From Reddit: A look at Pete Carmichael Jr.

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I just want everyone to be prepared for when the Bears don't fire Fox.
Right now following the Packers debacle, this is a really pertinent comment. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure Fox will be back at this point. But the Bears are pretty conservative when it comes to changing coaches. So you could be dead on right.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
botfly10
Player of the Month

Maybe Carmichael Jr would be a great HC for the bears, but that post (the reddit one) is dumb as shit
botfly10
Player of the Month

Mikefive wrote:
wab wrote:I just want everyone to be prepared for when the Bears don't fire Fox.
Right now following the Packers debacle, this is a really pertinent comment. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure Fox will be back at this point. But the Bears are pretty conservative when it comes to changing coaches. So you could be dead on right.
What happens when Fangio bails, Bears fire Loggains as a scapegoat and Fox is a lame duck coach?

Who the fuck are the bears going to bring in at OC and DC to work for a HC with a shit record who is in the last year of his contract? lol, Fox is fucking gone.
BR0D1E86
MVP

botfly10 wrote:
Mikefive wrote:

What happens when Fangio bails, Bears fire Loggains as a scapegoat and Fox is a lame duck coach?

Who the fuck are the bears going to bring in at OC and DC to work for a HC with a shit record who is in the last year of his contract? lol, Fox is fucking gone.
You really can't bring Fox back without extending him. As you say, it sounds like Fangio doesn't want to work for Fox and is definitely gone if he stays. Loggains may not get fired, but he's a pretty likely scapegoat.

What coaches are going to come in and work for a 1 year contract Fox? Nobody with any options. Next year will be a train wreck. He has to go or be extended. And he can't be extended or my head will explode like that dude in Scanners.
Umbali
MVP

I personally would want them to fire Fox now, move Fangio to interim head coach and tell Loggain to prove his worth.

Then see who is worth keeping
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Umbali wrote:I personally would want them to fire Fox now, move Fangio to interim head coach and tell Loggain to prove his worth.

Then see who is worth keeping
I'll go warm up the bus.
Last edited by o-pus #40 in B major on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G08
Hall of Famer

Heard a New Orleans beat writer just say that he thinks Carmichael is a nice guy, smart, but pretty much a mouthpiece for Sean Payton. Doesn't think he's head-coaching material.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

PapaDongo
Practice Squad

Let's be honest, Sean Payton is just the beneficiary of having a HoF QB and aint done CHIT really since the Superbowl until this year. If pace hires some cuck assistant of Payton's I'm gonna blow chunks.
wab
Mod

G08 wrote:Heard a New Orleans beat writer just say that he thinks Carmichael is a nice guy, smart, but pretty much a mouthpiece for Sean Payton. Doesn't think he's head-coaching material.
That basically confirms my worry. With how that offense has performed, he should have had a HC gig by now. But not only is he not a HC, he's only gotten a token interview here and there.
BR0D1E86
MVP

I don't know enough about any of these guys s to form a full opinion. I will say that I think McDaniels has a chance to be one of those guys that really learned from his first job and be really good the second time around. If he wants personnel control though, I'm out.

Nagy interests me a lot, but I'm no sure he's experienced enough. He'd need a real experienced D.C. to help him. Ours wants to leave, unfortunately.

We need to get the next hire right though, or we're probably looking at a new personnel guy too and a lot longer stretch of sucking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wab
Mod

BR0D1E86 wrote:We need to get the next hire right though, or we're probably looking at a new personnel guy too and a lot longer stretch of sucking.
If the Bears don't get the next hire right, the Bears will have become the Browns.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:We need to get the next hire right though, or we're probably looking at a new personnel guy too and a lot longer stretch of sucking.
If the Bears don't get the next hire right, the Bears will have become the Browns.
Matt. Nagy.

Read this: http://www.bearsfansonline.com/forum/vi ... =2&t=11942" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS