12.3.17 // Bears lose to 49ers 15-14

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Dominant bitch of those leaving Soldier Field Sunday, McCaskeys must go (of course with Fox as well). Fans are outraged at the McCaskeys and their perceived/factual incompetence.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Eh that long post above was good. I would definitely take Jimmy over Mitch. As I said prior to the draft Jimmy was the best QB available by far. He made Louis Murphy look like a pro bowler. That said Mitch is comparable physically in talent level. Jimmy is more refined, and educated in the NFL.
docc
Head Coach

Yep..dam office..had to answer a question..and typed JP instead of JG..!
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:Eh that long post above was good. I would definitely take Jimmy over Mitch. As I said prior to the draft Jimmy was the best QB available by far. He made Louis Murphy look like a pro bowler. That said Mitch is comparable physically in talent level. Jimmy is more refined, and educated in the NFL.
I would take Jimmy over Biscuit because of the experience around the Patriots, but also the cost. Jimmy was a 2nd rounder and I like Biscuit.

We'd get a 1st round (3rd overall), third and fourth round picks back, but then had to give up a 2nd. I'll take that deal.
BR0D1E86
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:Eh that long post above was good. I would definitely take Jimmy over Mitch. As I said prior to the draft Jimmy was the best QB available by far. He made Louis Murphy look like a pro bowler. That said Mitch is comparable physically in talent level. Jimmy is more refined, and educated in the NFL.
I would take Jimmy over Biscuit because of the experience around the Patriots, but also the cost. Jimmy was a 2nd rounder and I like Biscuit.

We'd get a 1st round (3rd overall), third and fourth round picks back, but then had to give up a 2nd. I'll take that deal.
But at the draft it was a 1st and a 3rd. I think at the time I said I would have done our first for JG and their late 1st, but that wasn’t on the table.

The Patriots overplayed their hands on that a bit.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:

But at the draft it was a 1st and a 3rd. I think at the time I said I would have done our first for JG and their late 1st, but that wasn’t on the table.

That's a fair point. I recall that as well. Had the cost been a 2nd rounder at the time, Pace would've had to have done that deal.

I was just shocked by the Biscuit trade given the recent signing of Glennon and the QBs available in 2018.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

Jimmy G won a game over the Fox lead 3-9 Chicago Bears. Put him in the HOF.
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:

That's a fair point. I recall that as well. Had the cost been a 2nd rounder at the time, Pace would've had to have done that deal.

I was just shocked by the Biscuit trade given the recent signing of Glennon and the QBs available in 2018.
I agree - if the Patriots had offered up Garappolo for a second round pick prior to the Bears signing Glennon or drafting Trubisky, it would have been a chance worth taking ... but they didn't ... they were holding to their 1st and 3rd for him even after the draft
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin