Bears bring in K Cairo Santos for a workout

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

marlin
Practice Squad

This is the part where I would say "I told you so, on Robbie Gould". Though I guess I can't, since I don't see that I ever mentioned it in my post history, but I was definitely shaking my head at the time. After over 2 decades of watching the Bears closely, I've seen it too many times. If I had to give a new GM advice, as ridiculous as that sounds coming from an armchair fan, I'd tell them don't get too cute with your personnel moves...go with the players that prove themselves on the field. Most of the time, it really is that simple. We wouldn't be on our 3rd GM in 5 years if the others had made use of that simple advice.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

marlin wrote:This is the part where I would say "I told you so, on Robbie Gould". Though I guess I can't, since I don't see that I ever mentioned it in my post history, but I was definitely shaking my head at the time. After over 2 decades of watching the Bears closely, I've seen it too many times. If I had to give a new GM advice, as ridiculous as that sounds coming from an armchair fan, I'd tell them don't get too cute with your personnel moves...go with the players that prove themselves on the field. Most of the time, it really is that simple. We wouldn't be on our 3rd GM in 5 years if the others had made use of that simple advice.
He just nailed a 45 yd FG to give SF their third win in a row. The announcers said that since Chicago cut Gould in September of 2016, he has only missed two FG's. Barth missed two FG's in one game.
malk
Head Coach

I just hope Gould kicks the 49ers to a worse draft slot than us!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:I just hope Gould kicks the 49ers to a worse draft slot than us!

All part of the Master Plan

:party:
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.