If we have an OC opening next year...

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:
G08 wrote:Reminds me a shit-ton of Cameron Meredith, which is a good thing in my book..
I was thinking the exact same thing this week. Very similar look out there.

Read a lot of Chargers fans on other forums saying that we got a steal, to be honest. He's well liked out there.
Please share!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Adipost
MVP

Are Fox and company capable of doing something like this for Trubisky?

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2QEiF8r7mGB7umhG/giphy.gif
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Adipost wrote:Are Fox and company capable of doing something like this for Trubisky?

This isn’t an all-that complex play, but Foxy is a DC, so no. Dowell, maybe.

I will note, that’s a look at Watson’s ability to go through progression, or find his #1. That’s a TD if it’s thrown on time.
G08
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:Are Fox and company capable of doing something like this for Trubisky?

Nope.

G08
Hall of Famer

Some damning stuff on Loggains and Fox...

http://wgnradio.com/2017/11/15/hoges-10 ... s-offense/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Some damning stuff on Loggains and Fox...

http://wgnradio.com/2017/11/15/hoges-10 ... s-offense/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
as if we actually needed more evidence

Fox making his idiot statements after the Goon Bay game really surprised me - "well, we can't play our most effective offensive player because we know the defense is trying to take him away"

wtf kind of statement was that from a head coach?

is their plan to be so passive on offense so they don't upset the opposing defense?

more evidence of the stupid :

Bears stupidity holds Tarik Cohen hostage, and that’s why we can’t have nice things
Anybody have a pick route the Bears can borrow?

How about a crossing route? Does someone have a spare the Bears can use to get Tarik Cohen open?

The Bears, see, apparently don’t have anything in their playbook to get their scariest offensive player open if, heaven forbid, an opponent double-teams Cohen. That’s what the Packers did Sunday, and that was it. The Bears surrendered their best weapon at the door. Cohen was on the field for just 13 snaps. He ran the ball once for one yard. He caught one pass for 10. You get tired just counting all of it, don't you?

By the way, that one catch matched Cohen’s single-game high since Mitch Trubisky became the starter. One. One catch for the player the offensive coordinator a month ago called “the best playmaker we have.’’ Not many teams develop game plans aimed at making a potential franchise quarterback worse, but ladies and gentlemen, John Fox’s Bears are right here for you with that.

The Bears can’t figure out how to spring a fast guy and can’t figure out how to use him enough as a decoy to make other players better. The Stupid-O-Meter needs a new motherboard. And that's why we can't have nice things.
:angry:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

I'd say I'm shocked about these comments from Fox and Loggains just that I'm not anymore
Wounded Bear
MVP

Boris13c wrote:
G08 wrote:Some damning stuff on Loggains and Fox...

as if we actually needed more evidence

Fox making his idiot statements after the Goon Bay game really surprised me - "well, we can't play our most effective offensive player because we know the defense is trying to take him away"

wtf kind of statement was that from a head coach?

is their plan to be so passive on offense so they don't upset the opposing defense?

more evidence of the stupid :

Bears stupidity holds Tarik Cohen hostage, and that’s why we can’t have nice things
Anybody have a pick route the Bears can borrow?

How about a crossing route? Does someone have a spare the Bears can use to get Tarik Cohen open?

The Bears, see, apparently don’t have anything in their playbook to get their scariest offensive player open if, heaven forbid, an opponent double-teams Cohen. That’s what the Packers did Sunday, and that was it. The Bears surrendered their best weapon at the door. Cohen was on the field for just 13 snaps. He ran the ball once for one yard. He caught one pass for 10. You get tired just counting all of it, don't you?

By the way, that one catch matched Cohen’s single-game high since Mitch Trubisky became the starter. One. One catch for the player the offensive coordinator a month ago called “the best playmaker we have.’’ Not many teams develop game plans aimed at making a potential franchise quarterback worse, but ladies and gentlemen, John Fox’s Bears are right here for you with that.

The Bears can’t figure out how to spring a fast guy and can’t figure out how to use him enough as a decoy to make other players better. The Stupid-O-Meter needs a new motherboard. And that's why we can't have nice things.
:angry:
Part of the problem is that we have a young QB who is flat out missing the open receivers. I saw a ton of open receivers last Sunday against Green Bay.

It was too soon to start this kid and now we're seeing why.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson