Loggains or Fangio for interm HC

Loggains
26%
Fangio
74%

Total votes: 27
Funkster
MVP

Thread title says it all. I would like to see what you all think. Also, I would like to hear why you selected one or the other.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

This is pointless. The McCaskey's are not going to fire John Fox mid-season. Yes, I said McCaskey's. I don't think that Pace gets to make this decision, which is another HUGE reason I hate this franchise.
wab
Mod

I voted Loggains but they won’t fire Fox in-season.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I voted Loggains but they won’t fire Fox in-season.
But don't you agree that this makes the franchise even more laughable? He's 12-30 in his 2.5 seasons. Any other coach for any other franchise, would have been launched by now.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

For shits and giggles..... Fango
Funkster
MVP

wab wrote:I voted Loggains but they won’t fire Fox in-season.
This is my thoughts exactly.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

My biggest concern with fangio becoming head coach is, who in the world does he know to come in and run the offense?
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:My biggest concern with fangio becoming head coach is, who in the world does he know to come in and run the offense?
Its an interim position. Loggains would continue to run the offense. Fangio would be HC and DC.
BearBudMan
Rookie

Let Fangio be hc and let Loggains run the show on offense. This way i feel we can evaluate them both before the season ends. I don't think Fangio will be back as defensive coordinator. I would like to see some consistency with an oc to benefit Mitch. If Loggains is the guy, we need to know know. I feel like Fox has too much input into offensive play calling. just my 2 cents. Thanks
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Eh.
How much does it matter?

Fox is gone and so are they, unless you intend to promote one to HC.
Would you want to even consider it?

Not me.
I'm after a fresh start.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Richie
MVP

Doesn't matter.

Bears have never fired a coach mid-season, and won't start now.
Funkster
MVP

Moriarty wrote:Eh.
How much does it matter?

Fox is gone and so are they, unless you intend to promote one to HC.
Would you want to even consider it?

Not me.
I'm after a fresh start.
Umm I think you just answered your own question. To evaluate one of them to see if Pace wants to promote one of them.
Last edited by Funkster on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Neither. I am not good with make believe, but neither would thrill me at this time or later.
docc
Head Coach

Frank Reich is ready to move up,, Worth a look,,

Frank Reich was hired by Eagles head coach Doug Pederson in the 2016 offseason and boasts 25 seasons of NFL experience as both a player (1985-1998) and a coach (2006-2016).

Reich comes to Philadelphia from San Diego, where he spent the last two years as the team’s offensive coordinator after coaching the Chargers’ quarterbacks in 2013.

In San Diego, Reich worked closely with Chargers QB Philip Rivers and helped the 12-year veteran achieve one of the best stretches of his career. While under Reich’s supervision, Rivers hit the 4,000-yard passing plateau in three-straight seasons for a total of 13,556 yards, marking the third-most passing yards by an NFL quarterback during that span. Also during that span, Rivers threw 92 touchdowns, the fourth-highest total in the NFL, while compiling the third-most completions in the league (1,194) and recording the second-highest completion percentage (67.3).

During Reich’s two seasons as San Diego’s offensive coordinator, the Chargers ranked third in completions (822), fourth in completion percentage (66.2) and fifth in the NFL in net passing yards (8,869).

In 2015, Reich’s second year as San Diego’s offensive coordinator, Rivers led the league with a career-high and franchise-record 437 completions, while finishing second in the NFL with a career-high 4,792 passing yards. Reich’s impact was immediately evident in his first season as the team’s offensive coordinator (2014), as Rivers became the first QB since 1960 to record a QB rating of at least 120 in five-consecutive games, all of which were Chargers wins.

Reich was initially hired by the Chargers in 2013 and the former quarterback’s work with Rivers was evident in his first season as quarterbacks coach. In his first year working with Reich, Rivers led the NFL with a career-high 69.5 completion percentage, while he also matched his career-high 105.5 quarterback rating, which ranked fourth in the league that season. Rivers’ 4,478 passing yards in 2013 marked his third-highest single-season total at the time and his 32 touchdown passes still rank as the second-highest total of his career.

Prior to his tenure in San Diego, Reich coached wide receivers for the Arizona Cardinals in 2012, where he worked with WRs Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd.
MoFugger
Head Coach

The sooner Fangio and fox are out of here, the better.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Adipost
MVP

I think Fox could be gone tomorrow.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

First of all, this poll is silly without a "no changes right now" option.

And as many have said, firing a coach mid-season isn't something the McKnuckleheads do. So it's pointless to ponder it.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Umbali
MVP

I am curious. What has anyone seen, ever, to make them think Loggains is any good? I know his hands are probably tied by Fox atm, but still. I dont get it
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Funkster
MVP

Mikefive wrote:First of all, this poll is silly without a "no changes right now" option.

And as many have said, firing a coach mid-season isn't something the McKnuckleheads do. So it's pointless to ponder it.
The "no changes right now" wasn't an option because I wanted to see how you all feel about Loggains and Fangio. I do agree it's not like this organization to make changes mid season. I just don't see a purpose for Fox to continue this season. If Pace has even an ounce of interest in either one of these coaches being the future HC, he has to promote one of them NOW and see If they fit the direction he wants to go. What a great opportunity to evaluate when nothing is on the line. I personally don't want to see a new HC, OC and DC next season. The Bears can't keep changing out those positions every 3 seasons or they will become the browns very quick.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The answer seems obvious... Fangio is more experienced and has been talked about as a head coaching candidate. Loggains is significantly younger and is just now starting to come into his own as a coordinator, even if he has been hamstrung by Foxie a lot of the time. The other thing that makes Fangio the obvious choice is that he has another very experienced guy in Donatell on staff who could step up into the DC role. Who would be the OC if Loggains moved up?

On your statement that the Bears can't keep changing coaching staffs every 3 years, there's something to be said for that. But Fox has accomplished his primary goal... Straighten out the locker room and turn the team into a bunch of professionals. Mission accomplished. But taking them to the next step was beyond his grasp and the Bears now need someone who can mold a very young QB into a winner. Fox isn't that guy and there's no indication that Fangio is either. As a general rule, you're right that we can't keep turning over the staff every 3 years. But as the Chicago Bears go, we're in a completely different circumstance today than where we were 3 years ago. So in this case, it makes a lot of sense.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Funkster
MVP

Mike, I agree with a lot of what you said. I question Fangio only because he has interviewed for HC positions in the past and has never been signed. To me, that raises red flags. I really like him as the DC, I personally don't want to see him leave. However, I just don't know about him moving to HC. I'm also a little apprehensive promoting him due to the fact if he doesn't work out as HC, would he be willing to step back down? Or would he hit the road? If I remember correctly Cutler said Loggains would be a HC some day, he also said that about Gase. Great conversion fellas!
MoFugger
Head Coach

We lost.
But we lost to what is arguably the best NFL football team in 2017
I don't think you could point out a better overall team right now than the Philadelphia Eagles
I just wanted to hang with them for a little bit longer than we did

The Bears have to come out tomorrow and announce that fire John Fox.
They have to do that.

Someone is going to have to explain in really extremely simple words why this is not common sense?

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

I want neither of these guys. If they did decide on an interim I would say Fangio, but I do think he is overrated, at least overrated from a Chicago point of view. He is a good Defensive Coordinator but at this point in his career he has not shown to be a great DC like a Wade Phillips or a Dom Capers. As for Loggains being an interrim? That's a joke. He is not even a competent OC. He was handed a top ten defense at Houston, had one year ranked 8th and the very next year with pretty much the same personal dropped to 31st the following year. Fair or not talent wise, he has showed jack shit in Chicago. I don't want a guy based on wishful thinking.
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

Seems clear that Fangio would be the choice, between these two, for an INTERIM position should it become available.

Fangio has been in the league a long time with consistent success and is looking for a Head Coaching job. Can he do it? Bringing him in for the last four or five games would give Pace great insight into that and if he's good we'd have the chance to sign him before anybody else.

Loggains on the other hand has bounced around without that success, and really hasn't been in the conversations for any HC jobs as far as I know. He really hasn't done anything to deserve it. Should Pace decide he is the guy I'm sure he'll still be available after the season.

I'm not sure why Pace or the McCaskey's would hesitate to fire Fox mid season. He's getting paid no matter what, so why not give Fangio time to prove himself as HC? Do coordinators who become interim HC's get new contracts too? I don't think so as they're already being paid. If that's correct then there's no new money that needs to be paid to anybody here. What's the deal?
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

docc wrote:Frank Reich is ready to move up,, Worth a look,,

Frank Reich was hired by Eagles head coach Doug Pederson in the 2016 offseason and boasts 25 seasons of NFL experience as both a player (1985-1998) and a coach (2006-2016).

Reich comes to Philadelphia from San Diego, where he spent the last two years as the team’s offensive coordinator after coaching the Chargers’ quarterbacks in 2013.

In San Diego, Reich worked closely with Chargers QB Philip Rivers and helped the 12-year veteran achieve one of the best stretches of his career. While under Reich’s supervision, Rivers hit the 4,000-yard passing plateau in three-straight seasons for a total of 13,556 yards, marking the third-most passing yards by an NFL quarterback during that span. Also during that span, Rivers threw 92 touchdowns, the fourth-highest total in the NFL, while compiling the third-most completions in the league (1,194) and recording the second-highest completion percentage (67.3).

During Reich’s two seasons as San Diego’s offensive coordinator, the Chargers ranked third in completions (822), fourth in completion percentage (66.2) and fifth in the NFL in net passing yards (8,869).

In 2015, Reich’s second year as San Diego’s offensive coordinator, Rivers led the league with a career-high and franchise-record 437 completions, while finishing second in the NFL with a career-high 4,792 passing yards. Reich’s impact was immediately evident in his first season as the team’s offensive coordinator (2014), as Rivers became the first QB since 1960 to record a QB rating of at least 120 in five-consecutive games, all of which were Chargers wins.

Reich was initially hired by the Chargers in 2013 and the former quarterback’s work with Rivers was evident in his first season as quarterbacks coach. In his first year working with Reich, Rivers led the NFL with a career-high 69.5 completion percentage, while he also matched his career-high 105.5 quarterback rating, which ranked fourth in the league that season. Rivers’ 4,478 passing yards in 2013 marked his third-highest single-season total at the time and his 32 touchdown passes still rank as the second-highest total of his career.

Prior to his tenure in San Diego, Reich coached wide receivers for the Arizona Cardinals in 2012, where he worked with WRs Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd.
If people like other guys with short resumes, I don't know why Reich wouldn't be in the picture too.

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

as many have noted, Fox likely will not be fired during the season so there will be no interim HC

as for new Head Coach for next season, I'm open to all possibilities ... but I'm simply not so sure a new HC will fix the real problems the Bears organization has that limit the possibilities of success ... there simply is not a structure of cohesiveness in place between the layers of responsibility (owner, GM, coaches) that successful teams have ... and I don't think the Bears as an organization accept that as a problem they need to deal with which is why they are where they are
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:as many have noted, Fox likely will not be fired during the season so there will be no interim HC

as for new Head Coach for next season, I'm open to all possibilities ... but I'm simply not so sure a new HC will fix the real problems the Bears organization has that limit the possibilities of success ... there simply is not a structure of cohesiveness in place between the layers of responsibility (owner, GM, coaches) that successful teams have ... and I don't think the Bears as an organization accept that as a problem they need to deal with which is why they are where they are
well they better wake up and smell the coffee because nobody is getting any younger around here :sick:
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS