F**k John Fox

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Richie wrote:
botfly10 wrote:And now we have Fox with his overly conservative style that is damaging the rookie QB. He has this kid looking hesitant, scared to throw, and happy feet starting to show up.
Yeah...

Those things are on Trubisky dude. Give me a break with this never-ending stream of apologies for this kid doing ANYTHING remotely wrong.
Dude. We get it.
BR0D1E86
MVP

At this point I can see no coherent argument that Fox should be allowed to finish this season.

For the duration of his tenure his teams have been undisciplined and unprepared, but they played hard. Now even that is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
G08
Hall of Famer

He's comin' for ya, Foxy!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
base615
Assistant Coach

John Fox on why he didn’t let the #49ers score a TD at the end: “We felt good about the block we had on the potential field goal. Neither one of those are great options at the 5 and 4 yard line."

Sigh.
G08
Hall of Famer

base615 wrote:John Fox on why he didn’t let the #49ers score a TD at the end: “We felt good about the block we had on the potential field goal. Neither one of those are great options at the 5 and 4 yard line."

Sigh.
Stupidest fucking explanation I ever heard. Bill Belichick would have let them score a TD there because it would give his offense the ball back with over 1 minute to try to score a TD and win the fucking game.

God damned asshole, I fucking hate him.
Funkster
MVP

I was shaking my head thinking this dumb ass is banking on a block field goal. Sure enough, that's what he was banking on. He is so fucking clueless at this point. I just hope his replacement isn't Jeff Fisher, rumors started floating around this morning he is putting together a staff.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Fox post game:
"Carlos Santos did tweak his groin a little bit, um that's why we went with er, um, um, Rob... I mean yeah our punter. He did the kick-offs, Pat O'Donnell handled that..."
Seriously? The coach can't even remember the name of his own player and then mixes him up with his ex-kicker who just made 5 field goals to beat his team?

I'm only surprised he didn't come to the podium wearing a big red nose and oversize shoes.
G08
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote:Fox post game:
"Carlos Santos did tweak his groin a little bit, um that's why we went with er, um, um, Rob... I mean yeah our punter. He did the kick-offs, Pat O'Donnell handled that..."
Seriously? The coach can't even remember the name of his own player and then mixes him up with his ex-kicker who just made 5 field goals to beat his team?

I'm only surprised he didn't come to the podium wearing a big red nose and oversize shoes.
I watched that live and couldn't help but laugh and then feel bad for laughing at someone with dementia.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Funkster wrote:I was shaking my head thinking this dumb ass is banking on a block field goal. Sure enough, that's what he was banking on. He is so fucking clueless at this point. I just hope his replacement isn't Jeff Fisher, rumors started floating around this morning he is putting together a staff.
I’ve put up with a lot over the years. If they hire Jeff Fisher I think I’m out.
base615
Assistant Coach

BR0D1E86 wrote:
Funkster wrote:I was shaking my head thinking this dumb ass is banking on a block field goal. Sure enough, that's what he was banking on. He is so fucking clueless at this point. I just hope his replacement isn't Jeff Fisher, rumors started floating around this morning he is putting together a staff.
I’ve put up with a lot over the years. If they hire Jeff Fisher I think I’m out.
This
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote:
i dont think there's anyway in hell, after watching jeff do his best to ruin jared goff, that pace would even consider him.

but yeah, that would have to be it for me too. for real, i would love to get my sundays back.
BR0D1E86
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:
i dont think there's anyway in hell, after watching jeff do his best to ruin jared goff, that pace would even consider him.

but yeah, that would have to be it for me too. for real, i would love to get my sundays back.
I agree. I mean, it would be so mind numbingly devoid of any logic or sense that I can’t even see the Bears doing it.

That’s my line in the sand though.

docc
Head Coach

Fox resting at home..
Hematite
Player of the Month

How in the Holy Fuck does John Fox still have a job coaching the Chicago Bears?
G08
Hall of Famer

Jeff Dickerson‏Verified account
@DickersonESPN
2m2 minutes ago
More
As for John Fox's comment yesterday that Bears didn't let Niners score TD because Chicago felt good about their chances to block Robbie Gould's final FG -- there have been 2,431 FG attempts from inside 25 yards since 2001.....only 20 have been blocked (0.82%), per @ESPNStatsInfo
Hematite
Player of the Month

G08 wrote:
@DickersonESPN
2m2 minutes ago
More
As for John Fox's comment yesterday that Bears didn't let Niners score TD because Chicago felt good about their chances to block Robbie Gould's final FG -- there have been 2,431 FG attempts from inside 25 yards since 2001.....only 20 have been blocked (0.82%), per @ESPNStatsInfo
When realistically you have zero chance of winning a game with coaches coaching and players executing, because that's who we are, I can understand hoping for the .82 percent chance of pulling off a win on a fluke play. How fucking sad this franchise has become.
docc
Head Coach

Listening to the FoxHole now in his inept homeless grovel voice telling more bullshit..
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
@DickersonESPN
2m2 minutes ago
More
right, it's ridiculous. long field goals get blocked because they need to be lower for the distance. chip shots go straight up and it's fucking impossible to block them.

john fox felt good though, thought he had stretch armstrong in there.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

docc wrote:Listening to the FoxHole now in his inept homeless grovel voice telling more bullshit..

Adam Jahns‏@adamjahns

John Fox on #Bears can accomplish over final four games: "We’re in the last quarter of the season, just like the fourth quarter of a game. People remember what you do in December." #Bears went 1-7 in the last quarters of the 2015, 2016 seasons under Fox.

BR0D1E86
MVP

I don’t know if I even consider it comical or what it is at this point.

It’s absolutely baffling that he hasn’t been fired. But his mind numbing ineptitude and just shocking lack of general basic awareness... it wouldn’t shock me if he had to be reminded to go to the bathroom every so often like my four year old so he didn’t soil himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wab
Mod

RustyTrubisky wrote:
G08 wrote:
@DickersonESPN
2m2 minutes ago
More
right, it's ridiculous. long field goals get blocked because they need to be lower for the distance. chip shots go straight up and it's fucking impossible to block them.

I know it's fun for us all to pile on Fox (and deservedly so in most cases), but Jimmy G intimated that had the Bears opened up to let them score, they would have taken a knee before getting in the endzone.
BR0D1E86
MVP

wab wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:
G08 wrote:
@DickersonESPN
2m2 minutes ago
More

I know it's fun for us all to pile on Fox (and deservedly so in most cases), but Jimmy G intimated that had the Bears opened up to let them score, they would have taken a knee before getting in the endzone.
It doesn’t make their strategy any less wrong, it just means the other team might have been prepared for it.

Funny, that. How some teams appear to prepare for their games. Maybe we’ll get a coach with that philosophy some day.
botfly10
Player of the Month

wab wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:
G08 wrote:
@DickersonESPN
2m2 minutes ago
More

That has zero impact on how dumb Fox's statement was.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I think for sure Fox needs to go ... I think most people here believe that as well

that said, what makes any of us think the Bears organization will end up with an actual replacement who is an improvement?

I just really do not know if the Bears are even capable of laying any groundwork for future success ... will we get someone who can work with Pace, revamp the roster, and repair a completely dysfunctional offense so we can see improvement and success in 2-3 years?

or will they again screw the pooch, and 3-4 years from now we have a similar thread with (insert coaches name here) having to go?

my cynical meter has been in the red for a while ... I just don't know if the Bears will do anything more than ensure they continue a decent revenue stream, which may or may not actually involve improving the team

color me completely disillusioned :frustrated:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

should this thread be melded with the John Fox discussion thread? seems there is some repeat discussions in the 2 which may be better served with having 1 source thread
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

F*ck the Bear while we are at it.

I have resigned. I will not make the time to sit and watch the team. The experience is good for Trubs even if he is getting beat to hell (which I hope he doesn't). The next 4 sundays I will not purposely make time to sit and watch this dreadful shit. If I am out in the garage puttering around I will have the radio on. This is as bad as it has been since the early 70s. Only difference, I was younger and had not yet endured the shit show that this franchise has become. I will enjoy the family, my hobbies and other NFL football. I have even told family no Bears shit this year. This franchise has beat me down pretty low this year. I am even more cynical than usual. I really don't see them getting the next hire right. All I hope is that, the family stays the hell out of it and lets Pace fuck it up on his own. :frustrated:
G08
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:F*ck the Bear while we are at it.

I have resigned. I will not make the time to sit and watch the team. The experience is good for Trubs even if he is getting beat to hell (which I hope he doesn't). The next 4 sundays I will not purposely make time to sit and watch this dreadful shit. If I am out in the garage puttering around I will have the radio on. This is as bad as it has been since the early 70s. Only difference, I was younger and had not yet endured the shit show that this franchise has become. I will enjoy the family, my hobbies and other NFL football. I have even told family no Bears shit this year. This franchise has beat me down pretty low this year. I am even more cynical than usual. I really don't see them getting the next hire right. All I hope is that, the family stays the hell out of it and lets Pace fuck it up on his own. :frustrated:
They broke Otis :(

May John DeFilippo be your saving grace, my friend.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:F*ck the Bear while we are at it.

here here!

we can always just go feed the pigeons

George Carlin
docc
Head Coach