10.22.17 // WIN - Bears 17, Panthers 3

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Hematite
Player of the Month

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Trubisky has his coming out party this game, Big time! 3 TD passes as the Panthers stack the box for the run! Soldier Field gets a glimpse of the future!

Bears- 27
Panthers- 23
snake95
Journeyman

Living here in Charleston I'm bombarded with Panther fans. They can be as obnoxious as Cowboy fans believe it or not. This would be a sweet win for me for a whole host of selfish reasons...That being said, at some point the beloved have to stack a few wins...No time like the present. If the D stands up and wreaks havoc as I think they can, and offensively we go at their front 7 with some misdirection and punish them in the ground game as well as hopefully some play action, we should have a chance to snag this one...Maybe this is the week Shaheen sneaks in and make some plays also.....Bears 22-
Panthers-19
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

This game, going against a more pedestrian secondary than the two really good ones he has faced, Trubisky's completion percentage rises. he has his fist multi touchdown pass day. Fuller will continue his good showing. The Bears will win this one by the shocking score of:

Bears 31
Panthers 17
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
Wounded Bear
MVP

The Bears feckless offense puts the Bears defense in bad field position with turnovers and the Panthers take advantage:

Panthers 41
Bears 9
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
LacertineForest
MVP

Each Bears home game to this point has been decided by a very late score. I think this one is no different, with the Bears coming up on the short end again. I look for Trubisky to continue to make safe throws and continue with his progress.

Panthers - 23
Bears - 20
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I picked this as a win prior to season, so will stick to it.

I think Bears D shocks the Panther and shut down Cam and his fellas. They will have no run game to speak of and the Bear D will get two ints. That's right, 2 more TOs. Bears get short fields and take advantage.

Biscuit is allowed to go downfield and Wright is the recipient for a TD. Howard grinds out just over a 100.

Bears - 17

Panther - 9
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Everyone seems a little high on the Bears after a win, this dosnt change my prediction....

Bears 27
Pansies 13

Trubisky dosnt have a killer game, but shows a little more each game. The run game gets going and Carolina gets beat down going into the second half. This defense is what allows everything happen as it has proven against previous foes. Good defensive play gives the offense the ability to play the game within itself. This game will get many to jump on the wagon of potential divisional crown hopes.
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm drinking the kool-aid... if the defense has another dominant performance and the offense can continue to run the ball and hit timely plays in the passing game, the Beloved should win this one

Bears - 20
Panthers - 17
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Funkster
MVP

G08 wrote:I'm drinking the kool-aid... if the defense has another dominant performance and the offense can continue to run the ball and hit timely plays in the passing game, the Beloved should win this one

Bears - 20
Panthers - 17
I'm definitely stirring the kool-aid. Like I've said in the past, they're close, really close to figuring out how to win. The defense will play a big part and with Luke likely out for the Panther, the Bears should be able to establish a running game. That a lone will not be enough to win this game. To win this game the Bears will need Trubisky to start to show why he was the first QB of the board. The receivers will have to step up and earn their roster spot. Somebody on the offense has to step and steal the show!
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
wab
Mod

I just NEED a receiver to step up and do something. Something more than catch 2 balls.
Funkster
MVP

wab wrote:I just NEED a receiver to step up and do something. Something more than catch 2 balls.
Yeah, I hope the game plan dictates the receivers at least get a chance to do something. The Panthers are allowing 83 rushing yards per game and Howard is averaging less than a TD per game. The Bears offense may have to find another way to put points on the board.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Wow... The Kool-Aid is flowing. The Ravens offense is crap, hence our defense looked better than it actually is. Their defense is pretty good though, but their safeties played 2 deep a lot, which helped our running game rush for 200.

Chico is going to take away the run and continue the exotic blitzes. The only chance we have to shut down is to take away their run game and do things to get into Newton's head as he runs a one dimensional offense. It's certainly possible that we can overcome them. But the odds are against it.

Every home game has been a one score game.

Panthers 23
Bears 17

Edit: Kuechly being out has to change things for me. We really have a fair chance in this game now. It really boils down to our ability to frustrate and contain Cam. I think we will to some extent. But I don't know.

Bears 20
Panthers 20

We go OT, but we either turn it over or miss a long FG while our D holds them. I'm calling a sister kisser this week. :-P
Last edited by Mikefive on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:Wow... The Kool-Aid is flowing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

@josephperson
Other DNPs: Kelvin Benjamin (knee), Demetrious Cox (ankle), John Theus (concussion), Greg Van Roten (shoulder), Fozzy Whittaker (ankle).
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Now that Cooper is back I’d like to see them use Fuller as a spy.

Bears catch Carolina banged up and Cam with no rhythm:

Bears 23
Panthers 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xyt in the discord chats
Middleguard
MVP

Scoring for both will be by defense or from very short field provided by defense.
Bears 17
Panthers 20
GSH
MVP

is it me or does the board have a ton of new posters this season? good to see, the off season was painfully quiet at times.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Bears will most likely lose this one. The Panthers defense is stout against the run this year and I'm sure they will be successful in forcing the Bears to pass the ball more than they'd like to.

I think in doing so, Trubisky will make some rookie mistakes and gives the ball away (sort of like the Minnesota game).

Panthers 24
Bears 13

I think the only chance the Bears have is winning the turnover battle. Meaning if the Bears can force the Panthers into early miscues like we did against Pittsburgh - then we might have a shot. If not, I think it's going to be a tough game to win. The Panthers have better talent and look to be the better team.
Never Die Easy
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

I can't wait to see this week's big trick play! Every single game sense Mitch been playing they draw up a couple of these and been impressive each time. I wonder if the conservative crap Fox is known for is why they get away with it but than again it is the players execution that makes it work to. Definitely a great time to be a bear fan, got a new Qb an some promising rooks to, and I like this Loggains fella, he seems to know how to game plan an make adjustments, hope bears keep em or make him head coach an keep the Fang for DC.

Hope they kill Cam to, sick of that trash talking show off.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Keep Cam in the pocket, and we will win. Floyd, Pernell, Acho, Irving. If you cannot beat your guy, at the very least, keep contain. I'd say keep Danny down as a spy, but he can cover to well, so use CJones or Timu. Whoever is in. Both Benjamin and Funchess are miss matches from hell. Lots of press-man coming.

Offensively, I'd like to see about 25-30 passes thrown. Their secondary is meh, and Luke Keuchly is likely out. JH gets 25 carries. TC gets 15.

Bears - 28
Panthers - 22
G08
Hall of Famer

Luke Kuechly has been ruled OUT

Yuge.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
G08
Hall of Famer

Here's a shocker: Nick Kwiatkoski practices in full today and is listed as Questionable

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Luke Kuechly has been ruled OUT

Yuge.
Just saw this here. Really good for us.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Funkster
MVP

Kuechly out is big. I just wish it wasn't from a concussion. The dudes a stud and is so fun to watch flash around and make tackles. Three concussions in as many years is never a good thing.
Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:Luke Kuechly has been ruled OUT

Yuge.
Wow, big loss for Carolina. This is gonna open up the running game and the passing game.
Adipost
MVP

Funkster wrote:Kuechly out is big. I just wish it wasn't from a concussion. The dudes a stud and is so fun to watch flash around and make tackles. Three concussions in as many years is never a good thing.
And what’s really scary is that he’s not suffering these concussions from obvious massive hits to the head.
Adipost
MVP

The Trubisky hate is real, folks...

Trubisky isn’t going to wash out of the league or anything. An “average” NFL starting quarterback can often get 6-10 decent years out of the league. But former Clemson star Watson – drafted No. 12 in that 2017 draft by Houston, while Trubisky went No. 2 overall to the Bears – is going to be the standout quarterback of this class. He will be considered a franchise quarterback. Ultimately, Trubisky will not be.

My reasoning on Trubisky is not based on his decent athleticism or his fantastic arm. It’s based on the most important statistic – the fact he didn’t win enough in his one year as North Carolina’s starter.

Remember, Trubisky ran an absolutely loaded offense in Chapel Hill – far different from this year’s UNC team. Yet in his final four games, he lost to Duke (3-6 at the time), N.C. State (5-6 at the time) and Stanford (without Christian McCaffrey, who skipped the bowl game to avoid possible injury). UNC finished 8-5 in a season in which the Tar Heels had the talent to go at least 10-3.

Trubisky too often couldn’t convert on the final drive when he had a chance. Chicago fans saw an example of this in Trubisky’s first NFL start, when he threw a bad interception in a 17-17 game with less than three minutes to play deep in his own territory to set up Minnesota’s game-winning field goal.

www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article179915086.html
GSH
MVP

i would wager that whoever wrote that article is a hit at parties and popular with the ladies....
UOK
Site Admin

Bears worked out a left-footed punter this week to get their returners used to the Panthers' lefty. Interesting.
Ormazd
MVP

Adipost wrote:The Trubisky hate is real, folks...

Trubisky isn’t going to wash out of the league or anything. An “average” NFL starting quarterback can often get 6-10 decent years out of the league. But former Clemson star Watson – drafted No. 12 in that 2017 draft by Houston, while Trubisky went No. 2 overall to the Bears – is going to be the standout quarterback of this class. He will be considered a franchise quarterback. Ultimately, Trubisky will not be.

My reasoning on Trubisky is not based on his decent athleticism or his fantastic arm. It’s based on the most important statistic – the fact he didn’t win enough in his one year as North Carolina’s starter.

Remember, Trubisky ran an absolutely loaded offense in Chapel Hill – far different from this year’s UNC team. Yet in his final four games, he lost to Duke (3-6 at the time), N.C. State (5-6 at the time) and Stanford (without Christian McCaffrey, who skipped the bowl game to avoid possible injury). UNC finished 8-5 in a season in which the Tar Heels had the talent to go at least 10-3.

Trubisky too often couldn’t convert on the final drive when he had a chance. Chicago fans saw an example of this in Trubisky’s first NFL start, when he threw a bad interception in a 17-17 game with less than three minutes to play deep in his own territory to set up Minnesota’s game-winning field goal.

www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article179915086.html
That "loaded" UNC team is about to go 1-7. Did everyone graduate?

Fuck this guy.