Rumor Mill: Broncos trying to move WR Demaryius Thomas

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

https://sportsnaut.com/2017/11/report-b ... ve-season/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Inman trade could mean Pace isn't trying to move any high picks, or he's waiting until the draft/offseason is closer to make any drastic moves. Either way, Demaryius Thomas would look good in a Bears uni.
Wounded Bear
MVP

If Ryan Pace is a disciplined moneyballer, he won't pay big money at the wide receiver position. Chances are we'll address this in the draft.

But in the interest of developing our young QB, if the price is right, who knows what he'll do.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
botfly10
Player of the Month

The article is about how the Broncos already tried to trade Thomas this year and failed. And how they might release him this offseason. Just thought I would point that out.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Demaryius to me has always been in that weird grey area (that i think alshon is in as well) where he's an average #1 but superb #2. But those guys still want to paid like top tier #1's.

He's had issues with drops his entire career, and i mean, bellamy is a #5wr forced into a starting roll and bears fans want to execute him by firing squad for this very reason.

As long as the Broncos are working with cheap qb contracts, I dont think they take the cap hit, deplete their wr corps,and get rid of one of their top two wr's.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I wouldn't be so dismissive of this. It all depends on what they want for him and what his contract looks like going forward. I'd be open to it.

Depending on how the draft goes, where we end up, what we can get for trading down, etc. it's possible we effectively trade down from a top slot and use one of the acquired picks (obviously not a 1st rounder) to get this guy I can see that.

Edit: Saw in an online article that Thomas has a $12M cap hit next year. Cut Glennon and you're ahead by $3M. Again, this assumes the draft choice price is right.