View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:09 am 
Player of the Month

Reputation point: 3
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
G08 wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:
While Kubiak would definitely be an improvement - I'd prefer a little more 'vertical' offense for Trubisky. I'd also like a guy who has shown some ability to incorporate more of the 'college' schemes we're seeing in places like KC and Philly.

Ditto, I believe that's the way the game is going.

See the Rams yesterday? Jesus.

Who is their OC, LaFluer? I'd take im as a HC/OC.

Except LeFluer doesn't call the plays. He's just the OC in title. Sean McVay is the brains behind that operation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:51 am 
MVP

Reputation point: 29
I find it really hard to grade Loggains this year. Between the abject lack of receivers, the inexperienced rookie QB, a defence that has been lights out and a conservative head coach.

I thought he did well with the QB shitshow last year which inclines me to give him a pass for now. Overall I suspect that his tenure is tied to Fox's for at least next year. With a new HC he's gone (perhaps unless that HC is Fangio which I don't expect). If Fox stays, so does he.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:13 am 
Hall of Famer

Reputation point: 75
mshu7 wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
G08 wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:
While Kubiak would definitely be an improvement - I'd prefer a little more 'vertical' offense for Trubisky. I'd also like a guy who has shown some ability to incorporate more of the 'college' schemes we're seeing in places like KC and Philly.

Except LeFluer doesn't call the plays. He's just the OC in title. Sean McVay is the brains behind that operation.

OK...good to know. I wasn't aware.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:43 am 
Hall of Famer

Reputation point: 108
mshu7 wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
G08 wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:

Yeah, it's all McVay.

If Dowell Loggains is such a "Jedi master", why can't he incorporate some of what the Rams and Chiefs are doing? We have (some) of the personnel to run it effectively, damnit!

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

In that Flipmode

Clarence wrote:
Ps G08 is a moran [ :thumbsup: ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:52 am 
Hall of Famer

Fox said that the game plans have been the way they are because of protection and the matchups we have with our receivers and tight ends.

So... we can't protect the kid, and our receiving targets suck, basically. With Miller going down, he thinks that Shaheen will probably be utilized more.

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

In that Flipmode

Clarence wrote:
Ps G08 is a moran [ :thumbsup: ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:55 am 
Hall of Famer

the Bears WR's

some sad shit right there ... Loggains needs to pull his head out and have his receivers do the same

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:06 pm 
MVP

Reputation point: 29
G08 wrote:

If Dowell Loggains is such a "Jedi master", why can't he incorporate some of what the Rams and Chiefs are doing? We have (some) of the personnel to run it effectively, damnit!

Bit harsh! When the bits that the some doesn't incorporate are QB and receivers it does make it pretty difficult. Sure Trubisky has some talent but we all knew he was going to be raw and it's clear that he's being protected from doing too much.

I really feel it'll be virtually impossible to grade Loggains' season with anything but an incomplete*.

*No pun intended but I'm quite happy with the outcome.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:49 pm 
Rookie

Reputation point: 1
I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm all for keeping Loggains next year. I think the consistency of working with the same oc will greatly benefit Mitch. Loggains isn't a world beater, but I see potential and would like to see what he could do with a hc who lets him open things up. I saw this on the other day and thought it was informative and gave a little insight into the play calling. I'm not sure if it's been posted on here yet, if so my apologies.

https://youtu.be/DepjHeXxmZE

Also, I'm not sure why he keeps mentioning C.J. Beathard on the video. Comparison maybe?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:07 pm 
Hall of Famer

BearBudMan wrote:
https://youtu.be/DepjHeXxmZE

Also, I'm not sure why he keeps mentioning C.J. Beathard on the video. Comparison maybe?

or maybe just an idiot doing his best to try to imitate professional talking heads and being bad at it? if you're going to waste the time to throw a video on youtube, the least you should be able to do is get the players and teams right

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:06 pm 
MVP

Reputation point: 13
Face it, Loggains has been tasked with trying to make a gallon of chicken salad with a half a cup of chicken shit.

We literally have Zero WR's and blocking talent/unproven TE's playing with a rookie QB. He could call a flea flicker every play, have all 11 men on defense bite and our WR's would be running bubble screens, fall down, go out of bounds, trip running into a ref or drop the ball.

Seriously, our receivers are like watching a benny hill comedy re-run.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next