Hall of Famer

My guess would be that it looks somewhat like last week, but:

Flacco is better than 1-legged Bradford
The Bears can't score 9 pts on defense and ST

Ravens 24
Bears 10
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
malk
Head Coach

Having Trevathan back is huge. Our defence is pretty good even without the turnovers. I'm trying to think now, I don't recall too many glaring interception drops? I know it's been going on a long time but this year I think we've been a little unlucky that opposing offences haven't thrown any gimmies our way.

As for tape on Trubisky, I don't think 30 mins is going to make all that much difference. Later in the season definitely but it isn't much of an issue yet.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Gaytoe
Journeyman

I think our offense is going to score more than last week but our defense will not get us any points this week.

Ravens - 27
Bears - 17
botfly10
Player of the Month

malk wrote:Having Trevathan back is huge. Our defence is pretty good even without the turnovers. I'm trying to think now, I don't recall too many glaring interception drops? I know it's been going on a long time but this year I think we've been a little unlucky that opposing offences haven't thrown any gimmies our way.

As for tape on Trubisky, I don't think 30 mins is going to make all that much difference. Later in the season definitely but it isn't much of an issue yet.
Probably enough tape that the Ravens will have DEs or LBs spying for rollouts and ready to come down and knock the shit out of Trubs when he gets outside the tackles.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

botfly10 wrote:
Probably enough tape that the Ravens will have DEs or LBs spying for rollouts and ready to come down and knock the shit out of Trubs when he gets outside the tackles.
That's my worry.
BR0D1E86
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:
botfly10 wrote:
That's my worry.
I'd wager that rolling him out wasn't a secret before last week either. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.
malk
Head Coach

BR0D1E86 wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:
botfly10 wrote:
That's my worry.
I'd wager that rolling him out wasn't a secret before last week either. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.
Bingo. Now we need other options to keep rollouts effective but that's little to do with the tape on Trubisky.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

A agree with John Harbaugh on the roughing play. What is a DL supposed to do?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Mitch just missed that one to Sims. Jeez.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

UOK
Site Admin

Uneven start for 10. His receivers can't get open worth a shit, to be fair.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:A agree with John Harbaugh on the roughing play. What is a DL supposed to do?
yep that's bad
UOK
Site Admin

McManis probably done for the year.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Looks a lot like last week. Defensive punt fest so far. No real surprise though. I'm surprised that nobody mentioned that Tanner Gentry actually got the start.

On that last defensive series, they subbed Houston-Carson in at S as he was on the blitz.

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Wow. Tanner Gentry open for a big gainer. Biscuit missed it by a mile.

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Wow. Bizarre play on punt. #15 didn't see the fair catch signal and starts to make the tackle and stops when the whistle blows. (I didn't either, but it must've happened or no whistle.) That has to be a penalty, even if he stops. Break for the Bears.

UOK
Site Admin

Mikefive wrote:Wow. Tanner Gentry open for a big gainer. Biscuit missed it by a mile.
Had a guy uncovered in his face. He threw it away.

Not to defend him too much. He's been shit today.

---------

Dowell Loggains ain't coming back next season. He's been awful.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:Wow. Bizarre play on punt. #15 didn't see the fair catch signal and starts to make the tackle and stops when the whistle blows. (I didn't either, but it must've happened or no whistle.) That has to be a penalty, even if he stops. Break for the Bears.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

0-0 at end of first quarter punt party. Bears D is playing as well as the Raven's D or better. Bears O looks better than Raven's O, but Biscuit has missed 2 throws open for significant gains that would've made a difference.

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:
Mikefive wrote:A agree with John Harbaugh on the roughing play. What is a DL supposed to do?
yep that's bad
To be fair, they called it correct according to rule. Just bad rule.

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Pretty run for Biscuit down to the Raven's 12.

UOK
Site Admin

Not a bad rule. Injuries are horrid for the NFL and when the most important position in sports goes down it kills the sport.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Good throwaway on 3rd and 3 from the 5.

UOK
Site Admin

Mikefive wrote:Good throwaway on 3rd and 3 from the 5.
Utterly terrible playcall, though. Running game was doing work and you're on the bottom scrapings of the WR depth chart. C'mon, Dowell.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Not a bad rule. Injuries are horrid for the NFL and when the most important position in sports goes down it kills the sport.
Bears 3 Ravens 0.

I disagree. There needs to be SOME malintent to call a PF penalty. As we saw in this case, the DL guy just reached out and grabbed the QB's legs. Didn't hurt the guy nor intend to. He's fighting against other top athletes. He can grab any other ball carrier that way. But we can discuss another time.

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
Mikefive wrote:Good throwaway on 3rd and 3 from the 5.
Utterly terrible playcall, though. Running game was doing work and you're on the bottom scrapings of the WR depth chart. C'mon, Dowell.
what, you dont like cutting the field in half and throwing a fade to the little person?
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bears have not looked as good against the run today as they have been. They rip off a big one.

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Ravens fumble at Bears 20 and Bears recover. Turnover!

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

A Bear yanked that one out. Didn't see who. Huge play basically takes points off the board.
Last edited by Mikefive on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UOK
Site Admin

Mikefive wrote:A Bear yanked that one out. Didn't see who.
Christian Jones. Trevathan w/ the recovery.

59 is having a huge game today.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
Mikefive wrote:A Bear yanked that one out. Didn't see who.
Christian Jones. Trevathan w/ the recovery.

59 is having a huge game today.
No doubt.