Every single pass completed by Tru against the Pack

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Cutler somehow always seems to pop up in a conversation or 2 ... even when he wasn't playing and now even though he isn't on the team

Jay Cutler = Jeff George

* strong arms
* stubborn
* physically gifted but mentally challenged
* same amount of championship hardware

so no, I do not want Trubisky following that same path as some alluded to ...
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
BR0D1E86
MVP

Boris13c wrote:Cutler somehow always seems to pop up in a conversation or 2 ... even when he wasn't playing and now even though he isn't on the team

Jay Cutler = Jeff George

* strong arms
* stubborn

While absolutely true that we want and need Trubisky to be better than Cutler in several ways, the difference is Cutler was doing that stuff as a seasoned vet. He was what he was. Turnovers from Trubisky would be frustrating, but more forgivable than Cutler, provided he learns from them and matures. Something Cutler never did.

And the simple fact is (at least I consider is a fact), they're setting up Trubisky to fail anyway by the vast majority of his attempts being on either second or third and long.
wab
Mod

BR0D1E86 wrote:
Boris13c wrote:Cutler somehow always seems to pop up in a conversation or 2 ... even when he wasn't playing and now even though he isn't on the team

Jay Cutler = Jeff George

* strong arms
* stubborn

While absolutely true that we want and need Trubisky to be better than Cutler in several ways, the difference is Cutler was doing that stuff as a seasoned vet. He was what he was. Turnovers from Trubisky would be frustrating, but more forgivable than Cutler, provided he learns from them and matures. Something Cutler never did.

And the simple fact is (at least I consider is a fact), they're setting up Trubisky to fail anyway by the vast majority of his attempts being on either second or third and long.
My point is that Cutler never LEARNED to take a sack. My hope is that with experience and playing time, Trubisky starts to trust what he sees and knows when it's ok to take that risk and when it's not. He's a little risk averse right now, and that's ok. He knows that he can't put the offense in a bad position when the margin for error is already really slim.

If I have one complaint about Trubisky right now is that he needs to understand when to throw the ball away vs taking a sack.
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

wab wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:

Jay Cutler = Jeff George

* strong arms
* stubborn

My point is that Cutler never LEARNED to take a sack. My hope is that with experience and playing time, Trubisky starts to trust what he sees and knows when it's ok to take that risk and when it's not. He's a little risk averse right now, and that's ok. He knows that he can't put the offense in a bad position when the margin for error is already really slim.

If I have one complaint about Trubisky right now is that he needs to understand when to throw the ball away vs taking a sack.
Glad people are finally coming around to the fact Tru is taking sacks on purpose. I agree next step is for Tru to get better at throwing it away and then next level CHIT is when Tru feels the rush and evades it for a completion but he gwan need some actual talent at WR to do that stuff.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

PapaDongo wrote:Glad people are finally coming around to the fact Tru is taking sacks on purpose.
I haven't

and I still don't think that is being referred

maybe it is just my perception on how this is being phrased, so let's discuss it

to me, "taking a sack on purpose" means dropping back and then simply going down and surrendering yourself ... play over ... you want to see a real tainted one, watch the replay of when Favre did exactly that so Michael Strahan could tap him down and get the sack record

[video][/video]

I haven't seen Trubisky do that once ... has he and I missed it?
George Carlin
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

Boris13c wrote:
PapaDongo wrote:Glad people are finally coming around to the fact Tru is taking sacks on purpose.
I haven't

and I still don't think that is being referred

maybe it is just my perception on how this is being phrased, so let's discuss it

to me, "taking a sack on purpose" means dropping back and then simply going down and surrendering yourself ... play over ... you want to see a real tainted one, watch the replay of when Favre did exactly that so Michael Strahan could tap him down and get the sack record

[video][/video]

I haven't seen Trubisky do that once ... has he and I missed it?
I already told you I'm not getting into it with you about this subject so I aint.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

PapaDongo wrote:I already told you I'm not getting into it with you about this subject so I aint.
so you're happy to spew forth with your opinion but not open to an actual discussion?

noted
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

This conversation is slowly making me dumber. Please, everyone, if a comment is blatantly mind-numbing, do your best to simply ignore it and carry on a higher quality of discussion.