is obvious, coaching to stay close and possibly win at the end, doesn't cut it. This organization is flailing away in rising waters, about to drown. It is old and tired.

Injuries hurt when your roster sucks and coaches are poor. Pats can survive because of Belicheck and the rest of his staff.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Start looking from the top down. Of course the McCaskeys for obvious reasons. Pace, what has he brought in? His picks are looking questionable to me. Coaching? That is obvious, coaching to stay close and possibly win at the end, doesn't cut it. This organization is flailing away in rising waters, about to drown. It is old and tired.

Injuries hurt when your roster sucks and coaches are poor. Pats can survive because of Belicheck and the rest of his staff.
If you look at the NFL, and then look at the most successful teams year in, and year out. There is stability at three positions; The GM, The HC and the QB.

I think Pace has potential. White's injuries are not on him. His first year's picks were pretty shaky, but not horrible. The thing is that a) he's young, and b) he was highly respected by a highly respected organization (Saints). So there has to be SOMETHING there. I still say that Fox was NOT Pace's choice, but rather Accorsi and McCaskey's.

Let Pace pick his HC next year. He's got his QB. Let's see what Pace can do over the next three years. If we fire Pace at the end of this year, we won't see the postseason for another decade.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote:Start looking from the top down. Of course the McCaskeys for obvious reasons. Pace, what has he brought in? His picks are looking questionable to me. Coaching? That is obvious, coaching to stay close and possibly win at the end, doesn't cut it. This organization is flailing away in rising waters, about to drown. It is old and tired.

Don't look at it from the top down. The only hope this franchise has is that when Virginia dies that her shitty sons sell the franchise.

They will never, ever, ever sell. Ever.

Ever.

They will meddle and fuck with things forever.
Middleguard
MVP

wab wrote:
britbear wrote:
Nor is Freeman's torn pectoral.
So you're just going to continue cursing bad luck year after year.

Maybe it's training. Or coaching. Not everyone is injured every time they experience an accident. Some are tougher, some know better how to protect themselves.

Or maybe it's evaluation/selection criteria. Maybe the Bears could use better metrics and better physicals for judging how prone to injury a player might be.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

Some injuries are just bad breaks, but it appears that we have been near the top of the league in starters out for a few years now so some of that has to be on the training staff. Also I remember injuries on players going from undisclosed to minor to out for the season in successive weeks. Not sure if that's their fault, but it doesn't inspire confidence...like everything else with this team. New England overcomes injuries because they have the system and the QB...we don't.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I am not saying fire Pace. But lets look at who he brings in. White's injuries are not on Pace, but the rawness of White and his potential or lack there of is. Bears may have a good QB in Trubs but we do not know at this time since they think they have to play the Neck.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

If you look at the NFL, and then look at the most successful teams year in, and year out. There is stability at three positions; The GM, The HC and the QB.

I think Pace has potential. White's injuries are not on him. His first year's picks were pretty shaky, but not horrible. The thing is that a) he's young, and b) he was highly respected by a highly respected organization (Saints). So there has to be SOMETHING there. I still say that Fox was NOT Pace's choice, but rather Accorsi and McCaskey's.

Let Pace pick his HC next year. He's got his QB. Let's see what Pace can do over the next three years. If we fire Pace at the end of this year, we won't see the postseason for another decade.
*****Good analyses here - I certainly agree with^^

Furthermore I say bullshit on all this Trubisky Messiah hype...

:bs: :bs: :bs:

Sanchez has experience as a starter, let him start for a while.

The biscuit is a "ordained" fucking backup with just enough experienced to be dangerous. if Sanchez has had any success as a starter then put him in there and give the kid more time to learn.

Unfortunately the game has evolved to absurd elevation of the QB position which makes learning and experience that much more important than at any other position. Back in the day if your good QB went down a decent running game could carry an offense but that time is sadly passed away...

We gotta take the long view for a while yet - give the kid time to get his brain around the game while Pace carries out his master plan :frustrated:
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Even if they have to limit the playbook Trubisky is better then Glennon right now. I think this team giving up already is clear indicator of it. Trubisky leads his receivers Glennon does not. That alone makes him better
MoFugger
Head Coach

I am hoping this is the second dumbest thing anyone ever says.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
MoFugger
Head Coach

bearsfaninaz wrote:I'm not justifying the game at all. I'm blaming the medical team on reoccurring injuries every year. They see not going something right at all. Nutrition, injury prevention, stretching hell idk but clearly they are not doing their jobs
So much for that

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
46Blitz wrote:

And what are we now....?