11.19.2017 // Loss - Bears 24, Lions 27

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

GSH wrote:in that sequence of events, id rather Fangio as HC and Loggains as OC allowed to run the offence his way.

I just think Fangio probably has a bit more of respect from the locker room when talking about the HC position.
Personally I think Fangio falls into the category of great OC, bad HC. I have nothing to back that up, but he just comes across that way. I don't see him as being political, and you have to have some diplomatic ability when you are the HC.
MoFugger
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
MoFugger wrote:
malk wrote:Add me to McDaniels if we go external, Loggains if Pace thinks he's worth the risk but that should have happened already.

I can't see Loggains getting it mind, plus would that cause issues with Fangio?
I really think we need to stop thinking Fangio is the prized Pig at the County Fair.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
You've hated him for a long time, but you can't discount the positive impact he has had on our defense. Went from worst in Chicago Bears history to above average (playing at a high level before injuries took their toll as well).
I don't "hate" him. I think he's overrated. And I don't discount the change that came about when he showed up and cleaned up Mel Tucker's mess. I also don't think he was the only man on earth that could do it.

The man is absolutely good at what he does, but I just don't get the hand-wringing over the possibility of losing him, like suddenly the defense is going to go to s*** because we don't have Vic Fangio here.
There were great defensive coordinators before Vick came to the NFL, and there will be great defensive coordinators after he leaves. I just don't buy into the keeping him at all costs, even if it's to the detriment of the entire team.

G08
Hall of Famer

MoFugger wrote:
G08 wrote:
MoFugger wrote:
malk wrote:Add me to McDaniels if we go external, Loggains if Pace thinks he's worth the risk but that should have happened already.

I really think we need to stop thinking Fangio is the prized Pig at the County Fair.

You've hated him for a long time, but you can't discount the positive impact he has had on our defense. Went from worst in Chicago Bears history to above average (playing at a high level before injuries took their toll as well).
I don't "hate" him. I think he's overrated. And I don't discount the change that came about when he showed up and cleaned up Mel Tucker's mess. I also don't think he was the only man on earth that could do it.

The man is absolutely good at what he does, but I just don't get the hand-wringing over the possibility of losing him, like suddenly the defense is going to go to s*** because we don't have Vic Fangio here.
There were great defensive coordinators before Vick came to the NFL, and there will be great defensive coordinators after he leaves. I just don't buy into the keeping him at all costs, even if it's to the detriment of the entire team.

Riiiight

http://www.bearsfansonline.com/forum/se ... mit=Search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My favorite: "Fangio is a bigger hoax than climate change! " :lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
MoFugger
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
MoFugger wrote:
G08 wrote:
MoFugger wrote:

Riiiight

http://www.bearsfansonline.com/forum/se ... mit=Search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not claiming I haven't gone on post game drunken rants about him.
I stand by the be life he is overrated.

G08
Hall of Famer

MoFugger wrote:
G08 wrote:
MoFugger wrote:
G08 wrote:
MoFugger wrote:

Riiiight

Our defense did lose to Brett Hundley...
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
MoFugger wrote:
G08 wrote:
MoFugger wrote:
G08 wrote:
MoFugger wrote:I really think we need to stop thinking Fangio is the prized Pig at the County Fair.

Riiiight

Our defense did lose to Brett Hundley...
Without Danny Trevethan. Who I still claim is the lynchpin of the defense.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

docc
Head Coach

yes..I read that..
Great game for him to build on..
Richie
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:Image
Really good to see.

So far, the people who criticized Pace for taking chances on small school players are on their way to looking silly.

If Trub pans out on top of it, that could be the draft class we point to in a few years as our "corner turning" moment.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:Image
Really good to see.

So far, the people who criticized Pace for taking chances on small school players are on their way to looking silly.

If Trub pans out on top of it, that could be the draft class we point to in a few years as our "corner turning" moment.
I hope so but it could also be the nail in his coffin
GSH
MVP

nahhh, cohen, shaheen and trubisky alone i think show that pace has a good drafting nose. Kevin White is what it is and totally unforeseen and the roster availability ( read: injuries ) haven't helped.

Pace is not the problem with this organisation - its the lack of on field discipline ( penalties ) and shitty play calling and challenging in weird spots that hamstringing this team - all the head coaches responsibilities.

Pace has shown enough that this team will not be the perennial bottom feeders, ala browns, and the thermometer is pointing upwards in chicago. We'll get there, 2019-2020 we are legit contenders. Hang in there bears bros.
Ormazd
MVP

docc wrote:I would have liked a sidleine quick to get 5 or more..still have 4 secs,,for the Dead Barff Magic..
That ugly Barfburger kick would have missed from 20 yards.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

if barth makes that kick he might still have a job. long term, we won.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:if barth makes that kick he might still have a job. long term, we won.

no, because he would have then saved his game day choke for OT ...
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin