10.22.17 // WIN - Bears 17, Panthers 3

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Luke Kuechly has been ruled OUT

Yuge.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
G08
Hall of Famer

Here's a shocker: Nick Kwiatkoski practices in full today and is listed as Questionable
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Luke Kuechly has been ruled OUT

Yuge.
Just saw this here. Really good for us.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Funkster
MVP

Kuechly out is big. I just wish it wasn't from a concussion. The dudes a stud and is so fun to watch flash around and make tackles. Three concussions in as many years is never a good thing.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:Luke Kuechly has been ruled OUT

Yuge.
Wow, big loss for Carolina. This is gonna open up the running game and the passing game.
Adipost
MVP

Funkster wrote:Kuechly out is big. I just wish it wasn't from a concussion. The dudes a stud and is so fun to watch flash around and make tackles. Three concussions in as many years is never a good thing.
And what’s really scary is that he’s not suffering these concussions from obvious massive hits to the head.
Adipost
MVP

The Trubisky hate is real, folks...

Trubisky isn’t going to wash out of the league or anything. An “average” NFL starting quarterback can often get 6-10 decent years out of the league. But former Clemson star Watson – drafted No. 12 in that 2017 draft by Houston, while Trubisky went No. 2 overall to the Bears – is going to be the standout quarterback of this class. He will be considered a franchise quarterback. Ultimately, Trubisky will not be.

My reasoning on Trubisky is not based on his decent athleticism or his fantastic arm. It’s based on the most important statistic – the fact he didn’t win enough in his one year as North Carolina’s starter.

Remember, Trubisky ran an absolutely loaded offense in Chapel Hill – far different from this year’s UNC team. Yet in his final four games, he lost to Duke (3-6 at the time), N.C. State (5-6 at the time) and Stanford (without Christian McCaffrey, who skipped the bowl game to avoid possible injury). UNC finished 8-5 in a season in which the Tar Heels had the talent to go at least 10-3.

Trubisky too often couldn’t convert on the final drive when he had a chance. Chicago fans saw an example of this in Trubisky’s first NFL start, when he threw a bad interception in a 17-17 game with less than three minutes to play deep in his own territory to set up Minnesota’s game-winning field goal.

www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article179915086.html
GSH
MVP

i would wager that whoever wrote that article is a hit at parties and popular with the ladies....
UOK
Site Admin

Bears worked out a left-footed punter this week to get their returners used to the Panthers' lefty. Interesting.
Ormazd
MVP

Adipost wrote:The Trubisky hate is real, folks...

Trubisky isn’t going to wash out of the league or anything. An “average” NFL starting quarterback can often get 6-10 decent years out of the league. But former Clemson star Watson – drafted No. 12 in that 2017 draft by Houston, while Trubisky went No. 2 overall to the Bears – is going to be the standout quarterback of this class. He will be considered a franchise quarterback. Ultimately, Trubisky will not be.

My reasoning on Trubisky is not based on his decent athleticism or his fantastic arm. It’s based on the most important statistic – the fact he didn’t win enough in his one year as North Carolina’s starter.

Remember, Trubisky ran an absolutely loaded offense in Chapel Hill – far different from this year’s UNC team. Yet in his final four games, he lost to Duke (3-6 at the time), N.C. State (5-6 at the time) and Stanford (without Christian McCaffrey, who skipped the bowl game to avoid possible injury). UNC finished 8-5 in a season in which the Tar Heels had the talent to go at least 10-3.

Trubisky too often couldn’t convert on the final drive when he had a chance. Chicago fans saw an example of this in Trubisky’s first NFL start, when he threw a bad interception in a 17-17 game with less than three minutes to play deep in his own territory to set up Minnesota’s game-winning field goal.

www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article179915086.html
That "loaded" UNC team is about to go 1-7. Did everyone graduate?

Fuck this guy.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Loaded UNC team, lol.

All 5'9" of Ryan Switzer being their best offensive weapon who has no catches and one rushing attempt in the nfl.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:The Trubisky hate is real, folks...

I wonder how many guys in their first year as a college starter struggled at the end of the season when DCs had adjusted to them. And then went on to play better in their 2nd and 3rd year as college starters. Oh yeah, Trubisky never got that chance. And then to look at one bad play in his first NFL start and add to that same conclusion.

What a pile of rubbish.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

UOK
Site Admin

Kwiatkoski is active!
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Kwiatkoski is active!
That's good. The defense will probably need the injury time out to catch their breath.
Hematite
Player of the Month

:rofl:
mmmc_35 wrote:
UOK wrote:Kwiatkoski is active!
That's good. The defense will probably need the injury time out to catch their breath.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

So your saying we have a chance......

Pick6
UOK
Site Admin

This Jackson kid's not going to amount to anything.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

UOK wrote:This Jackson kid's not going to amount to anything.
Not at all, he sucks.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Kicking in this situation. Fox is a bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

BR0D1E86 wrote:Kicking in this situation. Fox is a bitch.

I kick it too...

Up points and gives 14pt lead, I'll take it with the D playing their asses off.
BR0D1E86
MVP

46Blitz wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:Kicking in this situation. Fox is a bitch.

I kick it too...

Up points and gives 14pt lead, I'll take it with the D playing their asses off.
Worst case the d is playing their asses off and you've got them stuffed inside the 1. I can't wait until that assclown is gone.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

You could make arguments both ways on the 4th down from 1/2 yard away. Not too surprising that Fox kicked it. It certainly was the correct call to not allow the TD. Good job by Peppers to get a hand on him. Biscuit slipped a little bit on his dive.

Excellent half. The Eddie Jackson show. But he was just cleaning up stuff that happened in front of him.

I see Kyle Fuller all over the field making plays in both the run and the pass game. That guy is playing unbelievably well right now.

They saw something on tape sending Cohen deep. That 70 yarder was terrific.

46Blitz
Assistant Coach

MikeFive,

Your right, Fuller has been all over the place. I mean really. I'm most impressed over his play against the run overall.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

This defense fucking blows on 3rd down.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
UOK
Site Admin

Indeed. That pussy call on 4th and .5 yards will impact the final outcome, no doubt.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

And the D stands tall on 4th and 2!

Kind of a silly call IMO to just let your hobbling QB run with it without other options.

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bears are trying to get too cute on O. They just need to keep pounding it.

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I really don't know why Loggains isn't going with the plan that worked before. They have the lead and need to run the clock. But getting your QB sacked isn't a good way to keep the ball away from them. How many 3 and outs this week vs. last week? We've had at least 4 today.

UOK
Site Admin

Testament to Julius Peppers that a 37 year old HOFer needs to be double covered. He's destroying Bears today, but they're doing no favors.
WagonForce
MVP

D is on the field too much.