View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
 Post subject: Trubisky Vs. Wilson
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 pm 
Pro Bowler

Reputation point: 5
For awhile I have been comparing Trubisky to Wilson. I just see a lot of similarities in the two and how Trubisky should be developed with the same blueprint. Though I view Trubisky developing into a slightly better pocket passer, they both have a skill set and style that is very close. When Wilson started his career as a rookie week one, not much was asked of him. They had a good defense and relied on the run game. Much like the Bears now. Over time as Wilson gained experience they asked more of him each year. In fact, each year his number steadily increased. I encourage you to look at his numbers.

Anyhow, through both of their first 5 games as rookies I just looked at their stats. They are very close. The only major differences (or not so major) are completions who Wilson has 20 more, but Wilson also has 4 more interceptions. Wilson also has 2 more TDs, however we all know Trubisky could easily had 2 more if you have been watching. Either way, both comparisons are very close. Here is the breakdown...

Wilson - Trubisky

ATT ------125/115
COMP ----79/59
YARDS---815/809
TD-----------5/3
INT----------6/2
RUSH-------25/15
RYARD---92/110
*Sacks-----10/16
*FumL-------1/2

*Updated

Although each player and situation is different, I find this to be more telling than comparing other QBs to Mitch. I am sure more can be dug up on these two. Like pressures, sacks, etc. But this is just general stuff and supports my thoughts of the two.

So every time I see someone flipping their lid after a loss and saying how Trubisky "isn't that good" I have to stay confident in him as a fan and realize he just played his 5th stinking game. Also, with each sack taken or missed WR.... I just know it could be soooo much worse and he can get so much better in time.

Post subject: Re: Trubisky Vs. Wilson
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:50 pm 
MVP

Reputation point: 33
^^ Agreed..
Also look at the coach differences between what Wilson had and HAS and what Trubisky has had..and the experience difference coming from college,,

Trubs has the tools to be the GOODS..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:30 am 
Head Coach

Reputation point: 29
docc wrote:
^^ Agreed..
Also look at the coach differences between what Wilson had and HAS and what Trubisky has had..and the experience difference coming from college,,

Trubs has more tools them Wilson. Wilson had those tools honed much more in college and a NFL gamelan to help him. Trubs hasn't had either.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:40 am 
Journeyman

mmmc_35 wrote:
docc wrote:
^^ Agreed..

Trubs has more tools them Wilson. Wilson had those tools honed much more in college and a NFL gamelan to help him. Trubs hasn't had either.

Add to the fact the weapons Wilson has had. It's far to early one way or the other in determining Trub's future greatness/bust.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:53 pm 
Pro Bowler

Hematite wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:
docc wrote:
^^ Agreed..

Add to the fact the weapons Wilson has had. It's far to early one way or the other in determining Trub's future greatness/bust.

Good point on WRs, however at the time Wilson didn't exactly have world beaters. Think they had Tate? I don't remember who else. Certainly better than ours regardless.

Think this all is fun to watch. Bears never really had a QB that I truly felt that would turn into anything. I do now. Obviously time will tell but my gut says so. I am yet to see anything that was "bad" from him thus far. A few minor mistakes, but haven't seen any WTF moments. Hope that continues.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:58 pm 
Player of the Month

Reputation point: 10
46Blitz wrote:
Hematite wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:
docc wrote:
^^ Agreed..

Good point on WRs, however at the time Wilson didn't exactly have world beaters. Think they had Tate? I don't remember who else. Certainly better than ours regardless.

Think this all is fun to watch. Bears never really had a QB that I truly felt that would turn into anything. I do now. Obviously time will tell but my gut says so. I am yet to see anything that was "bad" from him thus far. A few minor mistakes, but haven't seen any WTF moments. Hope that continues.

Their leaders in targets were Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, Zach Miller (sadface), and Doug Baldwin.

Those were at least three competent NFL wide receivers. I legitimately think we have one that would make another NFL roster and receive and playing time at all, and we've had him for one game.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:58 pm 
Assistant Coach

Reputation point: 72
Why the sadface for Zach Miller? He enjoyed a decent 8 year career, won a Super Bowl ring and got most of the £34m from the contract he signed with Seattle before injuring his ankle. Up until his final season he didn't miss many games either.

You're not confusing him with our Zach Miller are you? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:23 pm 
Player of the Month

Reputation point: 10
HisRoyalSweetness wrote:
Why the sadface for Zach Miller? He enjoyed a decent 8 year career, won a Super Bowl ring and got most of the £34m from the contract he signed with Seattle before injuring his ankle. Up until his final season he didn't miss many games either.

You're not confusing him with our Zach Miller are you? ;)

There were two Zach Millers? In that case disregard he sad face. F that guy. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:29 pm 
Head Coach

Reputation point: 74
and they're both tight ends! it's one of life's greatest mysteries.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:43 pm 
Assistant Coach

Reputation point: 72
The other Zach Miller also wore 86 while playing for Seattle, both are similar size (6'5, 255lb vs 6'5 245lb) and they were born in consecutive years just to confuse people further!

Even their twitter accounts are similar: @ZachMiller86 and @ZMiller86. Loads of people on twitter mix them up too so don't feel too bad BR0D1E86.