View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:41 am 
Hall of Famer

Reputation point: 75
RustyTrubisky wrote:
god damn grasu was on skates the entire game. trubs rarely could completely step into his throws because the pocket was always collapsing in front of him. grasu probably should have been called for holding on the wide open throw to inman. (1:00).

i would actually love to see all his misses now, and see how the collapsing pocket is hurting his mechanics.

also, i'm smitten with inman. it stood out in his chargers highlights and we saw it today: dude's a natural hands catcher.

When we traded for Inman, that was the first thing I noticed. He catches with his hands as well as anyone I've seen. Very, very fluid as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:56 am 
Mod

Reputation point: 137
I'm still not sure why everyone is so upset about Trubisky taking sacks when there's nothing there. Especially after we just ran a guy out of town who did a lot of what you guys are suggesting Trubisky do.

Bears have 10yr vet who is an athletic gunslinger with huge arm that tries to make something out of nothing, with solid talent around him, which still works against him more often than not. Bears fans hate him for it and chastise coaches for not telling him to be more careful with the ball. Bears ultimately run him out of town.

Bears have rookie that has started like 16 games since high school who is an athletic gunslinger with huge arm that tries to protect the ball rather than make something out of nothing, with less than adequate talent around him. Bears fans don't hate him for it because he's not the other guy, but chastise coaches for apparently turning him into a pussy.

#Bearsfans

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:02 am 
Hall of Famer

Reputation point: 108
The Josh Bellamy play rings true in my head, I'm of the opinion if he wasn't coached to eat it unless the play was wide open, he would have completed that pass.

And for the record, I loved Jay Cutler :)

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

In that Flipmode

Clarence wrote:
Ps G08 is a moran [ :thumbsup: ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:03 am 
Journeyman

Reputation point: 5
I watched most of Brian Hoyers highlights last year when we were moving the ball easily between the 20's (trying to see the difference in playcalling, etc.) and I will say this; the offensive line has pass blocked horribly this year compared to last. The pocket or what you would call one, has been collapsing like a lawn chair with a fat guy sitting in it all season. It needs to be fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:08 am 
Journeyman

wab wrote:
I'm still not sure why everyone is so upset about Trubisky taking sacks when there's nothing there. Especially after we just ran a guy out of town who did a lot of what you guys are suggesting Trubisky do.

Bears have 10yr vet who is an athletic gunslinger with huge arm that tries to make something out of nothing, with solid talent around him, which still works against him more often than not. Bears fans hate him for it and chastise coaches for not telling him to be more careful with the ball. Bears ultimately run him out of town.

Bears have rookie that has started like 16 games since high school who is an athletic gunslinger with huge arm that tries to protect the ball rather than make something out of nothing, with less than adequate talent around him. Bears fans don't hate him for it because he's not the other guy, but chastise coaches for apparently turning him into a pussy.

#Bearsfans

I agree to a point. But Cutler literally could not hit the broadside of a barn. He had a big arm, but very little in accuracy. YAC stats for receivers seemed nil because of this. On the other hand, for me at least, I believe Trubisky has far better ball placement which gives some leeway. Accuracy and pin point placement is what makes Brees and Rodgers far better than most. Hopefully, Trubisky can use this supposed accuracy that Pace talked about someday to be a star as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:33 am 
Practice Squad

Reputation point: 9
wab wrote:

#Bearsfans

Honestly I'd rather see him slang it around and risk the INT instead of taking a sack on purpose or maybe just throw it away like he did before he started taking the sacks 3 games ago, taking sacks like he does is for cucks. I think the coaches are turning him into a puss with that CHIT, it definitely wasn't his style of play in his short career as a college starter. Let him have the bad games as a rook so he can develop into a star, what good is watching the tape on Mondays and getting slapped on the ass by your coaches for not fumbling while you go to the ground?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:35 am 
Hall of Famer

Reputation point: 108
Hematite wrote:
wab wrote:

#Bearsfans

I agree to a point. But Cutler literally could not hit the broadside of a barn. He had a big arm, but very little in accuracy. YAC stats for receivers seemed nil because of this. On the other hand, for me at least, I believe Trubisky has far better ball placement which gives some leeway. Accuracy and pin point placement is what makes Brees and Rodgers far better than most. Hopefully, Trubisky can use this supposed accuracy that Pace talked about someday to be a star as well.

Figuratively; I've seen him drop 40 yard back shoulder dimes so that statement is patently false. A career 62.1% completion percentage discredits it as well.

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

In that Flipmode

Clarence wrote:
Ps G08 is a moran [ :thumbsup: ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:51 am 
Journeyman

G08 wrote:
Hematite wrote:
wab wrote:

#Bearsfans

Figuratively; I've seen him drop 40 yard back shoulder dimes so that statement is patently false. A career 62.1% completion percentage discredits it as well.

OK, I can agree with that to a point as well. But his lack of consistent mechanics, cloudy judgement and total trust in his arm put this team in a lot of bad situations as seen by his TD/INT ratio which is second worst of all active QB's in the league with at least 1500 pass attempts. I've never thought of Cutler as an accurate passer compared to the likes of Rodgers and Brees. Maybe I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:16 am 
Mod

PapaDongo wrote:
wab wrote:

#Bearsfans

Honestly I'd rather see him slang it around and risk the INT instead of taking a sack on purpose or maybe just throw it away like he did before he started taking the sacks 3 games ago, taking sacks like he does is for cucks. I think the coaches are turning him into a puss with that CHIT, it definitely wasn't his style of play in his short career as a college starter. Let him have the bad games as a rook so he can develop into a star, what good is watching the tape on Mondays and getting slapped on the ass by your coaches for not fumbling while you go to the ground?

Yeah. Protecting the ball rather than throwing it into coverage because you don't have a WR that can separate is totally for "cucks".

Protect the ball, don't develop bad habits, learn the game, get better. Sounds super stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:17 am 
Mod

G08 wrote:
The Josh Bellamy play rings true in my head, I'm of the opinion if he wasn't coached to eat it unless the play was wide open, he would have completed that pass.

And for the record, I loved Jay Cutler :)

So did I. Pretty sure we were the only ones. But the easiest way to turn everyone against you and shake your confidence as a rookie QB is to sling the ball all over the field with no weapons and throw a shit ton of picks. Aside from the predictability of the offense, I have zero problems with how Trubisky is being handled.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next