Update: Nick Kwiatkoski may only miss a few weeks

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:so, wtf?

is it related to their workouts? an equipment issue? how exactly do 2 LB's who play the same position end up out for the year with the same injury but in different games?

this is just weird
I still say it's our strength and conditioning team. We've been hit with the injury bug since Rusty left. Though I've been ridiculed for saying as much.
ramentaschen
Assistant Coach

Yeah, two years in a row and you have to be thinking this is more than bad luck.

Bears staff have got to look at how they rehab and condition their players more closely.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote:2016 all over again. I wish they kept stats on this longer than they have, but our 2016 team broke records for games lost to injury and now here we are 2 fucking games into 2017 and we already have our WR1, WR2, ILB1, and ILB3 on IR. It's just goddam infuriating.
And those are the guys who have just landed on IR. Add in Kyle Long and Josh Sitton, who are supposed to be the starting guards.

And Howard's arm is in a sling.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Wounded Bear
MVP

But hey, at least we've got Pernell McPhee back, right?!

After seeing him out on the field on Sunday, I really understand why we've held onto him. We could have had Tarik Cohen playing OLB on Sunday and he would have made a bigger impact.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
BR0D1E86
MVP

Wounded Bear wrote:But hey, at least we've got Pernell McPhee back, right?!

After seeing him out on the field on Sunday, I really understand why we've held onto him. We could have had Tarik Cohen playing OLB on Sunday and he would have made a bigger impact.
He's been one of the highest rated pass rushers in the league the past couple seasons in his brief healthy stints. As long as we don't need his money to resign other guys (I was thinking specifically of Hicks, but that got done), may as well hang onto him for this year.
Wounded Bear
MVP

Maybe 3 years ago, but not last year. If you're saying that he was highly rated last year (when healthy), please link me to what your seeing.
Neil deGrasse Tyson
BR0D1E86
MVP

Wounded Bear wrote:Maybe 3 years ago, but not last year. If you're saying that he was highly rated last year (when healthy), please link me to what your seeing.
I remember several articles about how good they were at the end of last year. Here's one, but there are others...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chi.247spo ... 034726/Amp

Granted he's basically only healthy for a few games a year. But he's generally pretty good when he is.
Wounded Bear
MVP

BR0D1E86 wrote:
Wounded Bear wrote:Maybe 3 years ago, but not last year. If you're saying that he was highly rated last year (when healthy), please link me to what your seeing.
I remember several articles about how good they were at the end of last year. Here's one, but there are others...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chi.247spo ... 034726/Amp

Granted he's basically only healthy for a few games a year. But he's generally pretty good when he is.
Hmmm, okay. Would have never guessed it. Thanks for digging that up for me. Appreciate it.
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Wounded Bear wrote:But hey, at least we've got Pernell McPhee back, right?!

I was watching McPhee out there in the 3rd quarter and screaming. We can't keep the guy healthy, but we need to play him in a game where we have no OL or WRs to go with a 26 point deficit???? What the hell?!?!?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
UOK
Site Admin

@kfishbain
21s
Fox says they are still evaluating Nick Kwiatkoski’s injury and time of recovery. “There are different opinions."
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:@kfishbain
21s
Fox says they are still evaluating Nick Kwiatkoski’s injury and time of recovery. “There are different opinions."
[video][/video]
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
WagonForce
MVP

This just feels like Fox is trying to get a small advantage by introducing uncertainty into whether or not Kwiatkoski will be ready to go. He previously made a comment about how he once got an advantage by watching another team's press conference, and I think this explains some of his stranger dealings with the media.

He never gives away any information if he can avoid it, no matter how seemingly insignificant.

If he does give away information, particularly about injuries, it's never a firm answer and often overly optimistic.

I'm not sure how much good this does the team strategically, but I think this is what's going on.
UOK
Site Admin

@RapSheet
Speaking of Kwiatkoski, what once was thought to be season-ending may not be. Will definitely miss time but maybe just a few weeks.
G08
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:@RapSheet
Speaking of Kwiatkoski, what once was thought to be season-ending may not be. Will definitely miss time but maybe just a few weeks.
*rubs eyes*

what the fuck is this? not terrible news? I am confuse.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

wab
Mod

JK, he's dead.
ramentaschen
Assistant Coach

LOL
docc
Head Coach

Pierogi saves again !!

Good news is weird news for Bears..
Hematite
Player of the Month

Keep it going...Superbowl or bust, BABY...YEAH!!
G08
Hall of Famer

@JeffJoniak
Positive results for LB Nick Kwiatkoski. Pec injury not as serious as LB Jerrell Freeman's. No roster move right now, but won't play.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Heck yeah. If he can get a few more games of experience this season I'll chalk it up as a win.
Wounded Bear
MVP

What a shame. I'm really going to miss watching Christian Jones not making plays.
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

Has Nick Kwiatkoski shown any flashes of being anything more then just another guy ? I've not seen any big impact plays in his limited playing time last year and this year that would indicate he more then just average.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Rakshir, what you may not understand.... Average is a plus for this team, so if Kwiatkoski is average I'm all about it.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/injury-report.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Back at practice. Limited participation.
YOGABBA
Rookie

Such a good sign to see that he is out there on the practice field. With Trevathon being back, that is certainly going to be a help, but to get him back in the lineup is only going to make things better. Such a great draft pick by Pace.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

YOGABBA wrote:Such a good sign to see that he is out there on the practice field. With Trevathon being back, that is certainly going to be a help, but to get him back in the lineup is only going to make things better. Such a great draft pick by Pace.
He was a 4th round draft pick with no injury history until he became a bear. Like a lot of people lately. Let that sink in for a bit and ask yourself how come so many of these guys all of a sudden are injury prone when coming to the bears? My answer has been the training staff.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

He's shown a lot of growth from year 1 to year 2. I think if he's healthy he'll make an impact.
Never Die Easy