Bears bring in K Cairo Santos for a workout

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

http://nfltraderumors.co/bears-hosted-k ... tos-visit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Bears brought in veteran K Cairo Santos for a visit on Thursday.

According to Biggs, Santos took a physical for the Bears but it doesn’t appear the team will offer a contract at this point in time.

Teams including the Buccaneers have been monitoring Santos and his recovery from an adductor strain the past few months, as he’s currently the best available kicker.

Santos, 25, wound up signing on with the Chiefs as an undrafted free agent out of Tulane back in 2014. He returned to the Chiefs this past March on a one-year restricted deal worth $1.797 million.

Kansas City elected to place him on injured reserve with a groin strain at the start of the season and cut him loose with a settlement soon after.

In 2017, Santos has appeared in three games and converted all three of his field goal attempts along with 12 of 12 extra point tries.
wab
Mod

Santos is tiny. Like Tarik Cohen tiny, but without the muscles and stuff.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Oh man. I remember him missing the kick that won us the game in KC a couple years ago. Matt Forte. Marquess Wilson.

Good times. Good times.
Richie
MVP

alexwilkins wrote:Oh man. I remember him missing the kick that won us the game in KC a couple years ago. Matt Forte. Marquess Wilson.

Good times. Good times.
That was, perhaps even better than the GB win that year. Holy hell, was I pumped. Not because I thought we were going anywhere, it was just SO unexpected with how that game had gone for 57 minutes. Then, somehow Cutler engineered two flawless drives. Executing on a complete dime to Wilson, then picking up a bad snap and throwing a strike to Forte.
G08
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:Oh man. I remember him missing the kick that won us the game in KC a couple years ago. Matt Forte. Marquess Wilson.

Good times. Good times.
That was, perhaps even better than the GB win that year. Holy hell, was I pumped. Not because I thought we were going anywhere, it was just SO unexpected with how that game had gone for 57 minutes. Then, somehow Cutler engineered two flawless drives. Executing on a complete dime to Wilson, then picking up a bad snap and throwing a strike to Forte.
I remember that one very well... God I miss adrenaline rushes like that
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Umbali
MVP

Honestly I am still SUPER PISSED that they cut Robbie......and sadly my father in law is a 40 whiners fan...and rubs it in my face...weekly
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
G08
Hall of Famer

Umbali wrote:Honestly I am still SUPER PISSED that they cut Robbie......and sadly my father in law is a 40 whiners fan...and rubs it in my face...weekly
He really shouldn't be rubbing anything in your face, that team sucks balls :lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

MitchTrubisky10
Practice Squad

Umbali wrote:Honestly I am still SUPER PISSED that they cut Robbie......and sadly my father in law is a 40 whiners fan...and rubs it in my face...weekly
Robbie was making much more money than he was worth at the time and he had blown numerous game for the Bears over the past couple of seasons. That money the Bears used by cutting Robbie went to signing Josh Sitton. The problem for the Bears has been finding a replacement kicker. The fact that they didn't bring in Jake Elliott after being there for the Senior Bowl in which he was kicking in is inexcusable.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

MitchTrubisky10 wrote:
Robbie was making much more money than he was worth at the time and he had blown numerous game for the Bears over the past couple of seasons. That money the Bears used by cutting Robbie went to signing Josh Sitton. The problem for the Bears has been finding a replacement kicker. The fact that they didn't bring in Jake Elliott after being there for the Senior Bowl in which he was kicking in is inexcusable.

Gould was missing key kicks, yes ... and yes his misses towards the end of games cost a couple of wins

but his overall body of work as a Bear was pretty superlative

kickers in general are weird, and there is no rhyme or reason most times when one gets the yips ... Gould got the yips ... he didn't suddenly turn into a shitty kicker with no hope ... but it seems the $$$ on his contract, coupled with the yips, equaled a lack of patience by the Bears to wait for him to work it out of his system ... whether you agree with what they did with Gould or not, the clear item of concern is they haven't had anyone near his ability at the position since ... and I doubt this smurf Cairo is going to change that
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Get anyone but Barth in there.

FUCK.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
jamus34
Journeyman

So in one season Barth has cost us as many games as Gould did his entire career.

Is he really the BEST available Pace?

I mean jesus how many gimme's to tie or win the game does a guy have to miss to get cut?
wab
Mod

At some point people are gonna have to move on from Gould.
wab
Mod

Oh. And Barth sucks.
MoFugger
Head Coach

wab wrote:At some point people are gonna have to move on from Gould.
I wouldn't count on it.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
jamus34
Journeyman

That's fine, I'll give you that...still no reason why Barth has a job in the NFL after today.

There's what, 120 something D1 college programs in the country? Your telling me there isn't someone who graduated from one of those schools that isn't better than Barth?
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

no
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:

no
Concur. Not when Gould is top 10 in kicking percentage this season while Barth is 32nd.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Adam Jahns @adamjahns
35s
#Bears coach John Fox, in his own Fox way, definitely made it sound as if a change at kicker is imminent.
Whatever the hell that means.
BR0D1E86
MVP

I still haven't gotten over Kevin Butler not being our kicker. So not bloody likely.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

RING4CHI wrote:
Boris13c wrote:

no
Concur. Not when Gould is top 10 in kicking percentage this season while Barth is 32nd.
Yep

Gould: 90%
Barth: 70%
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
docc
Head Coach

Barff has vomited his career here..

There HAS to be better available.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

RING4CHI wrote:
Adam Jahns @adamjahns
35s
#Bears coach John Fox, in his own Fox way, definitely made it sound as if a change at kicker is imminent.
Whatever the hell that means.

John Fox: "We’re in a production based business and that’s what we get paid to do. Whether it’s win games as the head coach or whether it’s make kicks as a kicker."

Adam Hoge‏Verified account @AdamHoge
7m7 minutes ago

John Fox is now 3-13 against the NFC North as #Bears head coach.

1-4 against the #Lions
1-4 against the #Vikings
1-5 against the #Packers

soooo john fox is going to fire himself. i knew i respected that man for a reason.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

"Hey Cairo! How ya doing? Yeah, the games just finished.

How'd it go? Oh, er, well, you know how it is.

How's the groin? All good? Excellent.

Er, how soon can you get to Chicago..."
Last edited by HisRoyalSweetness on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wab
Mod

I just don’t understand pining for a kicker that was cut over a year ago. I mean, I miss Marty Booker too.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I just don’t understand pining for a kicker that was cut over a year ago. I mean, I miss Marty Booker too.
Simple. The guy he was cut in favor for is still here, and that guy has sucked since he got here.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I just don’t understand pining for a kicker that was cut over a year ago. I mean, I miss Marty Booker too.

OK. Who else is out there?
MoFugger
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

OK. Who else is out there?
Not anyone you've ever heard of

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Mike Nugent (who??) just banged one through the uprights from 48 yards out, like it was nothing. He is the BACK-UP kicker for Dallas. Jesus H. Christ. Wasn't Barth in Denver with Fox?
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

You've never heard of Mike Nugent? I understand fans aren't into the kicking game as much as I am, but Nugent has been in the NFL since 2005, as long as Gould.
UOK
Site Admin

@djdurkin

Reminder: the #Bears brought in Josh Lambo (and Roberto Aguayo) for a tryout on 10/4. Lambo has since signed with the Jaguars and hasn't missed a FG with a long of 51.