View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next
Search for:
 Post subject: Re: Roster Moves
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:06 pm 
Pro Bowler

Reputation point: 5
Mikefive wrote:
46Blitz wrote:
WR and OL is 1a and 1b imo.... whoever they like better.
1a is obvious. But 1b absolutely MUST be CB. How much do you like that position with starters Amukamara and Fuller going to FA?

Like I also said, many things can happen between then and now. If the Bears retain all CBs, then I like it. You just don't know who will be available or signed. Or resigned for that matter. I am just stating on what we currently have now. Meredith should be back next year and if Inman does well then WR is a little less of a worry. Though we absolutely need to draft one regardless somewhere.

I have always stood by my thoughts of the Line being the most important position on the field. It will never change. Therefore whoever is rated higher gets picked in my world. WR or OL it doesn't matter to me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

Reputation point: 141
@CEmma670
1m
The Bears have signed LB Jonathan Anderson to the active roster and waived WR Tanner Gentry, an indication Danny Trevathan (calf) will not play Sunday

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:54 pm 
Head Coach

Reputation point: 33
The Great White Hope, gone again. Probably will return to practice squad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:36 pm 
Hall of Famer

Reputation point: 108
UOK wrote:
@CEmma670
1m
The Bears have signed LB Jonathan Anderson to the active roster and waived WR Tanner Gentry, an indication Danny Trevathan (calf) will not play Sunday

I don't want Gentry back, even on the practice squad

he had his opportunity and he failed completely ... he might make a nice addition to a Park District flag football team, but doesn't belong in the NFL

now that I've said that, watch the Patriots pick him up and turn him into someone useful

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:40 pm 
Head Coach

Reputation point: 74
Boris13c wrote:
UOK wrote:
@CEmma670
1m

I don't want Gentry back, even on the practice squad

he had his opportunity and he failed completely ... he might make a nice addition to a Park District flag football team, but doesn't belong in the NFL

now that I've said that, watch the Patriots pick him up and turn him into someone useful

i dont think that's 100% fair, he could easily turn into quality depth for us down the line. obviously he's in wayyy over his head right now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 pm 
Head Coach

Reputation point: 22
I think Gentry can develop into a solid 3rd 4th option but he's definitely in over his head as 1st or 2nd at the moment. If he focuses on routes in off-season idk why he can't get better.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:36 am 
Pro Bowler

Reputation point: 6
Bears signed a 6'3 285 UDFA from Boise State, Travis Averill to the practice squad along with WR Tanner Gentry. Averill who is listed as playing as a Center has spent time on the Falcons and Browns practice squads.

I wonder if he will be a legitimate replacement for struggling Grasu.

Quote:
Bio: 
Three-year starter at left guard who earned First Team All-Mountain West honors in 2016. Started 38 games over the final three seasons of his career after making three starts at right tackle as a true freshman.
Pos: 
Explosive offensive lineman who must improve his fundamentals. Quickly sets up off the snap, keeps his head on a swivel and works well with linemates. Displays a good degree of quickness in his game, moves well on his feet and shows fluidity pulling across the scrimmage. Effective blocking in motion. Plays much more athletic than his 40 time and displays strength at the point. Quickly gets his hands into opponents and anchors in pass protection.
Neg: 
Does not sink his butt at the line of scrimmage. Must improve his pad level. Lacks great bulk.
Analysis: 
Averill is a serviceable lineman who possesses limited upside but could back up at the guard position.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:07 pm 
Hall of Famer

Reputation point: 75
ramentaschen wrote:
Bears signed a 6'3 285 UDFA from Boise State, Travis Averill to the practice squad along with WR Tanner Gentry. Averill who is listed as playing as a Center has spent time on the Falcons and Browns practice squads.

I wonder if he will be a legitimate replacement for struggling Grasu.

Quote:
Bio: 
Three-year starter at left guard who earned First Team All-Mountain West honors in 2016. Started 38 games over the final three seasons of his career after making three starts at right tackle as a true freshman.
Pos: 
Explosive offensive lineman who must improve his fundamentals. Quickly sets up off the snap, keeps his head on a swivel and works well with linemates. Displays a good degree of quickness in his game, moves well on his feet and shows fluidity pulling across the scrimmage. Effective blocking in motion. Plays much more athletic than his 40 time and displays strength at the point. Quickly gets his hands into opponents and anchors in pass protection.
Neg: 
Does not sink his butt at the line of scrimmage. Must improve his pad level. Lacks great bulk.
Analysis: 
Averill is a serviceable lineman who possesses limited upside but could back up at the guard position.

So Grasu part II.

The biggest problem with Grasu, and this kid is that they lack the size to play. I don't care how technically sound you are. The the NT on the other side of you, outweighs you by 50 lbs, that's a problem. I said that about Grasu when we drafted him. He looks like a leader and a good college C, but he's too small for the NFL. His frame was about maxed out. This guy doesn't look any different. You saw Grasu against the Packers. He looked like he was going backwards on rollerskates.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:18 pm 
Hall of Famer

Reputation point: 108
Grasu was awful at the POA against the Packers. Whitehair had some terrible moments as well.

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

In that Flipmode

Clarence wrote:
Ps G08 is a moran [ :thumbsup: ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:48 pm 
Head Coach

Reputation point: 74
Yeah most of the time from what I saw, he kept square to the defender really well. The technique doesn't look bad to my untrained eyes. As pointed out, he just can't anchor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next