If we have an OC opening next year...

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Hiphopopotamos
Head Coach

While Kubiak would definitely be an improvement - I'd prefer a little more 'vertical' offense for Trubisky. I'd also like a guy who has shown some ability to incorporate more of the 'college' schemes we're seeing in places like KC and Philly.
Holy Shit - We got Justin Fields!

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.
G08
Hall of Famer

Hiphopopotamos wrote:While Kubiak would definitely be an improvement - I'd prefer a little more 'vertical' offense for Trubisky. I'd also like a guy who has shown some ability to incorporate more of the 'college' schemes we're seeing in places like KC and Philly.
Ditto, I believe that's the way the game is going.

See the Rams yesterday? Jesus.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Well if Loggains is launched and Foxie is here, probably will be a little difficult to bring someone new in if Fox is seen to have limited time left. I think the only way Bears get new OC is if the house is cleaned.
Adipost
MVP

Kubiak would be a tremendous acquisition as OC. He made Matt Schaub look like an elite franchise qb with that heavy play action, rollout offense.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

Would love to see Kubiak as OC - but that probably means Fox is gone. I can't see Fox firing Loggains and then hiring the guy who replaced him in Denver. There has to be some hard feelings.

Now if Fangio stays as head coach and let's Kubiak run the offense, that would be sweet.
G08
Hall of Famer

This is going to be so annoying to watch unfold.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Mr.Irrelevant wrote:I can't see Fox firing Loggains and then hiring the guy who replaced him in Denver. There has to be some hard feelings.
Why? John Elway made the decision and Kubiak happens to be a good coach who Elway knew very well. I think Foxie is one of those guys who knows the business of NFL coaching. If hiring Kubiak would help him be more successful, I don't think Fox would blink an eye before bringing him in.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

YOGABBA
Rookie

I'd go John Shoop.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

Mikefive wrote:
Mr.Irrelevant wrote:I can't see Fox firing Loggains and then hiring the guy who replaced him in Denver. There has to be some hard feelings.
Why? John Elway made the decision and Kubiak happens to be a good coach who Elway knew very well. I think Foxie is one of those guys who knows the business of NFL coaching. If hiring Kubiak would help him be more successful, I don't think Fox would blink an eye before bringing him in.
Why? Because he's human. He had a team that was literally poised to win the Superbowl yanked out from under him, and it seemed like Elway and Kubiak had an agreement made before Fox was fired. I'd be resentful.

If Fox does stick around and feels the need to fire Loggains, I'm sure there are other potential OC's he'd turn to first.

Also, if Kubiak is looking to return as on OC, I'm sure the Ravens would take him back in a second.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

What is wrong with keeping an OC that has had mediocre or less success in his carreer? He's cheap! We don't have to worry about another team stealing him. What's not to like?
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Mr.Irrelevant wrote:
Mikefive wrote:
Why? Because he's human. He had a team that was literally poised to win the Superbowl yanked out from under him, and it seemed like Elway and Kubiak had an agreement made before Fox was fired. I'd be resentful.

If Fox does stick around and feels the need to fire Loggains, I'm sure there are other potential OC's he'd turn to first.

Also, if Kubiak is looking to return as on OC, I'm sure the Ravens would take him back in a second.
You could be right, I suppose. I just never thought of Foxie as being emotional like that about other coaches. And you're right that there'll be several options available if we do have an opening.

BR0D1E86
MVP

YOGABBA wrote:I'd go John Shoop.
His offenses were quite a bit more imaginative and deceptive than what we're seeing this year, that's for sure. I mean, that fake jet sweep 8-10 times a game? Mind blowing.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Y'all giving up on Dowell. Not me. If we put weapons around Mitch next year, and keep Vic, I think we could be in for the best coordinator duo in the NFL, biiiiiiiiitch

Whether Foxy is along for the ride, that's the real test
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

alexwilkins wrote:Y'all giving up on Dowell. Not me. If we put weapons around Mitch next year, and keep Vic, I think we could be in for the best coordinator duo in the NFL, biiiiiiiiitch

I think this is sarcasm but I'm not sure.
G08
Hall of Famer

Loggains was talking on the Coaches Show like a coach that thinks he's going to be back next season to continue to build around Mitch.

o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

G08 wrote:Loggains was talking on the Coaches Show like a coach that thinks he's going to be back next season to continue to build around Mitch.

tune in next week: Darrell's in Denial
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Loggains will impress or depress us based on the offensive gameplan against Goon Bay this Sunday

he has had ample video evidence and should (SHOULD) have a much better attack plan after having the bye week to study and come up with improvements

I am thinking positive thoughts on this but really am not sure wtf his problem has been to this point so have no idea what he may be thinking going forward
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

G08 wrote:Loggains was talking on the Coaches Show like a coach that thinks he's going to be back next season to continue to build around Mitch.
Do coaches ever say they don't expect to be back?
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

staleystarch wrote:

I think I remember Del Rio alluding to the team moving on in his waning days in Jacksonville ... he is the only prominent one I remember
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

staleystarch wrote:
I don't know, but he wasn't asked if he expected to be back. I'm going solely off how he was talking about building and developing the offense moving forward.

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

bearsfaninaz wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:Y'all giving up on Dowell. Not me. If we put weapons around Mitch next year, and keep Vic, I think we could be in for the best coordinator duo in the NFL, biiiiiiiiitch

I think this is sarcasm but I'm not sure.
No way. I really like Dowell.
G08
Hall of Famer

FWIW... Matt Hasselbeck is a big fan of Dowell Loggains, thinks that Fox put the handcuffs on him... he called him a bit of a Jedi Master/Ninja Warrior drawing up pass plays and pass protections.

bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

G08 wrote:FWIW... Matt Hasselbeck is a big fan of Dowell Loggains, thinks that Fox put the handcuffs on him... he called him a bit of a Jedi Master/Ninja Warrior drawing up pass plays and pass protections.
Well the force definitely isn't strong with Loggains from what I've seen
Wounded Bear
MVP

In Dowell's defense, I really like the way Trubisky's handing off skills have developed since he took over for Glennon.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
GSH
MVP

Id be happy for Loggains to go if for no reason other than I cant stand his constant nasal sniffing at pressers!! Am i the only one who's noticed and hates it? dude sounds like he's been up all night with the bolivian marching powder. EVERY TIME.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

GSH wrote:Id be happy for Loggains to go if for no reason other than I cant stand his constant nasal sniffing at pressers!! Am i the only one who's noticed and hates it? dude sounds like he's been up all night with the bolivian marching powder. EVERY TIME.
[video][/video]
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

jerry that sweater is out of control
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Wounded Bear wrote:In Dowell's defense, I really like the way Trubisky's handing off skills have developed since he took over for Glennon.
Hard to argue with that.

:clap:
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:While Kubiak would definitely be an improvement - I'd prefer a little more 'vertical' offense for Trubisky. I'd also like a guy who has shown some ability to incorporate more of the 'college' schemes we're seeing in places like KC and Philly.
Ditto, I believe that's the way the game is going.

See the Rams yesterday? Jesus.
Who is their OC, LaFluer? I'd take im as a HC/OC.