View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:05 pm 
Journeyman

Reputation point: 5
G08 wrote:
Hematite wrote:
G08 wrote:
Hematite wrote:
wab wrote:
crueltyabc wrote:
I think I’ve been less impressed than a lot of guys on this board but see no reason to believe he will be bad. If it turns out he’s a serviceable game manager type guy, then at least we have a cheap one for a few years while we look to add weapons around him etc. considering how often guys are just straight busts, I’m not complaining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you saw him get more comfortable yesterday. He doesn't have great pocket awareness, and you can tell his timing with the merry go round or WR's is off...but I think that will come with experience and a consistent group of weapons. I'm just glad they finally opened it up a bit for him.

He can be our Alex Smith and I would be more than OK with that. But even Alex needed the right coaching to reach his potential. Does anybody really believe this staff can do that for Trubs?

Nope... but know who has been working daily with Alex Smith?

Matt Nagy.

An Andy Reid disciple with Mitch Trubisky could be a match made in heaven. I'd go balls to the walls if this were to happen!

It's worth a look, I would think. The guy played the position and has been with Reid for 10 seasons.

Good or bad, I see Carmichael Jr. as being more in line with Pace. It's a copycat league and Pace has done nothing to hide his copying of the Saints blueprint. I believe Carmichael Jr. runs a Coryell based offense, whereas Nagy obviously is west coast. With Trubisky's talents and factoring in the weather in Chicago, which system do you all believe would work best here?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:18 pm 
MVP

Reputation point: 3
With the way the saints are running the ball and staying somewhat balanced on offense lately, Carmichael is intriguing. I'm just not sure if he's HC material?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:33 pm 
MVP

Reputation point: 13
Atkins&Rebel wrote:
I think Trubisky's main problem is two-fold IMO.t

1. He has a conservative coach who is handcuffing him and telling him to stick to the play...maybe for good reason, but at some point Fox and Loggains need to just turn him loose and hope he grows from his mistakes on turnovers, instead of the lack of them by eating the ball when he could throw it away or force a ball and try to let his receiver make a play.

2. Nothing in this offense is natural to him yet.

He has to think about all the verbiage; he has to think about keeping his mechanics just right; he has to think about where the receivers are supposed to be in each play and then adjust to where they actually are; he has to think about pressure and protections and he has to think about not making turnovers and trying to gauge when it's OK to take a shot on any given play.

None of this is 2nd nature to him yet, especially given how much he has to worry about playing in the conservative format Fox has dictated.
Excellent points. I'd add that certain necessary "time" skills just aren't natural to him yet. Like having to get rid of the ball before "thousand five". And processing the pre-snap stuff while keeping an eye on the play clock.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:46 pm 
Hall of Famer

Reputation point: 108
Hematite wrote:
G08 wrote:
Hematite wrote:
G08 wrote:
Hematite wrote:
wab wrote:
I think you saw him get more comfortable yesterday. He doesn't have great pocket awareness, and you can tell his timing with the merry go round or WR's is off...but I think that will come with experience and a consistent group of weapons. I'm just glad they finally opened it up a bit for him.

He can be our Alex Smith and I would be more than OK with that. But even Alex needed the right coaching to reach his potential. Does anybody really believe this staff can do that for Trubs?

Nope... but know who has been working daily with Alex Smith?

Matt Nagy.

An Andy Reid disciple with Mitch Trubisky could be a match made in heaven. I'd go balls to the walls if this were to happen!

It's worth a look, I would think. The guy played the position and has been with Reid for 10 seasons.

Good or bad, I see Carmichael Jr. as being more in line with Pace. It's a copycat league and Pace has done nothing to hide his copying of the Saints blueprint. I believe Carmichael Jr. runs a Coryell based offense, whereas Nagy obviously is west coast. With Trubisky's talents and factoring in the weather in Chicago, which system do you all believe would work best here?

We've tried both in Chicago... I'd prefer Nagy only because it *should* be similar verbiage and footwork for Trubisky. Payton I don't believe employs the various drops that Martz did when he brought his Coryell system here.

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

In that Flipmode

Clarence wrote:
Ps G08 is a moran [ :thumbsup: ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:25 pm 
MVP

Reputation point: 3
Nagy? Really? I just don't see him having enough experience as an OC let alone promoting him to a HC.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:23 pm 
Mod

Reputation point: 15
1st if all:
Everyone has the right to be potentially salty after a loss, & the title of the post shouldn't be off limits, who knows... Maybe Trib Ain't that good..
(Only Time will tell)

2ndly:
Don't create thoughtlessly controversial, emotionally driven, overreaction posts.
Please.

(This post is CLEARLY all of those things)

Last Point:
Good for you; you got yourself a 6+ thread with your name next to it!
Don't confuse # of responses with popularity.
This isn't the kind of attention that you'll enjoy for long.

I look forward to reading less dumb things from some of you sooner.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:49 pm 
Pro Bowler

Pagan wrote:
1st if all:
Everyone has the right to be potentially salty after a loss, & the title of the post shouldn't be off limits, who knows... Maybe Trib Ain't that good..
(Only Time will tell)

2ndly:
Don't create thoughtlessly controversial, emotionally driven, overreaction posts.
Please.

Last Point:

Yup.

I really have no problem in what I am seeing. AT ALL.

We are seeing someone develop, and that's a good thing. Pretty sure he could go out there and sling the ball aroundd but what can come of that? A few more TDs mixed in with 2ints a game? Only time will tell with any developing rookie QBs. He may not be "winning games" for the Bears, but he isn't loosing them either. As a fan, I actually look forward to games on sundays now. Not because I expect a win or see anything of greatness of sorts. But I get to watch someone progress, even if it's slow progress. Most of us are not delusional enough to think the Bears are going to win a championship this year. So this is kind of a perfect situation right now where your Potential Franchise QB is gaining a ton of experience without numbers good or bad, but he is still gaining knowledge. He has shown he has the skill so what they are doing with him is good IMO. For the long term.... loosing these games isn't a terrible thing either, the team has shown some things to be happy about. loosing these games stinks a bit but we will get a better draft pick so...

I don't know, my glass is 3/4 full and can give two shits what the negative Nancy's say at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:32 pm 
Crafty Veteran

Reputation point: 20
46Blitz wrote:
Pagan wrote:
1st if all:
(Only Time will tell)

2ndly:
Please.

Last Point:

Yup.

I really have no problem in what I am seeing. AT ALL.

We are seeing someone develop, and that's a good thing. Pretty sure he could go out there and sling the ball aroundd but what can come of that? A few more TDs mixed in with 2ints a game? Only time will tell with any developing rookie QBs. He may not be "winning games" for the Bears, but he isn't loosing them either. As a fan, I actually look forward to games on sundays now. Not because I expect a win or see anything of greatness of sorts. But I get to watch someone progress, even if it's slow progress. Most of us are not delusional enough to think the Bears are going to win a championship this year. So this is kind of a perfect situation right now where your Potential Franchise QB is gaining a ton of experience without numbers good or bad, but he is still gaining knowledge. He has shown he has the skill so what they are doing with him is good IMO. For the long term.... loosing these games isn't a terrible thing either, the team has shown some things to be happy about. loosing these games stinks a bit but we will get a better draft pick so...

I don't know, my glass is 3/4 full and can give two shits what the negative Nancy's say at this point.

:clap:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:44 pm 
Practice Squad

Reputation point: 9
Not really trying to be overly negative and don't really need the lecture on making a thread or posting about a subject to whoever that guy was up above this post that is being super critical, but I do think ya gotta prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Just saying, Tru might never show anything unless the right stuff is around him. Bears need to get Tru consistency but he can't get anything like that his first year.

Then they fire the coaches? Tru will have a new system to learn. Tru will have to get his mechanics fixed, Tru will have to be coachable by a whole new staff. Then what happens if they don't get results, say it's freaking McDaniels? Now they start to ruin Tru like all the other QBs we've had since Jim Miller.

There are quarterbacks that come in and make wins happen, and there are projects. Tru needs some work.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:11 pm 
Journeyman

PapaDongo wrote:
Not really trying to be overly negative and don't really need the lecture on making a thread or posting about a subject to whoever that guy was up above this post that is being super critical, but I do think ya gotta prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Just saying, Tru might never show anything unless the right stuff is around him. Bears need to get Tru consistency but he can't get anything like that his first year.

Then they fire the coaches? Tru will have a new system to learn. Tru will have to get his mechanics fixed, Tru will have to be coachable by a whole new staff. Then what happens if they don't get results, say it's freaking McDaniels? Now they start to ruin Tru like all the other QBs we've had since Jim Miller.

There are quarterbacks that come in and make wins happen, and there are projects. Tru needs some work.

I agree! Switching to competent offensive coaches has done nothing good for Goff. I'd rather Trubisky hand off every first down and try his hardest to complete 3rd and longs his whole career while under pressure. Because that is the winning formula for developing a QB.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next