Game 7 Carolina Panthers

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

BearDen
Journeyman

Today let’s travel down south to Charlotte, North Carolina, the home to the Carolina Panthers, who just happen to be the opponent of our beloved Chicago Bears this week. For this week’s opponent, I wanted to do something a bit different. Instead of looking at the city’s history, I want to look at its recent past. In this case, we’re going to take a look at the NASCAR Hall of Fame. In March of 2006, NASCAR committed to building the Hall of Fame. It was designed by the architecture firm Pei Cobb Freed & Partners, and it officially opened on May 11, 2010. The first artifact that was chosen to be displayed was Richard Petty’s Plymouth Belvidere, which helped him win 27 races in 1967.

Charlotte was an obvious choice over other included sites such as Atlanta and Daytona, simply because of the number of stock car racers that have come from the area. In fact, over 73% of all motorsports employees call the Charlotte area their home. The building consists of four floors, all of which have different interactive displays. The hall of legends is located on the third floor.

Eligibility in the hall states that you must have been associated with NASCAR for 10 years, and have been retired for three years. That requirement, however, was changed in 2014 if you had over 30 years in NASCAR or turned the age of 55. Presently, there have been a total of 45 inductees into the NASCAR Hall of Fame.

Charlotte Fun Facts: There’s nothing. Seriously. Green Bay was at least the toilet paper capital of the world. Charlotte has nothing. I looked at 3 or 4 different websites, and nothing struck me something that anyone would find ‘fun’ or ‘interesting.’

Food: BBQ. Ribs, pulled pork, pulled chicken, hot links. A fun fact about the OP (that’s me), Carolina Style BBQ is my favorite cuisine.

Beer: North Carolina is a big time beer state. Ashville, NC produces some of the finest craft breweries in the country. Charlotte Is no slouch either. A couple of my favorite breweries: Heist, Legion, and Wooden Robot.

Famous People: Arn Anderson, Ricky Steamboat, Jim Nantz, Richard Petty, Ric Flair.

The Game: Here’s my thing…open up the playbook. Let Mitch make his mistakes. Let Mitch show us what we can do. Give the fans what they came to see. Defensively, I want a big game out of McPhee. I need him to come crashing hard, giving the Panthers something to think about. Let his play be the one that gets Nardflo to do fun things.
Bears 24 Panthers 10.

Offensive Player of the Game: Cody Whitehair.
Take your worry about the yips and go to hell. This kid is a player. He is a road grader. He’s the type of guy I want on my side if I get into a rumble. Bears are going to use his energy and his rumble skills to destroy the Carolina defensive line.

Defensive Player of the Game: Eddie Goldman
Really starting to feel like I'm the only one talking about this guy. He's going to push that pocket back and cause havoc all game long. Book it.
UOK
Site Admin

I love that you used Pat Mannelly and Tommie Harris as the images.
YOGABBA
Rookie

Jim Nantz is an awesome guy to hear a game called by, and I had no idea he was from Charlotte. Cool thread. I hope you do 9 more!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:I love that you used Pat Mannelly and Tommie Harris as the images.
:rofl:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
BearDen
Journeyman

YOGABBA wrote:Jim Nantz is an awesome guy to hear a game called by, and I had no idea he was from Charlotte. Cool thread. I hope you do 9 more!
You can count on it buddy
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

BearDen wrote:
YOGABBA wrote:Jim Nantz is an awesome guy to hear a game called by, and I had no idea he was from Charlotte. Cool thread. I hope you do 9 more!
You can count on it buddy

with better photo editing perhaps? :-P
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

I was like, wait... that's not Whitehair.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

wab wrote:I was like, wait... that's not Whitehair.
Ha, something didn't seem right. Actually blinked a few times to see if my eyes were f*cking with me. Lol
Wounded Bear
MVP

BearDen wrote: Defensive Player of the Game: Eddie Goldman
Really starting to feel like I'm the only one talking about this guy.

Never heard of him.
BearDen wrote:He's going to push that pocket back and cause havoc all game long. Book it.
Ah, more paperwork. I don't think so.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
dplank
Hall of Famer

I don't mean to pile on, but we're not traveling to Carolina either. Home game this week.

Not the best post I've ever seen.
BearDen
Journeyman

dplank wrote:I don't mean to pile on, but we're not traveling to Carolina either. Home game this week.

Not the best post I've ever seen.
Please educate me as to where I implied it was an away game.

Not the best reply I've ever seen.
Wounded Bear
MVP

...and if I'm going to be completely honest, my post wasn't that great either. Hey everybody, we all suck together! Er, uh, what I meant to say is, uh, well, we all suck together....
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
botfly10
Player of the Month

lmao