Which TE Steps into Biggest Pass Catching Role?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

GSH wrote:TBU is back on the market I hear
Already scooped up.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Richie
MVP

Moriarty wrote:
Already scooped up.
I wouldn't take that guy back on the Bears if you paid me.
malk
Head Coach

Richie wrote:
Moriarty wrote:
Already scooped up.
If they paid me, yeah I'd let him back on the Bears.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
G08
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:
Richie wrote:
Moriarty wrote:
Already scooped up.
:lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Adipost
MVP

Boris13c wrote:still not sure why Shaheen hasn't gotten more jump ball opportunities in the passing game ... that seemed to be his specialty based on the college highlights I've seen

so I'd like to see Shaheen morph into our version of Travis Kelce, though I'm pretty sure Shaheen is not as athletic, so it would be a scaled down version ... should still be effective though
I saw him split out at WR a couple of times while Glennnon was still QB.
Richie
MVP

malk wrote:
Richie wrote:
Moriarty wrote:
Already scooped up.
Lol, yeah... you're right.

I just think that guy is THE WORST.

Already reports coming out about how he did nothing but bitch after Rodgers went down. Talked out loud about retiring, and it's speculated he was sort of faking injury. Suddenly saying "I can't go"... "I can't go".

Ugh... Nothing like a guy who quits when the going gets tough. Then, trashes your organization after he leaves. Like he has with... everybody? I think.

Only reason NE likes him, is because they only had him in the midst of a SB run. What was there to bitch about?
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
Boris13c wrote:still not sure why Shaheen hasn't gotten more jump ball opportunities in the passing game ... that seemed to be his specialty based on the college highlights I've seen

so I'd like to see Shaheen morph into our version of Travis Kelce, though I'm pretty sure Shaheen is not as athletic, so it would be a scaled down version ... should still be effective though

maybe the rest of us would have noticed that too had Glennon actually thrown a pass to him ... if he did, I don't remember it
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Richie
MVP

Boris13c wrote:
Adipost wrote:

maybe the rest of us would have noticed that too had Glennon actually thrown a pass to him ... if he did, I don't remember it
He threw him that wide-open touchdown vs Pittsburgh.

3:21

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
Adipost wrote:

well shucky darn and slop the chickens - I did forget that
George Carlin
Richie
MVP

Boris13c wrote:
Richie wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
Adipost wrote:

Well, it's understandable.

Not much of a throw... or a catch for that matter. I think you and I could have made that happen after the way Pittsburgh bit on that play-action. Shooting fish in a barrel.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Richie wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
Richie wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
Adipost wrote:

Well, it's understandable.

Not much of a throw... or a catch for that matter. I think you and I could have made that happen after the way Pittsburgh bit on that play-action. Shooting fish in a barrel.
Wait a tick here. You're saying that play action sometimes works to fool a defense?

Somebody get Dowell on the phone. This is ground breaking info he could stand to have in front of him.

(And yes, I'm aware he called that play also. But don't piss in my cheerios.)
ramentaschen
Assistant Coach

Looks like Sims is questionable "with an illness" this week. Sounds like he's not going to play so....Shaheen and Brown should get heavy use on Sunday I think
malk
Head Coach

Richie wrote:
malk wrote:
Richie wrote:
Moriarty wrote:
Already scooped up.
Lol, yeah... you're right.

I just think that guy is THE WORST.

Already reports coming out about how he did nothing but bitch after Rodgers went down. Talked out loud about retiring, and it's speculated he was sort of faking injury. Suddenly saying "I can't go"... "I can't go".

Ugh... Nothing like a guy who quits when the going gets tough. Then, trashes your organization after he leaves. Like he has with... everybody? I think.

Only reason NE likes him, is because they only had him in the midst of a SB run. What was there to bitch about?
I've got to admit to a grudging respect for TBU. Everyone knows he gives zero fucks about football bar getting paid and winning (second). He's not putting his body on the line for nothing and I can kinda respect that.

He's absolutely not the kind of player you want on your side unless its a very short term for a playoff run and it's a douché way to play but I can see where he's coming from.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Here's what I want to know. After that great catch and run by Shaheen against the Packers, where was he the rest of the day?? Why couldn't they try and get him the ball again?
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Here's what I want to know. After that great catch and run by Shaheen against the Packers, where was he the rest of the day?? Why couldn't they try and get him the ball again?

because his successful play was a trick Dowell pulled out of his pocket and his personal crayon written book of rules about offense tells him he can't use tricks more than once or twice a game
George Carlin
wab
Mod

All I know, is that when Shaheen gets the ball in the open, that dude can move.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:All I know, is that when Shaheen gets the ball in the open, that dude can move.
Hell yes he can move. That's why you drafted him! GET HIM THE BALL. Jesus H. Christ this team is frustrating. Are we all completely naive about playcalling and football, or is there something to this idea that Loggains is in way over his head? Is Fox the one dictating the play calling strategy??
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
wab wrote:All I know, is that when Shaheen gets the ball in the open, that dude can move.
Hell yes he can move. That's why you drafted him! GET HIM THE BALL. Jesus H. Christ this team is frustrating. Are we all completely naive about playcalling and football, or is there something to this idea that Loggains is in way over his head? Is Fox the one dictating the play calling strategy??
I think Fox dictates the gameplan, but I'm also thinking Loggains is so far in over his head as a predictable OC. After Shaheen had his catches they why away from him rest of game. He's a dam mismatch for almost any lb and certainly can out muscle a DB. He's being misused shocker I know.
G08
Hall of Famer

Look at Alvin Kamara in New Orleans, that's what we should be doing with Tariq man.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

G08 wrote:Look at Alvin Kamara in New Orleans, that's what we should be doing with Tariq man.
We will next year when we have Carmichael as our HC. Hoping to anyway. Or Nagy would utilize him like Hill in KC
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I really liked what I saw out of Shaheen today. He showed some nice hands, and good catch radius. Much like Cohen, I think that given a little space, Shaheen can be a difference maker. After watching the game today, to Ryan Pace's credit, they are amassing some nice young players.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:I really liked what I saw out of Shaheen today. He showed some nice hands, and good catch radius. Much like Cohen, I think that given a little space, Shaheen can be a difference maker. After watching the game today, to Ryan Pace's credit, they are amassing some nice young players.
I was going to say the same thing. On one of his catches, I took note of the route on the replay. Square and well done. I'm surprised he's contributing this early. If he could loose a few pounds, focus on his speed and get a tick faster, he looks like he could really be something. But as it is, he moves well enough and has the size to body out defenders.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
docc
Head Coach

I think Shaheen can be the GOODS.. Good route..a rook learning..decent blocker..
Trubisky
Cohen
Shaheen

and to second year
Howard..
Now get us stable and UNINJURED WRs..
Firm up the line..

Draft ,,
YOGABBA
Rookie

I was very impressed with the catch down the middle in the first quarter where he bullied the defender. That was a solid.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Anyone else wonder after watching Shaheen last few weeks if he could've been doing this all year?
wab
Mod

bearsfaninaz wrote:Anyone else wonder after watching Shaheen last few weeks if he could've been doing this all year?
No, not really. For whatever reason, he couldn't keep his feet under him after a catch early on. Sort of like how Bellamy used to jump to catch every ball, regardless of whether or not he actually needed to.
BR0D1E86
MVP

wab wrote:
bearsfaninaz wrote:Anyone else wonder after watching Shaheen last few weeks if he could've been doing this all year?
No, not really. For whatever reason, he couldn't keep his feet under him after a catch early on. Sort of like how Bellamy used to jump to catch every ball, regardless of whether or not he actually needed to.
Yeah, I think his adjustment period was pretty steep. I'm glad he's getting some experience now though. He looks like he could have a big year next season if he had a good offseason of training.
Adipost
MVP

Much like Jordan Howard last season, it only took 2 injuries for Shaheen to see the field.
G08
Hall of Famer

I think I'd like to see this kid trim down to about 260 and see if it unlocks even more speed/quickness. I liked what I saw from him yesterday.

BR0D1E86
MVP

G08 wrote:I think I'd like to see this kid trim down to about 260 and see if it unlocks even more speed/quickness. I liked what I saw from him yesterday.
So you want him to switch to the naked burrito bowls?