Fansided: Bears should trade for Martavis Bryant

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

https://beargoggleson.com/2017/10/15/ch ... is-bryant/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks better linked.

Generally in-season trades don't work but I can't say I disagree with this article. It really depends on the price though. The Bears can't afford to give away too many picks.
WhenOneFalls
Rookie

No.
WagonForce
MVP

Any thoughts on what the price would be? Any help at WR could make a big difference to this team.
wab
Mod

ANY sort of threat on the outside would make this offense look so much better.
Nanky
Journeyman

If the price is right, I say go for it!
dplank
Hall of Famer

Can't see the Steelers trading him. They think they are in the Super Bowl picture this year (I disagree).
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Was he suspended all of last year? Girlfriend tweeting shit? This team is a ways away. I would rather not.

Seems like a little trouble.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

if Bryant actually has asked to be traded and the Steelers are willing, talent wise he'd be a definite plus ... not sure how much off field baggage he brings with him ... are the reasons for his suspension last year now gone or are they still lurking?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Hematite
Player of the Month

Exactly what this team needs but unfortunately it won't happen! I'd be game for a mid rounder, but I doubt the Steelers would bite.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/ma ... gzqgxfs6b7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He is happy now.

Suspension was for failed drug tests, those problems always lurk.
wab
Mod

Personally I don't think he's worth the baggage, but if it was a conditional pick for a guy who is on a cheap rookie deal...just for ANY sort of help outside, I'd have to figure out a way to be OK with it.

Still, it's not gonna happen.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

I don't have a baggage issue, but I want the Bears stay on the build from within course.
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

I'd tell Pace to make the trade only if all 3 of these are true:

1. you aren't concerned about the baggage
2. you already have an agreement in place to extend his contract by 3 or 4 more years
3. you don't have to give more than a third round pick
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

so I guess his girlfriend speaking for him is how it is these days in the twitter world?
George Carlin
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Would rather see a trade for Landry. Conditional of course.
wab
Mod

46Blitz wrote:Would rather see a trade for Landry. Conditional of course.
I feel like Landry would cost exponentially more. Plus they still have playoff hopes, so I can't imagine them letting him go. They'd be pretty thin at the position without him.
Hematite
Player of the Month

Bryant skips mandatory meeting, Trade demand back on! Is it pure desperation in our thinking for those of us saying make this happen? Would love that talent but is this what happens when he has a 3 game stretch without stats wherever he goes?
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

If I were Pace I would be looking at teams that just recently lost their starting QB, or are sitting at 1-5 or 2-4, but had playoff aspirations this year. Look for a team that is desperate to make chicken salad out of what appears to be an unforeseen shit year.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

no way pace ships every malcontent out of town and then trades for martavis.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

RustyTrubisky wrote:no way pace ships every malcontent out of town and then trades for martavis.
This. Just don't see it happening and personally, I don't think he's worth it. His production doesn't really match the type of baggage he brings with him.
Never Die Easy
Hematite
Player of the Month

RustyTrubisky wrote:no way pace ships every malcontent out of town and then trades for martavis.
Very true!
Umbali
MVP

With a game plan that has the QB throwing 7 times, you think he would be happy? Im guessing no
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Wounded Bear
MVP

Pace is a Moneyballer and paying big money for a wide receiver is against Moneyballing Code. That's why Alshon was let go. Pace was banking on Kevin White finally producing, but we know how that ended.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Bryant is bitching because he isn't getting the ball. Do you think he would get the ball here? He would be a problem here. He isn't worth anything IMO.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Bryant is bitching because he isn't getting the ball. Do you think he would get the ball here? He would be a problem here. He isn't worth anything IMO.
He comes with a TON of baggage. I see him as the Brandon Marshall type, just a lot less talented.
G08
Hall of Famer

Yeah, no. Dude is a nutcase.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Otis Day wrote:Bryant is bitching because he isn't getting the ball. Do you think he would get the ball here? He would be a problem here. He isn't worth anything IMO.
He comes with a TON of baggage. I see him as the Brandon Marshall type, just a lot less talented.
he has Terrell Owens punk bitch syndrome without yet having a resume to back up his mouth

plus the Steelers are adamant they aren't trading him, so this is a non-issue for multiple reasons
George Carlin
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Why would anyone trade for a guy that is one hot pee test from being banned from the league. You have to have failed multiple tests and be in like stage 3 of the testing program for the nfl to be where Bryant is now. He never gets out of that for the remainder of his career.
Last edited by southdakbearfan on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Boris13c wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
he has Terrell Owens punk bitch syndrome without yet having a resume to back up his mouth

plus the Steelers are adamant they aren't trading him, so this is a non-issue for multiple reasons
I saw something about him getting "demoted" to the scout team today. Guess they are showing who's boss.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

He’s a solid wide out, but it’s situational. He misses an entire season due to suspension, and then is mad Ben is looking to him for contribution? Like, where have you been?

Cliché, but I think he needs a change of scenery. They have AB, and they drafted JuJu early. He’s clearly being fased out. He’ll probably be released after the season. We should look at him then.